4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this but I wish they'd knock up the build ...
I really like this but I wish they'd knock up the build quality up a notch on the straps (real leather would be nice) and the plastic connectors. (Metal please.)
Published 6 months ago by dmason

3.0 out of 5 stars Great weekender, wish it was a little thicker.
Published 23 months ago by A. Solis

3.0 out of 5 stars Great weekender, wish it was a little thicker., February 17, 2013
I have used this duffle for 5 weekend trips both as a carry on and checked in bag. The handles and strap are comfortable to wear. I enjoy the compliments I get on its design, and it really is the perfect size for me. The show compartment is a must have now that I use this bag. On the negative side I wish the material was a little bit thicker as I see it wearing a bit faster than I expected. Also I wish the hardware on the shoulder strap and its connection on the bag were made of metal and not plastic. With those minor changes this would be a perfect bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractive junk, January 29, 2013
The hardware is plastic, and after 4 days of gentle use (e.g. clothing for a short getaway), the seam holding the strap unraveled. The zipper looked like it would give way soon, too. Looks nice, but ultimately a waste of my time as I spent time buying and now returning.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay bag, but does not meet my expectations., August 14, 2014
Elle C. (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Needed a weekender bag and saw all the glowing reviews so thought I had found the one. It's a functional bag, and I love the shoe compartment - genius! It's a good size and could fit a couple days worth of clothes without having to check in luggage at the airport. I also like the convenient, adjustable shoulder strap.

But for $80? All it really is, is a plain duffel bag with a Herschel label on it. And that's what you're paying for: the label. It is not as durable or high-quality as I thought it would be considering the reviews. It feels kind of cheap, especially with the fake leather and plastic zipper. The fabric is not as thick, and the zipper seems like it wouldn't last long. It would be a better product with metal zippers/clips.

Will have to return this one. My search for a weekender bag (with a shoe compartment, preferably!) continues.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this but I wish they'd knock up the build ..., July 13, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Really like the bag, but it squeaks when I walk, October 30, 2014
This bag fits SO. MUCH. STUFF. For that, I am very pleased. Additionally, it counts as carry-on luggage, which I appreciate when I am taking longer trips and don't want to check my bag. My biggest issue with the bag is, if I have it hanging from my shoulder, it squeaks when I walk. I think it's the plastic triangle piece against the metal D-ring. I am going to see if I can purchase different materials and fix the squeak, hopefully that will fix the problem. Otherwise, I am happy with the quality of the bag itself; it's a great size and color, plus the inside is fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really do like this bag, January 3, 2015
I really do like this bag. It's very fashionable and a great size. I have only had it for a short time and can already see some wear. Only real issues is the hooks that hold the shoulder strap are plastic and squeak like crazy when you are walking with the bag. I love the bag though

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractive bag that turned out to be a piece of junk; No service from Herschel., January 21, 2015
Wow. First of all, a cool looking bag. I bought six of them for a gift for my wedding party.

The issue is, three years later it is basically a useless piece of junk. And Herschel customer service is totally unresponsive. Two major things. The "leather" handles have started fraying and discentigrating, leaving pieces of vinyl (?) all over your hands when you carry it.

The zipper has totally broken (first one broke about a year after I bought it, got no response from Herschel. Second one broke recently, leaving me a completely open duffel bag for a plane ride home from my overnight trip. Still can not get an answer from Herschel.

When I bought these in 2011, I hadn't really heard of Herschel. Now their products seem to be everywhere; hopefully the quality and service others get doesn't match mine.

(Note: this bag was used as an occassional overnight bag; NOT used heavily at all (as an everyday gym bag, etc.) It was not worn out, I have much "cheaper" gym bags that have held up to 100 times more use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and well built, August 11, 2013
As with all Herschel products this is exceedingly well made. I'm a big fan of how this bag looks, especially the inner lining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Weekend Get aways, July 15, 2013
I love my new bag. It holds enough for a long weekend with the guys and its sturdy too. A great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for a decent price!, March 29, 2014
Gift for my boyfriend and he loved it! Great size for a weekend bag and he loves the shoe compartment

Herschel Supply Co. Novel
Herschel Supply Co. Novel by Herschel Supply Co.
$79.99 $63.00 - $134.85