4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this but I wish they'd knock up the build ...
I really like this but I wish they'd knock up the build quality up a notch on the straps (real leather would be nice) and the plastic connectors. (Metal please.)
Published 5 months ago by dmason

3.0 out of 5 stars Great weekender, wish it was a little thicker.
Published 22 months ago by A. Solis

3.0 out of 5 stars Great weekender, wish it was a little thicker., February 17, 2013
I have used this duffle for 5 weekend trips both as a carry on and checked in bag. The handles and strap are comfortable to wear. I enjoy the compliments I get on its design, and it really is the perfect size for me. The show compartment is a must have now that I use this bag. On the negative side I wish the material was a little bit thicker as I see it wearing a bit faster than I expected. Also I wish the hardware on the shoulder strap and its connection on the bag were made of metal and not plastic. With those minor changes this would be a perfect bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractive junk, January 29, 2013
The hardware is plastic, and after 4 days of gentle use (e.g. clothing for a short getaway), the seam holding the strap unraveled. The zipper looked like it would give way soon, too. Looks nice, but ultimately a waste of my time as I spent time buying and now returning.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay bag, but does not meet my expectations., August 14, 2014
Elle C. (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Needed a weekender bag and saw all the glowing reviews so thought I had found the one. It's a functional bag, and I love the shoe compartment - genius! It's a good size and could fit a couple days worth of clothes without having to check in luggage at the airport. I also like the convenient, adjustable shoulder strap.

But for $80? All it really is, is a plain duffel bag with a Herschel label on it. And that's what you're paying for: the label. It is not as durable or high-quality as I thought it would be considering the reviews. It feels kind of cheap, especially with the fake leather and plastic zipper. The fabric is not as thick, and the zipper seems like it wouldn't last long. It would be a better product with metal zippers/clips.

Will have to return this one. My search for a weekender bag (with a shoe compartment, preferably!) continues.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this but I wish they'd knock up the build ..., July 13, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Really like the bag, but it squeaks when I walk, October 30, 2014
This bag fits SO. MUCH. STUFF. For that, I am very pleased. Additionally, it counts as carry-on luggage, which I appreciate when I am taking longer trips and don't want to check my bag. My biggest issue with the bag is, if I have it hanging from my shoulder, it squeaks when I walk. I think it's the plastic triangle piece against the metal D-ring. I am going to see if I can purchase different materials and fix the squeak, hopefully that will fix the problem. Otherwise, I am happy with the quality of the bag itself; it's a great size and color, plus the inside is fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and well built, August 11, 2013
As with all Herschel products this is exceedingly well made. I'm a big fan of how this bag looks, especially the inner lining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Weekend Get aways, July 15, 2013
I love my new bag. It holds enough for a long weekend with the guys and its sturdy too. A great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for a decent price!, March 29, 2014
Gift for my boyfriend and he loved it! Great size for a weekend bag and he loves the shoe compartment

4.0 out of 5 stars Hold a lot!, October 31, 2014
I bought this to use as a weekender bag and it actually holds a lot. For a 5 day trip, I over-packed 7 outfits including a thin hoodie and 3 pairs of shoes (flats, sneakers, and dr.martin boots) as a carry-on on a plane....what, I'm a girl? I was only able to stuff one pair of shoes in the shoes compartment on the side. Also stuffed my hair straightener and makeup bag.

Pros-
~stores a lot of items
~good quality and durability

Cons-
~the long straps make squeaky noises when you wear it on the shoulder
~a bit difficult to hold the bag when packed (stronger women and men should be fine with the weight)

2.0 out of 5 stars annoying.., October 17, 2014
very noisy.. there is a voice coming from holder, annoying... But looks nice...

Herschel Supply Co. Novel
Herschel Supply Co. Novel by Herschel Supply Co.
$79.99 $54.18 - $134.85