Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: He's Mine Not Yours
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on January 16, 2012

on February 14, 2012
I loved the story line. Great modern love story and a good lesson on the importance of "trust" in relationships. I expected it to be low rate because it was not a movie that had been in the theatres. However, I was very impressed at how great the movie was put together. It can compete with any movie you'd see in theatres. The actors could "act," they were all good looking - great hair and makeup. The scenes, wardrobe and locations were good. What does the black community have to do to see movies like these in theatres. This was my first purchase on Amazon and I was shocked to see so many black movies and actors that I hadn't heard of. It's 2012 for God's sake. The black community needs to "occupy" hollywood and make this change.
44 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
I gave this movie a 5 star rating because it was funny, filmed well, and engaging. There could have been a more complicated plot, but it was refreshing to see these young black actors do a great job at producing a clean, funny, and quality film. Keep it up!!
on April 17, 2012
I saw this movie this past weekend. And, to be honest after reading the movie summary I expected a mediocre, predictable romantic black comedy. It doesn't feature your highly sought after black actresses or actors (read:Tyler Perry) but it's a good mix of well known and not so well known. Jason Weaver, the lead role, is endearing, sweet, and very real. Gabrielle Dennis plays a familiar stuck up role much like her character in The Game. Carl Anthony Payne is hilarious, and the relationship he has with Jason Weaver was genuine and a great example of how men are. I rewatched it with my boyfriend and he laughed out loud plenty of times and enjoyed it as well. Not the best cinematography, and it won't win an NAACP award but its a great date movie, and it opens up alot of interesting discussions about dating, men, and women.
on January 5, 2013
This movie probably didn't get a bunch of stars because it shows a man being faithful. This movie provides us with a look at a relationship when lack of trust gets in the way. We see in this movie a Kent (Jason Weaver) who is not surrounded by temptation but is sent temptation (Mandy played by Caryn Ward) . The movie did a good job of showing us that not all of us are the same. I like how the movie let Kent's friend (played by Carl Payne) be the friend who always keeps it real with his homeboy. The movie kept it real and showed that Kent came very close to loosing to temptation. Kent's girlfriend (Gabrielle Dennis) must work on getting her man back. The movie reminds us that we all make mistakes but without forgiving relationships don't work. You should buy this movie for your collection.
on March 30, 2012
This movie was really well done. The theme of the movie was a little unrealistic for me. Checking to see if your man is cheating is normal, but one of the main characters took it too far. This, and only this, was unrealistic. Everything else played out wonderfully. The acting was good. It was refreshing to see Jason Weaver in this type of role. Caryn Ward usually does well (HU!!!). Gabrielle Dennis was good, but all I could do was think about Janay and the insurance commercial. To me, the star of the show was Carl Anthony. You know- Cole from "Martin" or Cockroach from "Cosby Show." He was just so good in this movie!!! He was funny and very believable. I really hope he gets more roles that are well written. Though Carl Anthony (please don't be mad if I revert to Cockroack or Cole) is the eternal sidekick, this movie really displayed his acting chops, and I'm wondering what he would do as a lead.
on March 6, 2012
SOME THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO AND THIS WOMEN WENT TOO FAR TO SEE IF HER BOYFRIEND WOULD CHEAT AND IT COST HER DEARLY!!! GREAT LESSON WHEN YOU DON'T TRUST YOUR MAN AND YOU PUT ANOTHER WOMEN IN HIS FACE. YOU WILL ENJOY THIS DVD!!!
on January 3, 2012
This movie was a true test of LOVE! Just how far would you go, for the man you love and is he STRONG enough????? Must see for couples!
on June 26, 2016
This movie is an experiment in modern love. The inquiring mind of women versus the strong sex drive of men. Does a woman need to test her lover to prove his fidelity? Can a man escape the wiles of a woman for hire, seeking to prove his infidelity?The twists and turns in the movie were highly unexpected and yet predictable. I love how they portray the main character. He is the average dream guy. While most fairy tales create the leading man as a wealthy prince come to save his damsel, this romantic tale presents the blue-collar dream guy; faithful, romantic, sweet, human, and oh-so-real.This is a definite couples movie. It will incite great dialogue between you and your partner. It is also perfect for PMS blues... in other words, chick flick!There are several familiar faces in this movie. Jason Weaver, our leading man, does an excellent job. He is so natural in front of the camera as well as playing the good boyfriend. His portrayal was heartfelt and a breath of fresh air. I'm tired of male-bashing movies and am glad to see a movie about a good guy.
on April 26, 2012
Loved this movie! From the beginning you know that a woman hires an unknown woman to try to seduce her boyfriend. The surprise for me is that the girlfriend is competitive with the woman she hired! Good storyline and Carl Payne is hilarious.