He's an engaging speaker, too!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 31, 2005 12:15:19 AM PST
C. Goodrum says:
I saw Malcolm Gladwell at a book signing and he was quite an egaging speaker.

He told a couple of stories from the book and took questions from the audience. He's got a very laid back vibe.

He mentioned that he'd written much of the book sitting in coffee shops & such, which, after reading the book, doesn't surprise me much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2006 1:35:42 PM PST
I don't understand why everyone is raving about this book! Yes it is fine to make split second gut decisions BUTas MG points out in the book each example is due to the person's specialization in the field requiring nearly two decades! This book says you should thin -slice ONLY after years of analyzing the subject matter! Big Deal.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2006 3:24:43 AM PDT
sweng says:
Well, in software engineering it often happens that a design just "doesn't feel good" to experts. I saw many cases where this was judged insufficient to change the design: managers were requiring to "prove with data" that the design is not right, which of course was impossible.

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 9:00:31 AM PDT
E. A. Myers says:
like anything else in life, you take it for what it is. It's a book about our instincts and provides examples and a compelling case of trusting our instincts. And more importantly provides a platform of discussion - are our instincts more powerful and more successful in judging how a product will succeed, an idea will fail or should we rely more on numbers/statistics? An absolute must-read!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 31, 2005
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blink : The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
Blink : The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell (Paperback - August 7, 2001)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (1,865)