Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tag Heuer Men's Aquaracer Calibre 5 Stainless Steel Black Dial Watch #WAN2110.BA0822
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 18, 2013
I don't often write reviews, but I am doing this one because this watch is outstanding. The pictures don't do it justice. This watch is beautiful; the dial detail, markers, fit/finish, etc. If I hadn't seen this watch in person at the local jewelry store, I would not have purchased it online. I won't get into the specs (since they are available directly from the TH website), except to say that at 41mm the size is really nice. Not small, but more importantly, not gaudily large. Weight wise, it's somewhat heavier than I expected, but I'm basing that only on how it compares to my previous watch, a similar sized Swiss Army. Again, helpful to check it out in person and there won't be any surprises if you order it. If you are not familiar with automatic watches, you will do yourself a favor by learning about them before buying one. Generally speaking, they are not as accurate as quartz watches and occasionally require winding, small time adjustments, or other "horrors" that you won't have to bother with if you stick with a quartz.

As far as ordering online from Amazon (or any so called non-authorized dealer), the point is usually savings. You should not expect to acquire an identical product for substantially less money in a free market. In this case the product differential is that the watch does not come with the manufacturer's warranty. Look up the policy of the seller (in my case sold and shipped by Amazon) for what warranty is provided. I made the decision to essentially exchange TH's warranty for Amazon's warranty for what amounted to about $500, which is the additional amount I would have paid for the watch from my local authorized dealer.

Finally, all the talk about grey market, unauthorized dealers, etc. is mostly a very nice effort on the part of high end manufacturers to protect their product. Totally understandable. But you should know that any authentic watch made by Tag Heuer has come off the same line, gone through the same inspections, and bulk shipped through the same channels. The distribution is different. You don't get the warranty card. That's it. I promise, there aren't two factories--one for good distributors and one for naughty distributors :)
on January 3, 2012
I know a number of poeple who own TAG Heuer watches and each has been happy with their watch. I have ordered many products over the years on Amazon, so I purchased a TAG Heuer watch from Amazon and Jomashop without ever realizing what I was getting myself into. After only four months of ownership, the watch was inaccurate and stopped working if not worn for a few hours. I took the watch to an authorized TAG Heuer dealer, an old Jewelry store in my town. They said the watch should be accurate if worn a minimum of 10 hours a day and should only be off maybe a minute a month. They asked where I bought the watch and I told them Amazon and Jomashop. They looked at me as though I had committed a crime. They said, "Amazon is not an authorized TAG dealer" and you will have to pay for any repairs if we send it off to TAG. I told them I had a warranty and I did not think I would be responsible for any costs. After investigating, I learned the jewelry store was correct. I purchased the watch not knowing Amazon and Jomashop were unauthorized TAG Heuer dealers and that all I was left with was a "warranty" from Jomashop, a small operator from Brooklyn, NY. I called TAG Heuer and they said, neither Amazon nor Jomashop were authorized dealers and they have no idea where or how Amazon or Jomashop gets these watches to sell. They said if the watch does not have a model number and serial number on the back of the case, they will not work on the watch, mine however does. I asked how do I know the watch is not a fake or a reconditoned watch and they said you don't when you deal with an unauthorized dealer. Since finding this out, I have asked Jomashop and Amazon for a complete refund and both have adamantly refused and requested that I ship the watch to Jomashop for repair. Amazon and Jomashop knowingly sell these TAG Heuer watches as "new", whether or not they are new I do not know. But they are not authorized TAG Heuer dealers and they do not disclose the fact that they are unauthorized dealers and the watches are not covered by a factory warranty. Save yourself the trouble I have gone through. Buy a watch from a local Jewelry store that is an authorized TAG Heuer dealer.
1717 comments|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2015
Let me start this by saying I have owed and collected many automatic watches. I read every reveiw I could find. This includes the feedback as left by many here. I purchased this watch and will say for the difference of the $1000.00 as priced at the local watch shop, the cost of not getting the International Warranty. I am well pleased. Watch has been running superb, has not lost a sec., date changes at the correct moment. Spool the watch and she fires right up. Reserve power is just where it is supposed to be. I have laid it face up and face down. The results, no time change. I have read many many remarks about this movement. Ans lets not forget that evil stem. Hear is my advice. If you want to buy and save money, then by all means this is the place to do it. If not getting a International Warranty card, you do get a 2 year warranty from here, bothers you. Then pass it up. But for the rest looking to get away from over inflated pricing.........I recommend this watch. To me a lot of bang for the buck. Oh, please read and follow directions, you press the winding stem in and wind down until you feel it seat. Forcing this ham handed will and does result in damage. Hope this has helped, wear and enjoy.
review image
on January 14, 2011
This is my first premium or luxury watch. I have had Tissots in the past but this was my first entrance into a watch that retails close to 2 grand. I must say this is now a prize possession of mine. It looks great with a suit, which I wear at least 3 times a week for work, but it also looks incredible with a tee-shirt and jeans. I have gotten tons of compliments on it. It is not as flashy as some Tags which I like. It resembles a Rolex Oyster Perpetual pretty closely from a distance, and has been mistaken for such several times, yet its a fraction of the cost. I love this watch and cant say enough positive things about it. I have had the watch about 4 months and from what I can tell it loses maybe a minute per month.

I would highly recommend this watch, it is officially my "gateway drug" into the abyss that is watch collecting.
on May 14, 2013
I bought mine from Jomashop and after a year i cant screw it down so it is not water resistant anymore. After sending it to Jomashop and paid $40 for shipping they just sent it back w/o giving me an option to pay for repair. They said it is not covered under warranty. If you google this you will find that this is an issue on these watch and there is no warranty. DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. DO NOT BUY FROM JOMASHOP as well.
on July 24, 2012
Ok, so I read all of the reviews before I purchased this watch and many experienced the crown problem, which made me wary to purchase. However I did purchase the watch and have to say I really like the look of the watch, very nice feel and good automatic second hand movement. I do however not love the bracelet, the design of the tapered links is nice but it just kind of feels cheap when you unclasp it. Overall it is a nice entry level watch with a great classic divers watch look with some downsides but for the price (i paid $1,450 through Amazon) It is tough to beat.

My advice for the crown. Whenever you need to adjust the watch and you are done setting the time, turn the watch upside down and turn the crown counter clockwise (turning it upside helps me do this a lot easier) until you here a little click and then screw it the correct way, that way it will thread back together smoothly without any possible cross threading.
on March 10, 2013
This watch though very good looking is a complete pain in the but! It constantly looses time, is difficult to adjust the date, the crown has issues with stripping. I have had Tag Heuer's in the past but only Quartz. I have just ordered a Quartz model to replace this POS. Don't buy this watch! I paid over $1200.00 for a watch that can't keep time for more than 12 hours. Very disappointed.
on January 28, 2015
Great looking watch, keeps OK time for an automatic in this class, but unfortunately that's about it... After less than a year into owning this watch I observed that the crown took less and less thread to lock in, ending up after 10 months to not being able to do it at all, rendering the watch useless.
In my opinion this should never happen to a buyer that was willing to spend $1,500 + tax on a Swiss made automatic TAG. Tried to contact TAG Heuer USA at no avail, their US website only tells you where to ship your broken watch, at your expense of course. No person to email to, no recalls information, no data about known problems, nothing. Therefore I took advantage of Costco's unmatchable return policy (luckily I bought the watch through them, not Amazon) and returned the watch for a full cash refund. Let Tag Heuer handle their unfinished business.
on February 13, 2015
Seems many of the reviews on here are correct - the watch just doesn't keep time. The first day it was off by 15 seconds, which is ridiculous for a $1500 watch. I had the watch calibrated at an authorized TAG repair center (for free I might add) and they told me it was at +/- 1 second per day. Seems that's not the case either, as in the first 9 hours it was off 3 seconds. It's a beautiful watch, but not like my older Tag which keeps perfect time, and its 22 years old. I'd avoid these watches, even though the price is amazing.
on April 11, 2013
Back in December I decided it was time to buy myself a nice watch. After doing some research I landed on the Aquaracer. The one concern I had was in regards to the crown threading issues people commonly mentioned online. I went to my local Tourneau and spoke to one of the guys working the floor who insisted that the crown issues are self inflicted by people who aggressively try to set the watch. Delicacy is key. I decided to buy from Amazon (can't beat the discount compared to Tourneau) and have been incredibly happy with the purchase thus far. If you're thinking about buying but nervous about the crown, don't be.