Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hewlett Packard Officejet 4620 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 11, 2013
What a miserable piece of excrement this printer is.

First, everything requires too many button pushes on the postage-stamp sized LED screen. Want to copy a document? Three button pushes. (Copy? Black and white? OK? Really OK? Would you like to buy some more HP ink first? Really, we want you to buy more official ink. Do you have official HP paper loaded? Only HP paper is the best. No, seriously, if you want to copy we insist you push a few more buttons first.) You get the idea, and it's not pretty.

Second, try scanning. "Press Scan to continue. OK. Scan? No kidding? You really want to scan? We at HP think that's dangerous!! The software might not work. The wireless network is not working! Cannot connect to the mothership! Have you read our privacy policy? Here it is! Push the OK button 46 times to read it, and then we'll let you scan, if you're lucky! You're not lucky! Have we mentioned HP ink! Click OK to Continue! Click OK again. Warning do not shut off while running! Your cartridges are counterfeit! Buy only OFFICIAL HP Ink! I will now self destruct! Would you like to too? Why are you throwing me out the window??!! Please press the OK button 14 times first. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. Please make sure that I land on Official HP Ink or on a pile of HP Paper! Help me! Push the buttons again, please! In any random order!"

Third, the computer-to-printer interface is truly a marvel of bad software. I cringe at the beeps it makes! Once, it popped up about 50 windows on my machine, complaining about the same thing. "Warning, filling up your computer screen with dumb windows! Warning, filling up your computer screen with dumb windows." It always complains that I have counterfeit ink, though I bought HP ink from a reputable dealer. Maybe HP is itself a counterfeit shadow of itself.

Fourth, this thing sucks ink the way that Los Angeles sucks water from the Colorado river. "Warning: Cartridge running dry for the 40th time this week! Buy only QUALITY HP GENUINE INK. Your ink is counterfeit! We cannot print! Printer dropped connection! No wireless found! Please press more buttons! Call 1-800-HP-SUCKS, charges may apply! Warning: Printing not working! Press OK to continue and press OK to not continue. Press ON. Press Off. Nothing will work, you see."

If this is all HP can do, I have a good idea: short their stock with the money you save by not buying this garbage printer.

This is: Waiting for Godot to print, the first existential printer.

"Press OK to continue! Warning: button is counterfeit! Press again..."
1717 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2012
I recently upgraded to this HP OfficeJet 4620 from a Dell A960. I KNOW, HUGE upgrade.

It took me about 30 minutes to set up, that includes getting it out of the box, putting it together, running the alignment test, and installing the drivers.

Setting up the ePrint was a breeze! They make it so easy for you and I'm most excited about that particular feature. Going to be very convenient since I am always on the go and use my phone for EVERYTHING (don't we all?).

The complaint from the other reviewer that this printer is noisy I believe to be a fault in that particular printer... this printer is relatively quiet in my opinion but again I must mention that I previously owned an A960 so anything sounds like a whisper compared to that. I personally don't see why the noise output is a factor at all. Getting nit-picky if you ask me.

The faxing speed is lightning fast. Scanning couldn't be easier. It prints super fast, and the quality is top notch.

I'm personally very taken with how compact this printer is. It takes up very little desk space (about two stacks of paper in width).
This printer has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the cost of ink. Very efficient printing, small footprint.

All in all, this little 4 in 1 is quite the powerhouse. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a quality 4 in 1! I'd give it 10 stars if Amazon let me. :)
88 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2012
Setup was easy, But printing is impossible for the fact that the paper is jammed even before you put paper in the printer. I am an IT pro and quite capable in operating printers and computers but this thing is impossible. I tried multiple weight papers it would not feed most times then again once it fed like 29 sheets at one time. I do not recommend this scanner. 2 hours messing with it and have not been able to make one copy or send one fax. Sending the piece of @%#! back.
2121 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
Company purchased printer and what a piece of junk. I do light printing for work and have had this thing about 3 months. Right out of the box were paper jams. Whenever the paper supply stacks is about 50% its starts to jam. Then the black ink plugged up suddenly. Had to do a first level cleaning and then finally discovered there is a second level cleaning that fixed it. But only after I replaced the ink cartridge thinking that was the issue. Wasted 1/2 of a cartridge and one hour of my time. Now suddenly today in the middle of a print job it started not feeding the paper. It's not jamming, just the wheels are not grabbing the paper and pulling it into the printer. Have been working on this issue for over an hour. Oh and as for the fancy wireless features, those are constantly disconnecting and having to be reset which is a pain because my router is upstairs.
on May 2, 2012
I switched from a Brother MFC J415W because it wasted too much ink with its unnecessary ink cartridge cleaning cycles (which could not be turned off) and the print quality wasn't comparable to HP. Before that I had an HP Officejet 6500a Wireless which I considered a piece of trash because none of the drivers or software never worked properly and the machine froze up frequently. The HP Officejet 6500a was an upgrade from an HP Officejet 6310 which had wonderful print quality and never froze but had no wireless. This HP Officejet 4620 is comparable to the HP Officejet 6310 in most respects except that it is a bit more noisy (but not to the point of it being unbearable). This printer was really easy to set up and it has better execution of the Scan and Fax function (which can be set as the default faxing method) than the HP Officejet 6310, and it can be set up to turn on and off on a schedule in addition to its sleep mode. It doesn't get five stars because it's not perfect because of the noise but for faxing, scanning and occasional non-photo color printing, it seems pretty good so far. I don't think I'd recommended as a primary printer for someone who prints a lot because of the cost of ink cartridges but as a fax, scanner and occasional printer, it'll work.
on August 25, 2012
I got a call to install this printer for a customer. I removed the old printer, took this out of the box and hooked it up. I got the ink cartridges in and continued the new printer setup. It tried to print while aligning and got a paper jam every time. I was never able to complete the setup because of the paper jams. I spent 50 minutes on the phone with tech support before they told me to return it to the store.

I returned it and went with another brand printer.
on October 6, 2012
I am so disappointed with this item. I have always used HP and had been very please until this purchase. I bought the item and had to return it because I kept getting a message about a a paper jam that did not exist. After talking and trouble shooting with HP I was told that there must be a a problem. Not a problem stuff happens, I exchanged the printer for another and it gets paper jams every time that it prints. I will returning it for a refund, I'm afraid to try hp again.
on November 7, 2012
I usually don't bother doing reviews, but I just felt I needed to warn people... We just purchased this printer last week. One would hope that you would have a few good days of printing... but no! Almost immediately it wasn't connecting properly & had poor quality printing. We will be returning this and buying something better rated.
on August 2, 2012
This printer isn't perfect but its nowhere near as bad as some other review both here and on other sites have made it out to be. It took about 30 minutes to get it set up on the network, due in part to my slow optical drive taking awhile to install the software. As long as you follow the instructions in the book that comes with the printer and then on the computer when you install the software you should have no problems. I love the fact that it has E-print(email documents to your printer) so that if there is something I need to print when I am out I can email it to the printer and have it ready when I get home. It even sends me an email to the same address letting me know that the printing job has been completed. It also does have security features for the E-print so that it can be set up so that only certain email addresses can use it which is comforting. I know some people complained that the scanner was really loud but mine makes no noise whatsoever when it scans, I actually thought that it wasn't scanning at all until I looked at my computer screen and saw the image on the screen fully scanned.

On the downside it is a bit noisy when it prints and makes some weird noise when it stops printing as well. It also sometimes manages to push the paper in the tray back so the point that it thinks that it is out of paper so you have to push the paper in the tray forward in order to get it to print. The good qualities outweigh the bad and make it a pretty good printer, especially for the price range.
on September 18, 2012
I purchased this printer to replace a Brother 3 in one printer. I was hoping that the HP would be an improvement over Brother. After a few weeks of rare usage, my paper feeder stopped working. I called HP and 45 minutes on the phone making me clean the printer etc I was transferred to someone else who said they would send me a replacement. After installing the replacement (another hour at least on the phone) I then had problems having my warranty transferred to this new unit and had to make another phone call which is just a massive waste of my time.

Also I find this printer has a lag, when I press print there is a significant delay before it begins to print. Also as others have said it is quite loud when it prints.

Overall I would say I was happier with my Brother and if I had to do it again I would get another Brother and not HP. I see no advantage at HP.

Update- the replacement printer sent to me is now not feeding. I have read other reviews here and obviously there is a problem with the feeder. Now I have to call all over again. I have spent more time dealing with HP sevice than I have actually using this printer. It is very poorly made, do not get this printer!