The features and capabilities of various scanners are examined in language the layperson can understand. Even though the book mentions only HP hardware products by name, much of the advice presented applies just as well to other manufacturers' products.
A segment of the book tackles the question, "What do we do now?" It contains ideas for a series of scanner projects, including custom paperweights, mobiles, greeting cards, T-shirts, and tons more. These are real scissors-and-glue craft projects (with scanners and printers thrown into the mix) that would suit any adult-and-kid duo perfectly on the proverbial rainy day. --David Wall --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
- find the right scanner at the right price
- get set up in a snap
- produce high-quality scans
- work with image-editing software
- troubleshoot and fix scanner problems
- perk up presentations and other work projects
- create cards, decals, and party favors