5.0 out of 5 stars The Hexbug Nano Line Keeps Expanding
Published on March 9, 2011 by G. Sims

1.0 out of 5 stars never used
unfortunate I give the try to get it but never came in good conditions, so it is very hard for me to give an opinion, should be a section on the review that point I never used it, because I feel uncomfortable to give one star with out any experience, but at the same time if I do not mark the start it will me holding this section for ever and won't let me finish.
Published 9 months ago by Dario Lopez

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hexbug Nano Line Keeps Expanding, March 9, 2011
G. Sims "Husker" (Nebraska, Home of the Huskers) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
I am a teacher and in the summer I run a Science Camp for 5th and 6th graders. A couple of years ago, we bought some Hexbugs for the Camp so the kids could play around with them and make observations about how they work. One of the things they loved to do was to race the bugs. With this set, they are provided with a nice, customizable track to race on. Now on to the specifics:

*Here are the pieces you get with this set:
8 Straight Tracks
2 Stop/Go Signs
2 Hexbug Nanos
1 Sticker Sheet and
2 Magnetic Starter Tracks

*Based on prices of other Hexbug Nano sets, this seems like a good deal for all you get. The magnetic starter tracks are very cool. What you do is have your Hexbug turned on and have it enter the magnetic track. I magnet buried in the track will hold the bug in place until you push the black "Starter" button on the top of the track. When this is pushed, it releases the bugs for a race to the finish. It is a cool design because it allows both bugs to be released at the same time.

*The kit comes with a recommended way to set it up but it can be easily customized. Especially if you have extra pieces from previous kits. Having said that, it can be customized without having any other pieces.

*The kit said it came with two "special" Hexbugs that were designed specifically for use on this track. I thought that might have something to do with the magnets. I am going to test a couple of my regular Hexbugs on it later and see what, if any, differences there are.

*I have three sons I test all my Science Camp stuff out with and they absolutely love the set. They keep changing the track slightly to see what, if anything, will happen.

All in all, it is worth the money. I bought mine for $49.99 at my local Target.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hexbug Nanos are awesome, December 26, 2011
Shannon P (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
I admit I was a bit skeptical about this line of products. It didn't seem like they would be that interesting or hold my son's interest. Instead, we have both had hours of fun connecting and creating different configurations and playing the Hexbugs. Definitely a great idea for family time. The only downside I have seen so far is that the bugs tend to go through batteries fairly quickly. They are cheap enough to find though and easy to change. I just ordered more track pieces to add on to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Occupies Children, January 9, 2012
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
A very good toy for children old enough to know that these hexbugs need attention so that they do not disappear under furniture. This is really not a race track as the title implies rather a toy to study random motions and semi-intelligent choices of those tiny robotic bugs: where will they go given several opportunities. Great entertainment for adults as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars hex bugs, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
grandsons had great fun with this . i also bought another habitat and it all connects so the kids spent hours making diff. tracks for the hex bugs. only problem was two of the hexbugs ran out of batteries right away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
My son played with his track for several hours and loved it! Great family fun. Two cons about the track is that the pieces are somewhat difficutl to put together and take apart... I felt like I was going to brake the pieces and the hexbugs started loosing battery power after a couple of hours. I would recommend this product because most of the cons aren't deal breakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Loves This, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
I bought this for my son after he was absolutely entranced by his cousin's Hexbug Nano starter kit. I think my SO and I play with the set about as much as he does - coming up with new configurations and setups. If you have a few other kits as well, the sky is really the limit. Oddly enough, our 12 year old fat cat loves this thing. As soon as he hears the buzz of the bugs he'll run over. (If you have a cat, be careful, though. On occastion he takes off with a bug, so keep an eye out.)

The bugs themselves are ridiculously easy to lose (especially if you have hard wood floors). Keep a wire hanger handy for retreiving from under couches or appliances.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat product but cracks easily, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
Tracks crack easily. The pieces tend to stick together and require a bit of force to separate. Teach the kids how to manipulate it without breaking it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent new pieces, May 11, 2013
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
My 5-year-old nephew and I loved this racetrack set. He was able to put it together himself and enjoyed making his own arrangement.

Two great things about this set:
1) wonderful new pieces I have not found in any other set; and
2) some interactive parts that required pushing buttons or resetting flags, which raised the interest level of the play time.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for boys, December 25, 2011
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
My boys (3 and 5) received this toy from Grandma. Easy to set up.
Comes with two hex bugs. They can race. Works with magnets to help them
get to starting gate. I am sure they will have fun
designing new race tracks. Good price. Arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, January 13, 2012
westyj (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat (Toy)
My son is having so much fun w/ this. I love it too. Uses imagination to build & rebuild. I like that you can build it up if you don't have the room to spread it out. I like that you can keep adding more pieces to it.

Hexbug Nano Racetrack Habitat