5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure
A wonderful book to read to your children from. My daughters and I each will treasure the bedtime stories that I read to them from this book. Now that they are older they have requested their own copies, hopefully for their own children (I'm keeping my tattered copy for my nights with their children/my grandchildren).
Published on November 15, 2006 by G. J. Mermis

2.0 out of 5 stars Excerpts.
These "stories" are chapters taken from larger books. Ideally, reading an out-of-context chapter would be its own reward -- and that the experience would propel the reader to the original book. But we, hoping for the full, rich experience of a well-wrought short story, were disappointed.
Published 18 days ago by Dorothy Rosa

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure, November 15, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Read Aloud handbook review, January 11, 2009
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
This book is great! I have used it for several years now for my children. It helps me choose which books are appropriate for certain levels of reading and understanding and maturity. I am really happy that it also gives a list of related books. When we don't know what to read together next, we always go back to this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars My "I don't like to read son" did not want to stop reading., December 6, 2013
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
We just got this book today and my kids did not want me to stop reading. What more can I say! I am very happy with this book. Not only does it include stories, but has a section at the beginning to explain them. I am really looking forward to working my way through this book with my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Collection, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
I reccomend this book for parents, teachers, and grandparents. The interaction possible after a good story told to children by a caring adult makes the video games pale by comparison. Video games have no affect and they neither tuck you in or respond lovingly when a query is posed by the reader to the listener.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book; wish more pieces for girls, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
This is an awesome book of books. Even you are not interested in reading aloud, it serves as an excellent resource of kid's fun reading list. I only hope it had included more books for girls - the author has two sons, so it's very natural that his list is more boy-oriented.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excerpts., June 21, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to This, October 28, 2013
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
My wife's school students love to have stories read aloud - which leads to individual students reading aloud.
Great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for us, great for our little one!, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
What more is there to say? My husband and I love reading the stories, and our son loves to listen!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, September 5, 2011
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
This along with Why read A loud is a must have on everyone's book shelf.
Some books recommended were difficult to find in the library as they were old books but worth trying at your local library

5.0 out of 5 stars A great collection of stories!, May 28, 2000
This review is from: Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud (Paperback)
I found this book extremely enjoyable. The selections are very entertaining. Now, I just have to find the time to read the entire book of each selection.

Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud
Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud by Jim Trelease (Paperback - May 1, 1992)
$18.00 $14.41