Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 29, 2013
I don't regularly write bad reviews for products but this battery is just especially terrible. I understand you do get what you pay for, but this just brought bad to a whole new low. I was OK with the battery only lasting about 30 minutes on a full charge, but after a few weeks it bubbled up and expanded to a point where I couldn't use the button by my track pad. Definitely NOT hi-quality, and not worth wasting the twenty-something bucks.
on November 10, 2012
After reading the reviews, I decided to take a chance on this battery and for the price am satisfied. It holds about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of charge. That actually works for me. If I needed to work unplugged for longer periods of time, I'd buy a 2nd battery rather than pay the much higher price of a geniune Apple battery. My first repacement battery came from Apple, and it wore out after a little over a year. As long as I have a reasonably good battery, the much lower price is a fair trade off. It does pop right into your MacBook Pro without any trouble.
on April 17, 2013
The battery fits well and takes charges well. The only issue I see is that it does not seem to have the capaciity that I expect from these batteries.

My Mac is 6 or 7 years old so I have been through enough batteries to know that it is a little short.
on January 26, 2014
I have found that under normal circumstances it is better to buy the Apple version of whatever you need in regard to an Apple product. Want a Lighting cable for under $10? Well be prepared to find out why that cable is cheaper. Want a keyboard that looks like Apple's for but less money? Same deal.

In this case I'm attempting to salvage a older laptop and the $100+ price tag Apple has on it's battery is outside what I'm willing to put into it at this point.

Enter this replacement battery. Is it as good as Apple's? Likely not but if you do some quick reading you'll find there aren't too many fans of Apple's original battery anyway. So for $20-ish you get to actually unplug your vintage MBP and use it somewhere other than your desk or wherever you've had it plugged in permanently because your original (or 2nd or 3rd) battery gives you approximately 30 seconds of unplugged usage.

"How it work?"

You'll get about 3 hours of good usage. Web browsing, movie watching. Mavericks will tell you that your battery requires service but it doesn't. It's just not the original 9-cell battery your MBP is looking for. This is a 6-cell.

TO THE COMPLAINERS:

"It doesn't fit flush".
Mine did. Apple early 2008 15" MacBook Pro. And if it hadn't I wouldn't have cared.

"It doesn't match my MBP's aluminum finish perfectly".
Jeez sorry to hear that. You'd think a Chinese knock-off battery would be better ya know. No it does not match perfectly but it does a pretty good job. You'd have to be inspecting pretty hard to even notice.

So I'd say money well spent. I'm happy with the price and it's function. If you're worried about the possibility of it not being flush or it not matching better than I suggest a higher priced alternative such as the Anchor version. For the price I paid I'm happy it fit at all and didn't blow up.
on June 20, 2013
I was unlucky and received a bad one. This battery did not charge at all in my Macbook Pro 15" early 2006. It originally did signal that the battery was installed but after a few minutes I got the "X" battery state and of course after 20 hours no charge. I did reseat tthe battery as instructed in the packaging 3 times but no go. Sent back.
on March 8, 2014
Most of these Macbook Pros have issues with eating batteries - fairly well known. After the cost of the last Apple battery, decided to give an off-brand a try. This one lasted almost exactly 14 months. It should be acknowledged that the computer is used a few hours daily but left plugged in almost 24/7 which is incredibly hard on these batteries. Normal symptoms after a year - swelling/bulging, not holding a charge, yada yada yada. For well under $2 bucks a month, I'm buying another one and dropping the last one in the bin at a best buy for recycling.

Nice to have a cost effective option. I wouldn't expect 4 years life out of an eighty dollar apple brand so I'm just fine with this choice.
on February 26, 2014
It's really unfair that knock-off batteries get such a bad rap, but so far, this battery has worked very well. I will get a 3 to 4 hour charge on this one. It also matches the color of my Macbook Pro late 2008 very well. Other reviews have said that it does not work as well as the original, but it works well for what I need.
on January 2, 2014
Brand new (arrived 9 days ago) I'd read that you should cycle it after installation, which went fine. Nine days later (tonight), I decided to cycle it again while web-surfing. It died at around 31%, roughly about 105 mins later, which is consistent with what many others have said here, but I am still dissatisfied.

Frankly, I'd rather have a battery that I could count on. I didn't expect it to die at 31% and I had unsaved work that was lost. Moreover, I don't expect that this battery will outlast it's value. I'll test it once or twice more- if I have the same bad results, I will return and get the Anker.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2013
This is the second one I bought and it's terrible.

The first one I bought had a mAh capacity of roughly 4000 despite its advertised capacity of "~5600" I returned it and ordered another one.

The second one said its capacity is 5800 when I installed it (now says 5300 after just 6 weeks of use) , however my MacBook will mysteriously lose power at roughly 30%. When I connect power and turn it back on, battery % says zero. Shady, very shady. I'm pretty unhappy but not sure what recourse I have; I just want a battery that works as it should for the amount of time that it's supposed to.

****update****

The odd 30% problem persists with even less capacity. Whatever these batteries are is not worth the cheaper pricetag. I should've just ordered from Apple to avoid the headache.
on March 7, 2015
Bought this to replace my Mac factory battery. Expected it to hold a charge when the computer is unplugged, but it doesn't. It had a thirty minute lifespan when unplugged for about a month, but won't keep the computer on for much longer than that (even when not using it).