Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on May 2, 2010
I ordered these boots for my son (11), who is going on a backpacking trip with Boy Scouts in a month, because they are waterproof, look good, and are well priced. I was happy when they arrived because they looked well made and sturdy. However, when my son tried them on, his big toes touched the front of the shoe. I ordered them in his correct size, 4.5. About 2 weeks ago, I bought him 2 pairs of sneakers in that size: Nike and Tony Hawk. We measured his feet at the time. Both pairs still fit fine, with room to spare in the front. So I know 4.5 is his correct size. I returned these and ordered a 1/2 size larger (size 5). They are perfect! My son really likes them, too. He wore them to a week of Boy Scout overnight camp (that included hiking), a week of day camp (that included LONG hikes), and on a short Boy Scout backpacking trip. The insides got wet when he walked in the river, but he told me that the water sloshed over the tops, so I do not know if they are really waterproof. You might want to order up a 1/2 size in these boots, as they seem to run small.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2012
My wife and I had a hard time finding any stores that had little kids hiking shoes in stock so we resorted to amazon and based our decision on the reviews. These were purchased for our 6 year old little girl with a mother that is very picky on her appearance, to say it lightly... Anyway, these shoes are darling on her. We are just getting into hiking so we only went aprox 4 miles our first outing which was the day we received the shoes and the first time she had wore them at all. She said they were very comfortable, warm and never complained about them. The ground was wet rock, loose leaves, mountainous and muddy and a temp of 40 degrees. The shoes had great grip and the waterproof was tested with no issues.

We would absolutely recommend these for anyone.
on June 19, 2012
I used these boots to hike the Way of St. James (5 day hike, over 70 miles of rough terrain). I am a woman size 6 (generally corresponds to Big Kid size 4). I could definitely have used a size bigger.

I found these boots to be an EXCELLENT value for the prize. They felt ultralight, they are trully waterproof (I used them several consecutive days of nasty weather), they offer great support for your ankle, and the sole gives you very decent protection without making you feel like Big Foot.

On the not so hot side, the size running a tad smaller than usual, plus the rubber reinforcement of the toes making it a bit harder to break in that it normally would. NOW,after over 100 miles on them, they feel like a glove.

Overall, two thumbs up. Performance comparable to the higher end range of hiking boots (true and tested in harsh conditions), just account for tight sizing when you order yours.
on July 16, 2011
I will be honest and tell you this was not my first choice. I had wanted to buy the Merrell Moabs as those were the highly rated boots reviewed in Boys Life last year. However, my procrastination in purchasing them would not have delivered them in time for Boy Scout summer camp. So I ordered these instead because they had the prime shipping.

My son loved these boots. They were comfortable and kept his feet dry. He completed a five mile hike in them with no blisters and wore these boots everyday at camp instead of his tennis shoes. I was happy with the $45 price, which was about half the price of the Merrells. I would most certainly order this brand again.
on July 30, 2013
My 9yr old and I hike often. We typically go between 10-15 miles in 2 days. He wears these boots the entire time, and loving them. No blisters, they are tough enough to handle most anything the 9yr old throws at them. We aren't hiking river bottom type stuff. This is 3000ft hills with steep slopes, mud, and rock ledges. I'm seriously impressed by these, especially considering the cost. I wish he didn't outgrow them so quick. Highly recommended.
on November 18, 2010
I bought these boots for my daughter to wear while hiking and backpacking. The construction is very good and they have held up very well. They are not terribly heavy and my daughter does not complain about wearing them for long periods of time, now that they are broken in. Like all traditional hiking boots these need to be broken in as they are very stiff out of the box. I had my daughter wear them to school for several days and then over the weekend as well before we took them out real hiking. Now they are great.
on July 5, 2011
My son (10) used these boots for a boy scout week long camp, where they hiked, rock climbed, ran, etc. He did not have a chance to break it in before leaving so I was worried it would be stiff and he would blister. He came back from camp and had absolutely no issues and loved them. No blisters, very comfortable, and perfect grips.
on November 12, 2013
My little guy is just over two and a half and he has large feet. I bought 10M US Toddler as he wears 9-9.5US in Pediped. He wanted to be like daddy and wear work boots, and these look similar to the military boots my husband wears with his uniform every day. Since they arrived, I've not been able to get them off my son's feet. He won't wear any of his other shoes! As these have a rather stiff sole, I'd like for him to switch back and forth between his pedipeds and these... But perhaps in time the novelty will wear off. I bought them large because well, he's a growing boy and I know I can layer socks in these if needed. But I don't need to. The laces cinch the shoe on his foot well and he runs in them just fine. These are his first shoes with laces, so we're having to help him put them on and tuck the laces so he doesn't trip. He's been wearing them for about a week and shows no signs of rubbing or discomfort to his feet. When my son is happy, I'm happy and my son is very happy with these boots.
on December 19, 2012
Awesome hiking boot. My son wears these as his everyday shoe. They are light and trendy. They look great with a pair of blue jeans. And...........I like that it offers ankle support.
Highly Rec these shoes. Not sure they are true hiking boots... but I will tell you, this little guy that wears these is a mover and a shaker...... they get there fair share of wear and tear. They are holding up great........ no issues so far. Nice shoes and good price.
on June 19, 2014
Bought these for a family trip to the Smokies since I anticipated our son splashing through creeks and climbing on rocks on our day hikes. Wanted something w/ better tread than his tennis shoes, and also something waterproof. Was delighted (!!) to find this shoe on Amazon for a price I was willing to pay (it happened that the size I needed was around thirty five bucks... about half what I saw similar hiking boots running for elsewhere).

Tread is great - he seemed to have no trouble slipping, except on obviously slick, wet rocks, which is to be expected.

Waterproof - kept his feet dry, as long as he didn't walk in water that was deeper than his shoes, of course.

Fit - I had read in other reviews that the shoe runs small. His tennis shoes are a size 10 and still have a bit of room past the end of his big toes. I ordered these in a size 11 and they fit perfectly. I think he has a bit of room past the end of his big toes, but a little difficult to assess due to sturdy (thick, not easily flexible) construction of the toe of the boot.

Comfort - my child asked to wear these even while playing in the back yard. He seemed to enjoy them and was not in a hurry to take them off.

I would not hesitate to buy these again. Just know that they run small, so order a bigger size.