Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 20, 2014
The website stated that the shoes run small and suggested ordering 1/2 size larger. I wear a size 10 shoe. Unfortunately they do not have a 10.5 - only an 11. So I ordered an 11. They are very narrow, especially at the toe area. With wool socks, I still have some slipping on the back of the heel but I'm thinking this might relax more when the shoes aren't so stiff.

The shoe was a good price and they are sturdy/well made. They don't hurt, but they aren't the MOST comfortable. The shoe I really wanted is out of my price range so I'm good with these for now.
on August 23, 2014
I am pretty unhappy! I read that we need to order a half size up, and I did that. I had an old pair of Hi-Tec trail shoes and was happy to find them again, as these are wore out from many years of use. I ordered 6 1/2 (I usually wear a 6) as I did with these old shoes I have, and these new ones are like they are a 5 1/2 to 6, not 6 1/2 . Way too narrow. I measured against my old shoes: The new shoes are a full 1/4 inch narrower with a smaller, tighter toe box. Both pairs are marked exactly the same size. They are also shorter too! My Toe hits the tip. Also the shoe laces are very short. If you have to let the laces out a bit (which I know most would) you would not have enough to tie them properly and forget double knots.

I have returned them, think I will need to look for a new trail shoe, the Hi-Tec I know and love has changed. There are flaws in other areas too, like the heel has a seam along it were a design is, its stiff and pokes out into your heel, can see that would be painful after walking for awhile. I like the materials, and think they could have been good if not for the bad sizing, and overall super narrow.

I would pass on these shoes if you can't try them on in person. If you have super narrow feet and order a full size up you may be ok.
on January 17, 2014
I would recommend this hiking shoe to anyone looking for waterproof and sturdy material. I knew I would want to wear socks so I went a half size larger than usual and that was a good choice.
My only criticism would be that the toe box is slightly narrow which gives the shoe/boot a nice look but more squared would give a universally better fit.
on March 11, 2014
I have worn 2 pair of Hi-Tec mid height, and liked them, so I thought these would work well, too, but no. I even ordered a half size larger than usual and still way too small. Very narrow in the top box.
on July 8, 2014
Used these for my first Yosemite hike (Half Dome). You need to break them in, but they were the best for the hike. Down the waterfall Misti Trail was tough and a little wet but the traction was just right. No blisters :D. Word of advise...clip your toe nails as short as possible, i lost a few since the pressure downhill was tough.
on January 20, 2014
They seemed to be what I wanted,but ran very small!!!!!!! Maybe better luck next time. I was just looking for a good pair of waterproof hiking shoes.
on March 17, 2014
Disappointed, returned product, fit was too small, ordered size I always wear. Loved the shoe, just wished it would have fit.
on January 15, 2014
Seems to run a full size too small. Sending back.Otherwise seems like a good shoe I could not fit my size 7.5 foot into an 8.
on September 17, 2014
I normally wear a size 7 in a Hi -Tec shoe, but after reading the reviews about it running small, I ordered a size 8. I have a narrow foot (2A) and the size 8 fits me perfectly. I also like that I can wear an orthotic in this shoe. This shoe will do nicely for all people with narrow feet, and if they order 1 size bigger than usual. It seems well constructed, and if it is as water proof as my other Hi-Tec boots, I will wear these for a long time.
on February 12, 2015
Only problem with buying shoes over the net--cannot try them on before purchasing. They were too small and I returned them.