5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Charger
Published on May 24, 2012 by Vincenzo

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad unit from factory
Charger makes grinding sound for about ten seconds when starting charge before fan kicks in. I called manufacturer and they said it was a bad fan. They would repair unit if I paid shipping to them since it was under warranty.
Amazon vendor will process a refund if I pay return shipping.
It is a shame I have to pay $10 shipping for an item that was not factory...
Published 11 months ago by Clemson 747

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Charger, May 24, 2012
This review is from: HiTec 44165 X1 AC Plus Single Port 6 Amp AC/DC Charger (NiCd/NiMH/LiPo) (Toy)
I did not buy this charger from Amazon. However, it is a very simple to use charger. Mine came with a balance board and everything I needed except for the Traxxas connector. I like how it has large easy to use buttons and how well made it is. Each time you press a button the charger beeps and you get a nice solid click which makes you know if you pressed a particular button or not. The charger is not too loud while charging either, which is kind of nice. There are only 4 buttons on this charger, so you don't have to be a rocket scientist in order to know how everything works. Even though this charger isn't the thinest and best looking charger, it is the easiest to use and the screen is super bright. You can even use this charger outside without worrying about the colors washing out on the screen. This charger is a great value and I would definitely buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good charger, April 22, 2013
The only somewhat negative aspect of this charger is the manual is written in a strange way, poorly translated from Chinese perhaps. However, Traxxas also rebrands this charger under the name "EZ-Peak Plus" and you can find its manual in the product page here: [...] The Traxxas version of the manual is much easier to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars HiTec X1 AC Plus charger work great, April 23, 2014
This is a great multipurpose 6A charger for intermediate capacity hobby batteries up to 24 volts. It can be powered from 100 – 240V AC or 12V DC. I got mine from a local hobby shop for $60. It includes wall power cord, 12V alligator clips, balance circuit, two output cable assemblies and the manual.

Searching through many hobby and on-line shopping forums reveals little criticism and much praise for this charger. About the only negative comments I saw concern the manual, which I can understand.

It has profiles for NiCad, NiMh, Pb (lead-acid) and all three Lithium, cell types: LiPo (3.7V), Li-Ion(3.8V) and Li-Fe (3.3V). Naturally, it has charge and discharge cell balancing capacity and includes a balancing plug adapter for up to 6S cells. It will auto-stop for many selectable conditions including temperature ($10 sensor probe not included).

The Lithium profiles allow setting charge and discharge current or can be set to auto detect. There are profiles for normal non-balance, normal balance, fast balance and storage balance charging.

You can charge, discharge and cycle NiCad and NiMh cells up to five times while controlling charge and discharge current and minimum voltage or have it use auto-detect. I have successfully revived 8 old NiMh packs that were unused for over two years and would not take a charge with a conventional NiMh charger. This alone paid for the X1.

I primarily use this to charge (and storage charge) 1S LiPo micro heli batteries, 2S high capacity LiPo race-boat packs and 3S and 4S LiPo heli packs. My little 1S packs us a 6-cell parallel adapter. All others charge one-at-a-time with the balance port. For the high capacity 70C race packs, I can run the charge current up to get reasonably quick charge times. The others use a long-life 1C rate. It will charge as fast as you want (up to 6.0 amps if you want to torture your cells).

The charger stays cool and the fan is quiet enough to use next to me while watching TV, or taking a nap. The fan does make a funny noise when a charge cycle is started. I believe it is used to draw current while the charger does the “battery state check” for the first 10 seconds of an automated program. There is no bulky AC wall adaptor.

The manual is not the best, but I have certainly read worse. It has the information needed to use all the features. Hint: look up the on-line Traxxas Pro Pulse charger manual in .DPF format. It is the same charger ($10 more) but without the temperature probe port. It is not a good manual either. But between the two, you can learn more/faster than with the stock book.

If you need to charge four high capacity 6S packs within 20 minutes, you will want a high-end charger and power supply for five times the money. If you are like most of us and want to keep your hobby batteries in great shape, the HiTec X1 is a terrific value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast charger with plenty of options, August 9, 2012
Product is exactly what we need to charge LiPo batteries for our Traxxas Slash RC (you will need to purchase the Traxxas connector separately). We've even used it to recondition other batteries. Easy to read display, even out at the outdoor track. The directions are so straight forward that my 15 and 10 year old sons have easily mastered working it just by reading the manual. It's quiet enough to use in the house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad unit from factory, January 26, 2014
Amazon vendor will process a refund if I pay return shipping.
It is a shame I have to pay $10 shipping for an item that was not factory inspected, but that is policy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly versatile and useful!!, November 13, 2013
This charger has become a frequently used device in my house. In addition to using it to charge and cycle my R/C batteries, I have actually been using this to revive, charge, and cycle old cordless drill batteries! I won't go into detail about that, but if you have even some basic knowledge of electricity/electronics, you can charge batteries for many different applications, not just R/C batteries. Best of all, this charger is automatic, so no time monitoring (don't leave it unattended, nonetheless). I agree with many other reviewers who claim that the manual is poorly written, but I was able to figure the charger out in a reasonable amount of time. I highly recommend this unit if you have multiple batteries and/or you aren't fond of constantly charging them with A/C adapters and having to babysit them. If you have multiple batteries of different types/plug styles, you'll likely need some plug adapters as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Charger, June 6, 2013
I purchased this charger because my current charger finally quit working. This HiTec charger had everything I needed and it was relatively inexpensive. I had several NiMH batteries that needed recharging after the winter lay over and this charger did a fantastic job! The only issue I had was with the owner manual, it wasn't real understandable so according to an earlier review the gentleman suggested that you go to the Traxxas web site and look up the manual for the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus (model 2933) which is basically the same charger and print out the instructions that you need. I did this and it made setting up the HiTec charger so much easier. I would recommend this charger to anyone looking for a inexpensive multi purpose unit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
Item works perfectly

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as the Traxxas just branded differently, April 28, 2014
Jay Awesome (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This is the same as the Traxxas model. Look at the case molding. Only difference is price really and connectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 20, 2014
Perfect, great product for less than other identical charger.
Had for 1 month now , charging 5 batteries once a week, flawless, easy to use