Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on March 10, 2014
Fit my GP100 perfectly and much easier to see than stock front sight. Changed them out in less than 5 minutes. Like the tube that comes with it to hold the extra sights and the key for changing sight colors. Have fired about 70 rounds through, including some full power .357 rounds and sight has kept in place. Like others have said the sight picture is a "setting sun" type picture to keep top of front aligned with top of rear sight, but once you get used to that it is dead on.
on March 7, 2011
I ordered this sight to replace the stock sight on my Ruger GP100. After ordering and installing a fiber-optic sight from another company for my Ruger 10/22 that proved to be sub-par at best, my expectations were low. However, after replacing the GP100 stock sight with the HiViz sight, I was so impressed with the visibility, directions, and accessories, that I am ordering another sight set from this company for my Ruger 10/22!

The sight came with good instructions for replacing the stock sight with the new one, as well as for switching out the light-pipes. It also came with 5 spare light pipes of various colors all of which I found to be very bright (except for the white-dot one, which is not fiber-optic). The difference in visibility between the HiViz sight and the stock sight was quite literally "night-and-day. The visibility difference was amazing. I then switched the light pipe from the stock red one to one of the green ones, and was impressed by the ease of the procedure, and by the brightness of it as well. I also really liked the rotary case that was provided to store the extra light-pipes in, and the chain that they provided to tether the light-pipe replacement key to it...all for the same price as the crappy 10/22 sights I got from the other company that came with no accessories what-so-ever. I would definitely recommend this sight to anyone who wants to give their Ruger GP100 an extra edge.
(P.S.: This is the first positive review I've written about a product in the past ~7 years that I have been shopping on Amazon...it's that good.)
on March 24, 2011
Picked this up from Amazon with Super-Saver shipping for $28.00 to my door. Hard to beat! In low light conditions it does a good job and makes target acquisition really quick. On the GP100 it is a 20 second job pushing in on the spring loaded catch and removing the front sight. The fiber optic pipes can be changed from red, green, yellow or white. I like the green best so far and love the sight. Take it off for cleaning and re-install after! Beats the crap out of the expensive Mepro or Trijicon sights.
on June 1, 2014
My shooting definitely improved with this little upgrade. I used the green sight dot instead of the red one (you have your choice) and it made siting in much more clear. Definitely worth upgrading your GP100 front sight with. I thought it would be made of plastic, but it is made of metal and easy to install on a Ruger GP100. I recommend this to anyone wanting a cheap sight upgrade.
on January 19, 2013
I found that I had developed a profound preference for bright green front fiber optics sights after purchasing some of my other Rugers with them already on. Case in particular was a Ruger MK III Hunter w/ a 6.875" barrel that came with these in interchangeable colors, red & green. The red was nice, but I found the bright green better for me. My GP-100 4.2 " just had regular sights & I knew this would be a great improvement. The HiViz sight fit perfect, took less than 30 seconds to change, & came with red, green & opaque (white) light tubes. This gives you several options & the tubes change easily & quickly, plus you have spares if you somehow damage what you are using. You get 3 red, 3 green & 1 opaque in a small storage container with a changing tool I think this should be a standard setup most firearms & I am also using them on some of my long guns.
on October 27, 2009
Excellent product. Little overpriced, but easy to install and makes front sight aquisition very natural. My "mid-life" eyes really like it!
on March 29, 2014
This sight installed with the greatest of ease and dramatically improved my sight picture. The included interchangeable fiber optic tubes make this sight extremely versatile. I highly recommend this product! Youtube videos are available to assist in the installation process if needed.
on June 11, 2012
The black ramp Ruger puts on their GP100 provides zero contrast against the black rear sight & is just plain horrid when trying to aim at dark targets.

I use the green fiber optic on an indoor range and it really catches my eye. Shows up well against targets whether they're light or dark in color. I've tried the red but don't find it bright enough. Though it might work better in the bright sun outdoors -- haven't tried that yet. In any case, you can easily swap for which ever color Lite Pipe you prefer.

With a handgun you're supposed to focus on the front sight, and a sight that stands out like a beacon allows you to do so.

If you're going to use iron sights this is an excellent choice.
on December 23, 2013
Arrived on time and in great shape. Comes as a kit with several other colors of sight tubes and a tool to changed out the tubes.. Sight post is very easy to swap out. YouTube has videos to show you how. This front sight post is a BIG BIG IMPROVEMENT over RUGER's original GP 100 (plain) front sight post. I'd highly recommend this item to others !
on December 9, 2010
This sight was great. It took about 60 seconds to install. The only tool I used was the catch on my belt buckle to depress the plunger. Once it was it stalled it was a world of difference. I took it deer hunting this year and most of the days were raining or overcast, the thing looked like it was plugged into a wall.