4.0 out of 5 stars bright sight, poor instructions
I love my Ruger GP100 revolver, but the stock front sight is terrible. It is a uniform dark color that is hard to see except in bright light. I purchased the Hi Viz fiber optic front sight to replace it.

Instructions for installing the sight are printed on the cardboard back of the package it comes in. Installation is very easy: use a punch to press in on...
Published on September 26, 2009 by Terry R. Nye

2.0 out of 5 stars Will not fit my GP100
I purchased this sight to upgrade my GP100's sights. My GP has the adjustable rear sight and the easily removed front sight. I was able to remove the stock front sight, but this new sight from HiViz would not fit. It was close, but ever so slightly too long. I ended up taking the sight and the gun to a gunsmith so that the sight can be machined down enough in length to...
Published 20 months ago by Kman314

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for GP100, March 10, 2014
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
Fit my GP100 perfectly and much easier to see than stock front sight. Changed them out in less than 5 minutes. Like the tube that comes with it to hold the extra sights and the key for changing sight colors. Have fired about 70 rounds through, including some full power .357 rounds and sight has kept in place. Like others have said the sight picture is a "setting sun" type picture to keep top of front aligned with top of rear sight, but once you get used to that it is dead on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 5, 2011
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
This is a great product. Installation is very simple and very quick. The sight pipes are very bright and work very well with the white outline rear sight ... much, much better than the white on white of the original factory sights. I like the red sight best for bright lighting conditions and the green for low light. Changing the pipes is very easy. Would definitely recommend this product for anyone with tired old eyes like mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as Advertised, October 19, 2010
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
Arrived in just a couple of days with free shipping. Installed easily and fit perfectly!
Great addition to a good gun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasantly-Surprised., March 7, 2011
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
I ordered this sight to replace the stock sight on my Ruger GP100. After ordering and installing a fiber-optic sight from another company for my Ruger 10/22 that proved to be sub-par at best, my expectations were low. However, after replacing the GP100 stock sight with the HiViz sight, I was so impressed with the visibility, directions, and accessories, that I am ordering another sight set from this company for my Ruger 10/22!

The sight came with good instructions for replacing the stock sight with the new one, as well as for switching out the light-pipes. It also came with 5 spare light pipes of various colors all of which I found to be very bright (except for the white-dot one, which is not fiber-optic). The difference in visibility between the HiViz sight and the stock sight was quite literally "night-and-day. The visibility difference was amazing. I then switched the light pipe from the stock red one to one of the green ones, and was impressed by the ease of the procedure, and by the brightness of it as well. I also really liked the rotary case that was provided to store the extra light-pipes in, and the chain that they provided to tether the light-pipe replacement key to it...all for the same price as the crappy 10/22 sights I got from the other company that came with no accessories what-so-ever. I would definitely recommend this sight to anyone who wants to give their Ruger GP100 an extra edge.
(P.S.: This is the first positive review I've written about a product in the past ~7 years that I have been shopping on Amazon...it's that good.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Easy, April 18, 2010
Tony (Waterbury, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
I have a GP1000 and it was a snap to install and made a huge difference over my stock site.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great visibility, February 3, 2012
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
I love my Ruger GP100, but shooting in an indoor range against a black backdrop was tough with the factory front blade sight. This HiViz sight was a snap to install, and it has hugely improved the sight picture on my revolver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sight, February 1, 2012
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
This item works very well for what it is. Its not a $100 tritium night sight, all it does is capture ambient light and reflect it to make your front sight easier to acquire. You still won't see it in complete darkness, but compared to the stock black sight blade that rulers ship with, this is 1000 times better. I like it enough that I ordered another for my 2nd GP100.
This item also comes with a little carrying case for storing the spare rods (yellow, white, green, red, etc) and a small tool for changing the rods (no directions but its pretty apparent how it works if you look at the sight). Just slide the tool between the sight body and the rod and use one of the spare rods to push the rod out of the sight housing. To instal the new rod just slide it in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 14, 2011
Jung Choi (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
I would give it a 9 out of 10. Very easy install and great product. I would think it would be a much better product with grow in the dark optics. Also, do not drop your gun. The first thing that would break is the sights!

5.0 out of 5 stars HIVIZ Front Sight, March 26, 2011
Bubbles (Smithfield, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
A Huge upgrade for a gp100 revolvers' original black front sight. Comes with multiple light pipes in fluorescent colors and a small tool to change them out so be careful not to throw out the extra little pieces in the package. Even comes with a rotary storage unit for the pipes. Easy to install, a sturdy unit and makes picking up your target much quicker especially in low light conditions or against a dark background. A must have for gp100 owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fast acquistion/low light sight!, March 24, 2011
This review is from: HiViz Ruger GP100 Handgun Sight (Sports)
Picked this up from Amazon with Super-Saver shipping for $28.00 to my door. Hard to beat! In low light conditions it does a good job and makes target acquisition really quick. On the GP100 it is a 20 second job pushing in on the spring loaded catch and removing the front sight. The fiber optic pipes can be changed from red, green, yellow or white. I like the green best so far and love the sight. Take it off for cleaning and re-install after! Beats the crap out of the expensive Mepro or Trijicon sights.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›