Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 4 oz|Change

on July 12, 2015
 Please watch the video, now its my very 1st one so please hang on in there lol. However, Hicks Edges is a great product and trust me, I have use all the edge control products out there. I am in love with this one by far. Hicks Edges do not cake up of flake. Hicks Edges gives you a more natural look while relieving you of kinky dry edges. Its like you got aka "good hair" then that slick waxy, shiny greasy look of other edge controls. Now one thing about me! I am going to always keep it 100% and tell you like it is... I hold not punches... If you respect those type of reviews... Watch this and many more video's to come.

Keeping it Raw.Angel7
on March 7, 2013
I LOVE this product!!!!! I have not had a perm in soo long, I put some of this on my edges and my kitchen and it looked liked I had a perm. I didn't have to put a scarf on to lay it down or NOTHING!! Definitely worth the money. And you don't need much so it will last for awhile :)
I will also say that I was a little skeptical at first because I thought it was a gel type substance, but I was proved wrong. Lol
on August 18, 2015
This product does not hold as well as I expected it to hold...after hearing rave reviews, I am a little disappointed. The price point is the first thing and the fact that as soon as I went outside in the heat my edges curled right back up. It DOES leave a white residue(see photo). Even though it doesn't hold as well it does soften your edges so I guess that is reason enough to continue to use it. I do not think I will be repurchasing it however
review image
on September 24, 2012
This product is everything the good reviews say it is. I went to 6 different stores looking for this product and it was sold out everywhere! I finally got sick of going to multiple stores and just ordered it off amazon. I have been natural since 2001 and have tried many, many, many products. I sometimes think I have a problem with buying so many hair products because I have and can be ridiculous. However, I heard about this product from watching countless YouTube videos and everyone said they loved it. I decided to give it a try. If you put it on you edges in the morning and leave your hair alone, it slicks them down for the entire day (my days are usually around 12-14 hours)!It doesn't curl your edges, it lays them down nice and flat and works great for wash n gos, ponytails, straight styles...whatever you want that you would like for your edges to be nicely laid. I would consider my hair to be in the 4a range and it makes it look super fine, but I think it works for any hair type that wants to tame those edges for an extended period of time without using harsh gels. I definitely recommend and will continue to purchase this product!
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
It really hold my edges down, you don't need a lot. I will order more and tell my friends about this good product.
on September 27, 2011
My hairstylist used this after I got a sew-in on my edges. I quickly purchased a container for my own use. I use it in the morning as I am getting ready but before I leave the house, my edges have lifted. Granted they are not "nappy" but they do not remain smooth. I would not recommend spending $17 on this product.
55 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
This product doesn't work at all...I applied it to my edges and 3 minutes later they sticking back up...Plus if a white residue.
on October 15, 2015
Holds well and for a while . Expensive but worth it . One of my favorites . Brush through well so it won't turn white . A little goes a long way
review image
on January 25, 2012
I was in the hair care store and I saw it on the shelf. When I saw the eye popping price I put it back on the shelf. But since I'm a sucker for trying new things I went back to it. I also asked the young lady that worked there if she heard any bad complaints about it and she said no not at all. She even added that she had never use it but it flies off of the shelf and everyone is buying it. So I said well I will try it and see how it works for me.

At this moment I have relaxed medium length hair and in need of a touch up. I applied it only to one side at first to be on the safe side. And boy was I was shocked at the results! My edges became really straight and smooth. And the best part of all is it's not greasy or oily or stiff, but soft to the touch. The trick that I always use when it comes to my edges no matter what I've used in the present and the past is to put the product on and use a flat cut tooth brush to smooth the edges evenly. Just make sure the tooth brush doesn't have ridges like the kind that is used for reaching the back of your gums. The final test was to see if my husband could tell the difference. I put the Hicks in on one side only and pulled my hair back in a pony tail and asked him look at my hair and tell me what you notice. At first he said you have a pony tail now, but hey you know how men are. Then he said oh one side looks straighter than the other. So far I had Hicks in for 3 days and so far so good. I apply everyday all around my edges in the morning and it last all day. Remember that the instructions does say make sure you apply it to clean hair ladies. But I love this product and will purchase it again.
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2014
I really like this product, it does what it says it will, I will buy it again, it holds down my edges all day, of course it is cold now as far as the weather where I live, I have to see how it works in the summer weather, but so far I love it. Great product, hope they don't change the ingredients in it, as we all know, when something is good and working well, they always want to make it better or so they think, I hope that doesn't happen.