5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden
Published on February 28, 2011 by Marlene Hendricks

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story
I like the story overall. The profanity why I give it three stars. It would be a five stars book if it was not for the bad language.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden, February 28, 2011
Cathy Glass is my new favorite writer. I discovered her by chance while browsing books by another author. This is my third book I've read by her, and have ordered two more! All of her books relate to her personal experience as a foster parent in England. I enjoy the mystery surrounding the children until the full details unfold. I laugh, I cry, I get angry, and I can't put the book down until it's finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, February 13, 2012
Not only is this woman a remarkable writer, but she is a remarkable woman! Anyone reading this book should come away a better parent. The book is hard to put down. She has a way of turning tragic situations into triumphs. A must read in my book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare Yourself for Hours of Reading!, June 17, 2011
This book has led to me purchasing all of Cathy Glass's books. I have to say, though, prepare yourself to be engrossed in the book until the end. I usually read a chapter or two of a book before closing my eyes to sleep at night. However, I could not put this book down!! I was constantly wanting to figure out what was going on with the child and his family- and hoping for the best for all. This book was so intriguing that it led to me reading the next of her books I could get ahold of and I had that book finished in a few days... If only I could devote a whole day to a book, this would be one to read.
I recommend this book and other Cathy Glass books to anyone, but especially those considering becoming a foster parent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intresting read., August 10, 2011
Cathy glass books are sometimes hard to read. She writes about the foster children she takes in and the awful things that happens to them. In this one there is a little boy who has been treated badly by his mother, stolen from his loving father and grandmother, made to feel less than nothing because he is dark skinned by his mother. His mother is violent and dreadful. But this book has a happy ending!
All in all Cathy Glass is a great writer who is trying to open the eyes of the world on child abuse and foster children. She is amazing for her part!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, July 10, 2012
"Cathy Glass" never fails to amaze me with her writing style, and how she can integrate the stories of children she has been a foster parent to while integreting the lives of her own family.

Hidden is about a child she received with no history who was polite, intellegent, and had a severe problem with his dark skin.

This boy had a dream that he would one day be united with his father, who no one could find, and frankly wondered it he was an imaginary father.

This story takes the reader into the world of a child living with a drug addicted mother, shedding light on what the "underworld" in England is for many children.

As with all of her books, I could not put it down, and read long into the night.
This young boy had a happy ending, something that not all of her children have had. It is well worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden, April 11, 2011
This is my favourite memoir of Cathy Glass' fostering experiences. There is a happy ending, almost unbelievable. Tayo was living with his incompetent and violent mother when he eventually was discovered and taken into care. What his past revealed was shocking yet Tayo's demeanor and manners belied this life. Tayo went through some emotional times at Cathy's home but he was a joy in the end, and the family was sorry, but so happy for him , when he left. The details in the book were very intriguing. I love Cathy's style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tragedy rectified, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Hidden: Betrayed, Exploited and Forgotten. How One Boy Overcame the Odds. (Kindle Edition)
Great book kept me turning pages. Great to know a child's spirits could hold on allowing him to see light at the end of the tunnel and still be sweet and polite while waiting for his happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, September 6, 2012
crowmama "Lynda" (Cottonwood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I loved this book, can not say one thing against it except it was too short. I have a new favorite author Cathy Glass's books are all a delight. Sad, but her insight and the way she connects with these children is remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love all of Cathy Glass' works, December 5, 2014
K12 ELA (LaGrangeville, New York, US) - See all my reviews
I love all of Cathy Glass' works. She writes from the heart and gives the reader a look into the hidden world of foster caring.
Although written from a British English perspective, most of the British expressions and vocabulary can be figured out from the content around it.
I'm still not sure what a jumper is. I wore jumpers as a child, a kind of dress worn over a shirt.
However, totally different meaning here. My nephew is researching it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have all taken me on a journey - I enjoy reading the follow up's on Cathy's web site, December 21, 2014
I have read 14 Cathy Glass books & they have all taken me on a journey - I enjoy reading the follow up's on Cathy's web site. I am sure most foster carers are in it with the best of intentions however Cathy you are special! The way you care for these children & your own Cathy is a credit to you. I trust you will take some `Cathy time' when adult company comes along. The world is a better place for your being. Please keep writing the books.