5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Life Is Much Improved!
Updated Review
I was contacted by Scott @ Liba to let me know the spy pen's battery life had been improved. I received a new pen shortly and ran some tests on it. I can verify that this is true. If you're looking for a spy pen that will give you an hour plus of video then this is the pen for you.
Below are the tests I performed over a few days. As you can see, I...
Published 8 months ago by NE-Phil

2.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Spy Pen HD Camera Review
I cannot find a good quality Hidden Spy Pen HD Camera. All are cheaply manufactured and quarky to operate. This is the third one that I have purchased from three vendors and all are going in the trash. I am still looking for a quality instrument.
Published 9 months ago by Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Life Is Much Improved!, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Hidden Spy Pen HD Camera & 720p Video Camera Recorder DVR - Record in 1280x720 HD Video Resolution - Free 8GB SD Card Included (Electronics)
Updated Review
Below are the tests I performed over a few days. As you can see, I was able to get 68 - 71 minutes of continuous video & audio recording. For that reason, I have upgraded my rating from a 2 stars to 5 stars.
You can buy this pen with confidence.

Test 1

Using 16GB Class HD I MicroSD chip
3 videos
Total Time: 68 minutes 33 seconds
-----------------------------------------

Original Review
This was my 2nd Liba Pen Cam and both were returned for a refund simply because the battery life was very poor. At the most, even after 9 hours of charging, I would get about 40 minutes of video before it would run out of charge.

I was assured by Liba that I should have received two hours of battery life but the second pen also showed that was not the case. Per Liba, they have had quality control issues and assured me they will fix the problem and promised to let me know when they will have pen cams that hold more of a charge.
When that happens, I will be happy to buy another, test it out and update this review accordingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Records in HD!, March 18, 2014
Received the spy pen and have been playing with it. The videos record in much higher quality and resolution than the other spy pens I've used in the past. I liked how I was able to connect the pen to my computer with the USB cable to view my videos and pictures. I also liked the silver color vs gold color pens but that's a personal preference.

Pros:
- Very high quality video resolution, it records in 720p HD.
- 8GB SD Card included
- USB cable included for easy and quick connection to computer to view videos and pictures

Cons:
- Pen wasn't writing, not sure if it was just mine but wasn't my main purpose for buying it.
- Slightly bulky, I prefer smaller pens
- Took a couple tries to get video to record.

Overall, I love this pen for the amazing video quality. Others I've bought claim HD quality but later found out the video to be very grainy.

5.0 out of 5 stars just perfect, March 31, 2014
got here with in a week, love the styles pen. the camera is hd as f*** better than what i have expected, i would recommend this to any one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me catch her in the act., October 17, 2014
So, I had suspicions that my wife was cheating on me. I purchased this pen to set in a stand and leave in our bedroom so I could observe what happened when I wasn't around. The product worked exactly as promised. I caught every detail of her infidelity and heard it as well. The HD camera let me identify the person with her in the video. Now, I'm getting a divorce and am glad I bought this pen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spy Pen with Great Video and Image Quality, October 14, 2014
I have just received my spy pen in the mail. Upon opening the box, everything you need is presented nicely. It comes with the pen, the connecting cable, and a micro SD card. The directions in the box explains everything you need to know about operating the pen, which is very easy to use and understand. The videos record in much higher quality than I expected. I don't have any personal use with any products that would compete with a product like this but I am happy with the picture and video quality. They also give you some minor customization with the color way of your pen.

Pros:
- Superb video quality. I am quite impressed with the 720p video resolution.
- It comes pre-packaged with an 8GB micro SD card.
- The USB connector makes for quick and easy uploading of your pictures and videos.

Cons:
- My only gripe is that it is not actually a pen that writes, I would have given it a 5 star rating if I was able to use it as an actual pen.

Overall, I love this pen for the amazing video quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for non-spies too!, May 30, 2014
I am not a spy. I swear. If I were, I wouldn't be able to tell you as that wouldn't be very spy-like. If I were a spy, and I were able to tell you that I was a spy, is that this is a very cool piece of hardware. The camera options are great and the picture quality is good. Very useful when rifling through your marks documents and files and you need to snap some photos to examine later. Of course when you walk back out to the gala even they are hosting at your mark's palacial estate, you will just seem like a dude carrying a pen. Oh, and when they ask you to sign the guest list or a card honoring the host, you will pull this fully functioning pen out and sign your name because it write well and using it as a pen will throw anyone off your scent if they were getting ready to make you as a spy carrying a camera pen. Spy like me (or am I?) or not this is a very cool and fun item to have and I fully recommend it! This message will self destruct in 5...4...3...2...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, June 11, 2014
I got this as a gift for my kid who is really into spy movies. He really likes James Bond and his favorite part is when Q gives Mr Bond the latest gadget that can be used in the field to communicate, record, explode, wound, escape, etc. I got this and gave it to him and I felt like Q doing it. The instructions manual is very good as it explains how to do all of the different functions from record to snapping a picture. Has its own charging and data cord and you can use the pen itself as a microSD adapter plugging it directly into your computer via the data cord. I kind of want one for myself now:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and interesting little device., October 7, 2014
Alfred Matthew (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Decent device. I couldn't get it to work as a webcam, but don't need it for this purpose anyway. I was impressed with the quality of the video for such a small device, although the audio seems jump a bit at times. Still, it is negligible and everything else is working ok. Fun toy to play around with :)

5.0 out of 5 stars More than Just a Spy Pen, November 29, 2014
This pen is all types of awesome. The camera quality really surprised me. I feel like a big kid all of a sudden with this cool pen. My friends are all asking where to get their hands on one. And the fact that it's also writes amazingly is just icing on the cake n

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, July 15, 2014
Melster "melntess" (Orange County, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Works as intended. Video quality was much better than I had a right to expect. My only problem is that the device does not get detected by Windows 8.1. You need a Windows 7 machine or older, or you can just get an SD adapter.