Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on March 18, 2014
Received the spy pen and have been playing with it. The videos record in much higher quality and resolution than the other spy pens I've used in the past. I liked how I was able to connect the pen to my computer with the USB cable to view my videos and pictures. I also liked the silver color vs gold color pens but that's a personal preference.

Pros:
- Very high quality video resolution, it records in 720p HD.
- 8GB SD Card included
- USB cable included for easy and quick connection to computer to view videos and pictures

Cons:
- Pen wasn't writing, not sure if it was just mine but wasn't my main purpose for buying it.
- Slightly bulky, I prefer smaller pens
- Took a couple tries to get video to record.

Overall, I love this pen for the amazing video quality. Others I've bought claim HD quality but later found out the video to be very grainy.
on April 9, 2014
Updated Review
I was contacted by Scott @ Liba to let me know the spy pen's battery life had been improved. I received a new pen shortly and ran some tests on it. I can verify that this is true. If you're looking for a spy pen that will give you an hour plus of video then this is the pen for you.
Below are the tests I performed over a few days. As you can see, I was able to get 68 - 71 minutes of continuous video & audio recording. For that reason, I have upgraded my rating from a 2 stars to 5 stars.
You can buy this pen with confidence.

Test 1

Using 16GB Class HD I MicroSD chip
3 videos
Total Time: 68 minutes 33 seconds
-----------------------------------------

Original Review
This was my 2nd Liba Pen Cam and both were returned for a refund simply because the battery life was very poor. At the most, even after 9 hours of charging, I would get about 40 minutes of video before it would run out of charge.

I was assured by Liba that I should have received two hours of battery life but the second pen also showed that was not the case. Per Liba, they have had quality control issues and assured me they will fix the problem and promised to let me know when they will have pen cams that hold more of a charge.
When that happens, I will be happy to buy another, test it out and update this review accordingly.
on November 2, 2015
I really am enjoying my Hidden Spy Pen HD Camera & 720p Video Camera Recorder DVD- Record in 1280x720 HD Video Resolutions- Free 8GB SD Card Included.

Pros:
• Travel friendly
• Easy to store
• Easy to carry
• Easy to use
• 8GB SD Card included
• Easy to read instructions
• Simple click of a button on/off

Cons:
• Product does get warm during charging process so be carful.
• My fingers got burned when I initially inserted the charging cable and touched the 8GB SD Card be carful!!
• Pen thieves, such as my self, may walk away with it if not careful.

My children did not realize I was recording them. I did not realize I was recording myself. Lol.

Overall I am very pleased with my camera spy pen.

I was chosen to review this product at a discounted price in exchange for my honest an unbiased opinion.
on October 17, 2014
So, I had suspicions that my wife was cheating on me. I purchased this pen to set in a stand and leave in our bedroom so I could observe what happened when I wasn't around. The product worked exactly as promised. I caught every detail of her infidelity and heard it as well. The HD camera let me identify the person with her in the video. Now, I'm getting a divorce and am glad I bought this pen.
66 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2015
I am super impressed with the quality of the picture on this Hidden Spy Pen HD Camera from Spy Pen. I know it records in 1280x720 video resolution but I didn't expect it to be as crisp and clear as it is. I have had a ball playing with it and recording things and taking pictures. You can even use it as a webcam! It is pretty much plug and play, or for me it was. I have attached a video which will show you how to use then pen and how to retrieve the files from your computer.

I just realized I didn't mention how to change the time. It is really simple. Once you plug the pen in you should get a pop up that your computer recognizes the device. Click on it, it should bring you to 3 files; photo, video, and time. Time is a word document. When you open it just update it to the correct time. It is in military time so if it is after 12pm you will add 12 to the hour (ex. if it is 5:08pm you would put 17:08, 1:56pm = 13:56). Once you are done click X. When you click X you will get a pop up that asks if you want to save the changes, click yes. Now when you take pictures or video the time stamp will be correct.

If you go back to the device this is where you will find the Picture and Video files. If you click on them you will see the pics/videos you have been recording. This package COMES WITH a free 8 gb sd card. Which is fantastic because that can hold a lot of media. I was very happy with the sound quality as well as the picture. I originally got this as a joke but this pen certainly isn't a joke. It is a high tech piece of equipment. I cant say much about the battery yet as I just received it and have not had a problem. If I even do I will certainly update it here. Overall I am thrilled I got this. You never know when you might need it.

I did want to mention that this was my second spy pen. The first one I received was defective. When I plugged it into my pc there were a lot of random files showing. The seller was contacted and the next day I received an email from Amazon stating that a new Spy Pen had been shipped. There were no questions asked. I am very impressed. Thank you for having such wonderful customer support! There is a 100% NO Questions, NO Hassle Money Back/Replacement Guarantee for 90 Days!

I am going to include a couple images of what the files should like like when you plug the pen in. The first image is what all 3 files look like. You would click photo to see the photos that were taken and ofcourse click video for the videos. To change the time click the time file the second image is what the time was pre-set to when it arrived, and the last image is what I went in and changed the time and date to so that it reads correct. I also included a couple random photos. I hope this review is helpful to you.

*I received this item for a discount in exchange for my honest unbiased review. Everything I have stated is solely my opinion and personal experience with this item. Thank you!
on November 19, 2015
I feel like a secret agent. A recording ninja. An undercover Thrifty Native. A nerd with a special pen in my pocket protector. This is a product that everyone needs. Seriously, why WOULDN'T you want a Spy Pen?!

The pen is the size of a thick, high quality, business pen and looks exactly like a regular writing utensil. There's nothing that could tip someone off that this is anything other than what it's supposed to be. It's super simple to use, both to record video and take pictures, as well as viewing your secret files. There's one button on top, the only button you need to use. Depending on the amount of times you press it or the amount of time holding it down, you'll either take an HD video or a high quality picture.

This product comes with a free 8GB microSD card that will record quite a few hours of video or hundreds of pictures. You'll need to purchase an adapter to view your files on a computer, or you can insert it into your mobile (if your phone has that option) and view your files that way. The videos are definitely HD quality and do not skip or lag upon viewing. Sounds can be heard very well and from a greater distance than I thought it could pick up. Pictures are high quality and can pick up some movement as well. You want your subject to be somewhat still, however, as this pen cannot take quality action pictures. Images are crisp and bright in most instances.

If you want a fun high tech toy, this is a great option. If you need this to record events for your own files, it's great. If you need this for legal purposes, make sure you check your local laws. There are many reasons to own a spy pen. There are no legit reasons to NOT own a spy pen.

I received this product at a discount, in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. My opinions are influenced only by my personal experiences while using this product.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 20, 2015
 I am loving this spy pen HD Camera!This is the coolest little gadget you can have.I was pretty excited to receive this pen for review purposes.After testing it out I have to say we love it!My Husband & family now want to get one of their own.

Pros:
-The design of the pen is nice and durable does not feel cheap to me at all and the ball point pen feature really writes well.I had no problems getting ink out of this pen.To retrieve the pen out you just twist to reveal pen then twist to close.
-The video quality for being a pen camera is awesome in my opinion.It captures video in 1280x720 resolution and in color.
-Camera quality is good for being a small camera.720p
-You can use this as a webcam!I was surprised that this was another feature of this pen but I never used it because I had my own web camera on my mac.
-Compatible with PC & Mac - This was a plus because I had a nanny cam that was not compatible to do the inital setup on Mac Systems only on Windows.So I was pretty happy that this works on both Mac & PC.
-You get a bonus 8GB SD Card with this purchase.Glad I did not have to spend more money on getting another micro sd card for this pen it was a great bonus to have that included.
-You get about a full 1 or so on this pen when it is fully charged.
-12month warranty.
-Captures great audio.
-Easy setup and easy retrieval of files.
-Great spy camera with audio recording!This was a lot of fun and wish I got this sooner I can think of a couple instances where I needed this.
Some of the cons:
-Sometimes it is difficult to know if you are capturing the right picture since there is no way in telling if you got the pic you wanted.I was able to the pics I wanted some did not come out right.(head cut off etc.)If you know where your camera is and angle it in the right way you should be fine,but most of my pics came out great the rest were due to bad lighting or shaking of the hand kind of thing.

SOME TIPS:
-This takes better video & pictures in good lighting.Low light it does okay but pictures can come out dark sometimes.Just make sure you have efficient lighting & try not to camera shake.
-When using camera and video mode keep the pen clip facing your target.
-Charge your pen for a full 3 hours when you first get it and before operating it.
-DO NOT USE THIS AS A STORAGE DEVICE.I would suggest removing them once you are done using it so you won't risk losing the files somehow.
-Properly unplug your device from usb before taking connection off of the computer/laptop.
-The green light stays on for standby mode if you want to conceal it you can cover it with electrical black tape if you are really worried about the light issue.In my opinion I don't think anyone will know unless you are staring at the pen itself.But who really stares at a pen?

HOW TO USE:
TO POWER ON: Hold down operational button for a few seconds until you see the green light come on immediately release finger from operational button.Your spy pen camera will now be in STANDBY MODE.You will know this because the green light will be on,you should see a steady green light.
TO USE CAMERA (from standby mode): Press operational button once.You will see green light blink slow once,imitating a shutter lens on a camera opening and closing.
TO USE VIDEO/AUDIO RECORDING (from standby mode): Press and hold button until green light flashes lift finger off immediately from operational button.You are now in recording video mode/audio recording.You should know because green light is slowing flashing that means video/audio rec. is on.TO STOP VIDEO/AUDIO RECORDING simply press the operational button once.Green light should flash rapidly and go back into STANDBY MODE.(steady green light)

Overall we are loving it!Great for my Husband to take to work he works as an inspector and this will be handy.Sometimes he cannot use his phone all the time to take pictures or audio so this is perfect.Easy to access,use,video/camera quality is great for the size,& no one will know you have a camera on this pen.
on March 31, 2014
got here with in a week, love the styles pen. the camera is hd as f*** better than what i have expected, i would recommend this to any one.
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 20, 2015
I decided to try this Hidden Spy Pen Camera to see how well these items worked. Received it in 2 days time and well packaged. I set the date and time which was so easy and started recording. It has a light that stays on so you know your recording. Decided to walk around the house and record the family throughout the day. We also have had crazy icy weather the last week so what better to do than tape your family in the snow and ice outside. I found out this is a really cool gadget and could be used in different situations if need be. When we were done playing with it I hooked it straight up to my computer with the USB cord and there it was. Easy as that! Also we got the FREE 8gb SD card with it. Gonna love keeping this around and playing with it, taping people. Pen is alittle bulky and I usually don't use this big pen but I didn't really buy it for that. I received this at a discount to provide my honest review.
on October 18, 2015
The camara was DOA, the red light flashes, but the light never stays solid after 10 hours of charging, i tried reset the pen but that didn't work either.

After looking at youtube i decided to dissemble the pen and reset the camera from the inside. once i pop the covers open (which was very difficult to do) it becomes quite clear why i was unable to reset the pen: the reset button is a poor quality button attached to the circuit board with nothing but two long pieces of wire. the fact that the button is not attached to anything solid means the reset button was nowhere near the reset hole.

After pressing the reset button with my hand.. well things STILL didn't work. Now i'm left with 30 dollar pen with a minimal amount of ink.

Purchasers beware, if you read through the reviews you'll notice that a lot of them come with the disclaimer that the reviewer had received the product at a discounted price in exchange for providing a review.
11 comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse