5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Great Game from Big Fish Games
I just downloaded and played the game. Your goal is to find a professor lost in the Amazon rainforest. When you start the game the screen auto-rotates. It is possible to flip the screen 180 degrees by pressing Menu and selecting Flip Screen.

Published on July 12, 2011 by Mehmet Gok

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Big Hit from Big Fish games...
Published on August 4, 2011 by Kate Lynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Great Game from Big Fish Games, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)

The most common puzzle requires you to find a series of objects hidden in a scene. On the bottom of the screen, you will see the list of objects.

Use the 5-way controller to scroll the cursor around the first scene. You can hold the 5-way controller down to for faster cursor movement. For larger steps, hold down the Next Page (>) button as you use 5-way controller.

Press the center of the 5-way controller to collect an item on the list at the bottom of the screen. If you get stuck you can use a hint by pressing the Prev Page (<) button or pressing "H" on the keyboard. If you use all your hints, you can earn additional hint by finding the beetles in a scene.

I found the graphics quite good for Kindle. You can zoom in by pressing Menu and selecting Zoom In.

After finding 12 objects hidden within proffessor's office you unlock the first level. There are 24 chapters and 3 puzzles like "Monkey Temple Puzzle"

You can create up to 3 profiles so your family and friends can also enjoy this game on separate accounts.

A great game from Big Fish Games.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Hidden Object puzzle, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
In the first puzzle, you'll need to find 12 objects hidden within the office of your lost uncle. For example, one of the objects is a knife, somewhere within the picture. You must use the 5-way to click on the knife. Once you've found all 12 objects, you open up the next puzzle, which is a landing field for an airplane.

The 5-way is a slightly clunky interface, but it works okay. The grayscale is of sufficient quality to solve the puzzles on the Kindle 3. Also, there is a hint system, which I used to find the knife.

EDIT - I've since finished the game. I had an earlier version which may have had flaws, but I had issues with the Monkey Weight puzzle. I had to cycle the Kindle a few times to get past it, and use "Solve Puzzle". Otherwise, everything worked well, and I got to the end. I only discovered "Turn on Grid" late in the game.

I liked the story, and the puzzles. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, great for all ages., July 26, 2011
zvi boymelgreen (brooklyn, new york United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
Both my teenage daughter and I got hooked on this game immediately. As the previous reviewer said, it is an object-finding game. The visuals are pleasing and clear, and sweetly illustrated. The retro look of the game was fun for my daughter, too. Once we got the hang of maneuvering the cursor, it was very satisfying to find the objects and watch them dissappear. The narrative of finding the professor is exciting, and kept us motivated to finish each section. I would definitely recommend this game and will get it for my son, too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Big Hit from Big Fish games..., August 4, 2011
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
I am a Big Fish games fan and actually have this game for computer. I understand the difficulty of scaling down a computer game to a Kindle version for the small screen. This version suffers the difficulty of navigating the screen and having to enlarge each section to find some items. I ended up using my magnifying glass to save time. The items are hard to find in the color version and are even harded on the Kindle gray scale. I knew how the mini puzzles worked as I had played the computer version, but would not have faired so well if that were not the case. Big Fish games like this one and its hit Ravehearst have many clever mini games that would be a better fit for a Kindle game than the hidden object type. Maybe if the new Kindle they are rumoring about is color this game would be a better fit for Kindle gamers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Monkey Trouble, July 28, 2011
CyberCyndi (Altamonte Spgs, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
I bought this today and completed it in 3 hr 26 min ..... 2nd time was 1 hr 36 min, now that I know what I'm doing :) ...... except maybe for the 2-line Monkey Temple puzzle and the entrance puzzle. The instructions for the last one were impossible to understand. Plus, I had to use a magnifying glass to see (easier than zooming in & out). You can play it over & over with different objects to find in each 'chapter', but I would like to hear from someone who understands the 'inner & outer' circles entrance puzzle.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dream is complete, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
Ok, I love my kindle. Use it everyday. Well I also really enjoy hidden item games. So when I saw this, I knew I had to have it. I was so not disapointed! The graphics are great and it's very entertaining. The only little problem I have is that I have large fingers so evertime I go to use the five way i hit the back buttion. lol
I really recommend trying this game out. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
Others have given a good break down of the game so I'll omit that here. While the Kindle isn't known as a game platform, I did enjoy this game. I'm ferrying 3 kids around this summer and the game is a nice escape. The eInk screen enables me to sit in the sun (or shade!) with or without sunglasses and still be able to see the game. The actual images remind me (fondly!) of Highlights magazine's 'hidden pictures' feature. The game also allows more than one player, each with an individual, saved game. Another plus is thegame and the story are appropriate for the younger crowd--my 9 year old plays the game and I'm not worried about anything racy, inappropriate or gross to appear. Fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
Just an FYI, I am not a big game player. However, I saw Amazon promoting this game so I decided to give it a try. This is a puzzle game where you have to find different objects in scenes. $4.99 is not cheap, then again, this game will likely take me a couple of hours to finish...and a book which takes me the same amount of time to read through costs usually around $9.99.

So far, the game is fun. It is black and white; not color. I don't think Kindle has color yet. Also, the controls take time to get used to, since Kindle was not created to be a gaming console like a tablet or ipad. My suggestion to anyone looking to buy this game is to read the Instructions in the game Menu. (it's pretty easy to read on the kindle!) When the game opens, click menu, then click instructions. There is a alot of valuable information there, including stuff about hints, levels, profiles etc.

Also, if you want the cursor to move faster:
1) the longer you hold down the 5-way controller, the faster it will move
2) hold either the next page button or the shift button, the same time you are pressing the controller
3) (i haven't figured this one out yet) the screen is divided into the 3 grids and you can use keyboard shortcuts to get there

If you have a Kindle and you want a nice relaxing break from reading, this is a good application.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Kindle Application, July 29, 2011
Kalavinka "Kalavinka" (Columbus, OHIO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
If you compare this game to the version of Hidden Expedition that was released for the PC/MAC a few years back, than of course it is not really going to stack up and you will be dissappointed. At best, this is Hidden Expedition Amazon Light- most of the puzzles and graphics have been omitted. The Kindle may not be the best format for hidden object adventures- memory and disc size are both limited, the display can not support color or sophisticated graphics and the five way controller is somewhat awkward.

Given these limitations, I was surprised at how good this game was. If you compare this particular App to other apps available for the Kindle, than it is heads and tails about the rest. The hidden object scenes are clear, despite being in black and white, and you do get to enjoy the story line of the original. Basically, I have been playing this at the bus stop for the past couple of days and have even missed a bus because I was not paying attention!

I do hope that BF translates more of their games into Kindle applications (and that other HO game producers follow suit). I enjoy being able to play on the go-- with the understanding that the original game can not be fully recreated for the kindle format.

I would agree with those who think that $4.99 may be a bit pricy for this product. Most comparable applications are $2.99. Also, the full version of this game can be purchased for $6.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, August 7, 2011
Melissa A. Young (Tenino, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Expedition: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy playing this game! Time flies by when playing it, so it is perfect for those times when you are waiting for someone or need to distract yourself for a short while. It is easy enough to be fun and challenging enough to stay interesting. I like the subtle use of humor and word play that is sprinkled throughout the game.

I appreciate not being penalized for making wrong clicks and the availability of hints for when you get stuck. Also, it is great that when you turn the game back on, it remembers your place for you. I look forward to future games of this type.

Hidden Expedition: Amazon