5.0 out of 5 stars hidden
Yay book 10! House of Night is one of the best series ever. Ok so the beginning of the book is pretty sad. Zoey and her group are at her grandma's farm to do a ritual. While there Neferet is planning her next dark thing. Neferet sacrifices Dragon's cat in order to carry out a deed to stop Zoey from doing the ritual. What's also sad is that Anastasia's (Dragons wife)cat...
Published 12 months ago by Serenity

3.0 out of 5 stars TOO short
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars TOO short, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Hidden (House of Night Novels) (Hardcover)
Alright I love this series but at some point you have to ask your self "how much longer can they drag this on?" I love the story line I just think that they need to speed it up, I mean you finally get to major plot points and the book ends. NO NO I really belive that they need to wrap it up because it is become a waste of my money to keep buy these book either that or make them longer so I can't read them in a day.

1.0 out of 5 stars The story (unfortunately) continues, October 28, 2012
**Spoilers**

When is this series going to be over? Once again the Casts have dragged out the story without anything really happening. I've heard that the series is supposed to be 12 books (15 if you count the 3 filler books), but this is the 10th book, and it took all this time just for the High Council to finally figure out that Neferet is evil. Are they really going to wrap things up in two more books? You know what happened in this book? Grandma gets kidnapped and rescued, Erin goes over to the dark side. Everything else was the same old, same old. How many times can we read Aurox thinking about how he's good? Or Kalona thinking about how he loves Nyx? Or Zoey thinking about how she has to grow up and be a High Priestess? We've heard all this before. I am really over Aphrodite's constant bitchiness, after 10 books you would think she would have grown by now, instead of becoming a drunk who still can't get along with anyone. I also think the constant use of the word "retard" and all the other forms of the word she used is inappropriate and shows a real lack of writing ability by the Casts. There are many other words they could have used that aren't as nasty.

I see that the next book isn't coming out until Fall 2013. I'm guessing that the book after that (hopefully the final book) won't be out until 2014. That means we have to wait for two years to see the end of a story that should have been done a while ago. They have managed to turn a three or four book story into a lifetime commitment. Neferet should have died and stayed dead at the end of this story. It would have only taken a few more chapters to wrap everything up, but instead, we will have to wait at least two more years. Talk about ripping off your audience.

ADDED 2/17/13
I just found out that there is an epilogue to this book that is not included in the hardcover or e-book. US people who buy Neferet's Curse will be able to get it (with proof of purchase), & it was accidentally added to the audio book so some people have already heard it. My BIG problem with this is that it's part of Hidden, I already bought Hidden, I shouldn't have to buy the final chapter of a book separately. This is just another example of the Casts ripping off their readers. Do they plan on doing this with the final two books also? They should be ashamed, I'm taking away a star for this.

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened?,,,, October 20, 2012
Ducky "ducky" (Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden (House of Night Novels) (Hardcover)
Let me start by saying I have been a huge fan of this series from the beginning. I have loved spending time with Zoey and the nerd herd through the first nine books. The stories have been exciting and entertaining and I couldn't wait for each book to be released.

However...after reading and listening to Hidden, book ten, I am having a few issues with story content. First, why is the epilogue missing from the hardcover print edition? I would have never even known it was missing had I not listened to the audio book as I read alone as I like to do. I don't know if it is missing from the Kindle edition, but having bought the hardcover, I feel kind of cheated since the hardcover is in my keeper library.

My second issue is that this book was rated for young adults 12 & up. I'm sorry, but the cursing and use of the F word is not for 12-15 or even 16 year olds, in my opinion. Yes they most likely hear it in school etc. but having in a book labeled appropriate for this age group...?

Next, and I haven't liked this in any of the books is using the word retard and really Aphroditie's attitude. She is coming off to me as a crude, rude, cursing bully who is drinking heavily now and talks of taking Xanex. I don't know if the writers are planning an intervention, but I think she needs it. She is supposed to be following the path of a loving goddess and she just isn't very loving. Aphroditie can still be snarky without being a bully.

Will I be continuing with the series? Yes, because I want to see where the writers take it
from here, but I am an adult and will put a story down if I feel the need to. I don't like giving a negative review to any author as I know they put so much into their work and when it is an author I really like, as is the case here, I feel horrible. However, having to watch carefully how money is spent these days, I feel I need to give the most honest review that I can.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blech, November 5, 2012
These books are getting shorter and stupider... I think I'm done. This just felt rushed and too short. All the action of the past few books could have fit in one.

3.0 out of 5 stars None, October 19, 2012
It was not that interesting. The story seemed to drag on for to long. What I mean is that there were no jaw dropping events, it didn't really hook me and make me keep reading. It was to similar to the other books and I could easily predict what was going to happen next. It could have been a lot better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another book to nowhere, November 6, 2012
I'm not sure why I continue to follow this series. Every time that a new book comes out I swear to myself that I'm not going to read yet another plot line that literally goes nowhere. I guess I keep waiting and hoping for something to happen but yet again I was disappointed but not really surprised. I just don't understand why it takes over a year to write a book with literally no content. What upsets me the most is that I thought this series had potential. The authors either have no new ideas or their milking the series for all that its worth. I really hope that I can stick to my convictions this time and never read another book from this series again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did it really come to this?, November 6, 2012
Ok so this is going to be blunt and to the point.

Character development is terrible. Plot seems to overlap from her previous intstallment and she wastes too much time there developing her plot for the next book in the series. The character dialogues that she can come with has gotten incredibly annoying which is tragic considering it was never like this in the past. These books are great for passing the time while waiting for your favorite authors to release their newest project. I have come to despise wasting my time and money on this series and have officially given up. If you find this worth your time and patience I commend you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had Enough, November 13, 2012
Gwendolyn (Bellevue, Nebraska, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden (House of Night Novels) (Hardcover)
I was so excited to have a new supernatural series when I read the first book, Marked. I really loved the different take on vampires, how they were marked, how they changed and developed, and their practices and beliefs. These were books that my daughter and I had fun reading and talking about together. But around book 6, it lost some of the spark of what drew me to these characters and their story. It lost the credibility it started out with, and became harder to get through. The one thing I hate most about these books now is that it is told from way too many points of view. I felt closer to the characters when it was just told from Zoey's perspective. The latest book, Hidden, has been the last straw. I've lost count of how many people are telling this story, and I no longer care what happens. I will keep the first 6 books, but I'm getting rid of the rest, and I'm done buying anymore that come out after Hidden. I had actually considered getting the book coming out in Feb., Neferet's Curse, because I had wondered what could actually twist her that badly. But I think I'll forgo that book too. With the way this series has been screwed up, I'm sure the authors will not do any better on Neferet's novella. I'm done.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONE, November 8, 2012
this book is only 320 pages and it feels like 1000 I love this series but I wont be wasting any more time or money on it..I cant even finish the book. I am so totally bored to death with it...I get that POV is really becoming a trend but wht is up with everyone and their mothers POV in this book? It doesnt help move the story on at all just drags out the already nothing happening bordem...I hate saying this but I just need to be truthful in this review.

1.0 out of 5 stars blah, December 5, 2012
Just end the series already. At this point I really don't care, and I wont continue reading this! It just seems the characters get more immature as the story goes on! Good concept poor execution

Hidden (House of Night Novels)
Hidden (House of Night Novels) by P. C. Cast (Hardcover - October 16, 2012)
$18.99 $15.05