Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on July 8, 2011
I play a LOT of these "hidden item" games, because I don't have the attention span for anything more involved than that. This one has some really great features, and some things that are a little weird.

First of all, even though this looks like a kids' game, it's definitely not targeted at small children. For one, there's a whole subplot involving the heroine trying to bone her scuba-diving instructor, or something like that. There's also an entire level where the "hidden objects" consist of bras and thongs. I am not making this up. The humor is a bit more grownup than other games, like, say, Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir or Mystery P.I. Portrait of a Thief, two of my other favorite puzzle-y games.

As other folks have noted, there are some rather amusing language differences, too. (examples: football instead of soccer ball; catapult instead of slingshot; torch instead of flashlight.) Also, on a not at all relevant but creepy note, the default username it inserts when you start a new game is the same as my first name. This is slightly less creepy than Trace Memory, where you scan your "fingerprint" to reveal a character that has the same birthday and ethnic makeup as me, but it's still a little weird. :P

The graphics are a bit of a downer, just because they're even more pixelated than you'd think, which can make finding certain small objects surprisingly difficult. I also find the game is a little picky about tapping on hidden objects--you have to hit them in exactly the right way or it doesn't register. I also wish the hints were better-planned. There are two types of hints: one that tells you specifically where an object is, and another that pauses the countdown clock so you have more time to look for stuff. The problem is, if you're playing in "relaxed" mode, where you have basically forever to look, the pause-type hints are pretty much useless. I kinda wish the game would give you hints depending on the mode you're in.

But, there are a LOT of pluses to this game. For one, the gameplay is ridiculously long. For another, the variety of puzzles is AWESOME. (Although I really hate the "sound" ones, where you have to find an object based on the noise it makes, but that's because I'm hearing-impaired and thus have issues with anything that relies solely on a sound cue.) The music really annoyed me at first, but quickly grew on me and now I kinda love it. The replay value is also pretty high, since there's such a variety of puzzles and the game itself is pretty long.

So overall, while there are some definite things I wish were different, I enjoy playing this game and would recommend it, as long as you keep in mind some of the issues mentioned above.
55 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2010
A must have game for anyone who likes Hidden Object Games. Its has 149 scenes, from beginning of the game to the end. Well worth the money. Great Graphics and interesting storyline.
It is the expanded version the the PC game: Hidden Mysteries, Island of Hope.
on June 13, 2011
If you love hidden object games this one's for you! At first I didn't understand what exactly the "bilingual" meant by Amazon's title. When you begin the game there is a flag in the center of the page. You can choose between 3 different flags (English, Spanish and I think French). Whichever language you choose, the list of "hints" will be in that language. This game is more old school hidden object in that there are plenty of hidden object games and even though there is a "story" you can pretty much ignore it if you want to. There are a couple of items on the list that you might have trouble finding. That is because sometimes in other English speaking countries things are not always called the same thing as we call them. Examples I found in the first few puzzles are, a soccer ball is called a "football" and a flashlight is called a "torch." The game has a few mini games but they are not so impossible that you cannot get through them to finish the game.To get more hints you should find a "sun" on the hidden object page and sometimes to add more time to the games you have to find a "sand timer."

The only reason that I didn't give this game 5 stars is because there must be a "bug" in the game where sometimes you locate the correct item and no matter how many times you click on it, it doesn't respond. It seemed that when I used "hint" button the answer was the exact item that I had already tried. I thought it was just my game, but another reviewer had the exact same problem. It is not so major that it affects the game play.

I recommend this game wholeheartedly!
on December 7, 2010
This game was worth the money. It took some time to play and had interesting locations. I would recommend this to others.
on February 5, 2011
I REALLY LIKED THIS GAME AS A MATTER OF FACT I'M PLAYING IT A SECOND TIME. THE ONLY THING IS, NOT ONLY WITH THIS HIDDEN OBJECT GAME, IS THAT THERE ARE SO MANY OBJECTS TO FIND BUT YOU ARE ARE ALWAYS GIVEN THE SAME OBECTS. OTHER THAN THIS I LIKED THE GAME VERY MUCH.
on January 27, 2011
I love any hidden objects game and this is a great one. Wish there were more out there to purchase for the Nintendo DS.
on March 29, 2011
I enjoy the hidden object games and I feel that Knowledge Adventure games are the best ones out there. I have two of their games and they are the ones I keep going back to play over again. The Mystery Stories games was by far my favorite. Lots of different scenes. I kept thinking it was over and to my pleasant surprise, it was continuing.
Been looking for another good Hidden objects game and I found it in this one. I am hooked as my Granddaughter got me hooked a few years ago now I play alot just to pass the time while in different areas when waiting. I am old lady who you wouldn't think would be playing such a thing. Well I do and enjoy it. I have other games as well but like this one as well.
fast shipping and delivery.
on February 23, 2012
For all of those who complain that hidden object games are too short, you NEED to play this game. It has well over 100 levels of hidden objects - tricky, but very manageable to find. I am astounded to say this, but at one point, I became frustrated that I had not yet finished the game - HA! I am so used to burning through hidden object games in 2 hours that this one really surprised me. After nearing what I thought was the end, my character traveled to another part of the country, only to reveal a zillion more levels. Well worth the money & time!
on May 10, 2011
I really enjoy hidden object games, maybe because it reminds me of being young and trying to work those 'find the items in the picture' game that was in every issue of Highlights magazine. This was a touch more challenging then others hidden object games for DS by I really enjoyed it and will definitely start all over again once some time has gone by.