on February 17, 2014
Verified Purchase
Having fallen in love with the first two volumes, I was thrilled when I heard that Vol. III was available. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed; it exceeded my high expectations. To me, it is almost like a continuation of the other two volumes, only this one is all about Jesus.

The extremely talented songwriter/composer, Jay Stocker, has taken verses from the Bible and transformed them into lovely songs with some of the most breathtakingly beautiful orchestral accompaniment I have ever heard. Then they somehow found the perfect singers (male and female) with the softest, most gentle and peacefully soothing voices to sing the songs. Several songs are so touching and powerful, they brought me to tears when I first listened to them. The reason they are so powerful is that each song focuses on 1-3 Bible verses that are already very comforting and well known-the ones we say aloud or to ourselves when we need encouragement or strength in difficult situations. But when they are presented in this way, the effect is an unbelievably powerful experience.

Personally, the past couple years have been very difficult for me, having lost my husband to cancer in 2012, then being diagnosed with cancer myself a month later, and enduring all that goes along with that. I cannot describe the comfort I have gotten from listening to all three of the CD's. There seems to be an appropriate song for every fear and emotion that I have, whatever time of day or night it is. I have found that I "need" to listen to this music, and so it is on the hard drive of my car stereo, in my CD player at home, and on my I-pod. I have to have this music with me wherever I go! And I never tire of it.

For me specifically, Vol. III addresses worry in "Take No Thought For Tomorrow", uncertainty and trust in "Faith", fears and panic in "Peace Be Still", distress and anxiety in "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled", and the most powerful, in my opinion, is about the power of the name of Jesus in "By His Name".

These are labelled "lullabies", but I don't consider them to be lullabies, although they would be very appropriate for babies, since they are so soft and soothing-both the voices and the accompaniment. I would recommend them for any age group to listen to at any time of the day or night. It might also be a good way for people to learn the Bible verses, if they don't already know them.

I have begun a ministry of distributing "Comfort-Therapy" bags to patients starting chemotherapy. This series of three CD's has had such an impact on my life that I now include one of these CD's in every bag that I give out, so that other people can experience the same comfort and peace that I have from these songs. There is just nothing else available that compares.

Hoping there is a Volume IV in the near future!
on March 14, 2014
3 years ago I sat in the car with my 4-week old baby boy and just wept as I listened to Hidden in My Heart Volume 1; my husband had just deployed for a year and my heart was aching. No doubt, Hidden in My Heart was a real, tangible blessing in that trying year. I am SO very grateful to be sharing Hidden in My Heart Vol III with my husband home and with our two sweet boys. I've purchased 30 copies of Hidden in My Heart to give-away (b/t vol 1 & vol 3), because these songs are truly heart-changing. It's Scripture! What more can I say?! :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Verified Purchase
I love this CD. The songs are beautiful and uplifting. It is called "lullabies" but it really is suitable for all ages. Listening to these songs would be a great way to implant scripture into your memory if you aren't familiar with the Bible but is reaffirming to those who are.

This is a perfect CD to listen to in the car, at night or during devotionals. It is soothing, relaxing and comforting. My favorite song is "By His Name". I listen to it over and over and it brings me to tears.

I highly recommend this CD for people of all ages, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you Jay Stocker for this amazing work. You truly have a gift.
on March 13, 2014
My mom got the first volume of Hidden in My Heart for our family, and I didn't know what to expect. I put in on, and there was instant calm in my soul as I listened to beautiful music with Scripture being sung over my children and me. I actually cried. Volume II is just as great, and I recently purchased Volume III. Love it. I like to put it on in that van for our six children, especially when things are extra chaotic and loud. There is just something about God's Word being sung over us that instantly soothes and calms. It's great for bedtime, and great for your labor and delivery playlist! I love how the music is beautiful and calming, and not cheesy and too childish. Those types of cd's are great sometimes, but when there is chaos abounding, those styles of music can add to the noise level instead of helping it. I highly recommend this for children and adults alike. Even if you don't have kids but need your soul to be soothed due to anxiety or stress, Volume III is perfect for that. I can't recommend these cd's enough.
on February 11, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is a wonderful CD that I love giving as gifts for baby showers. You can hear the music samples here or on the Scripture Lullabies website. This music is very relaxing and a wonderful way to fill your mind with Scripture. On this particular edition of Hidden in My Heart they have verses based on the life of Jesus. The last song is called Turn your eyes upon Jesus, a beautiful way to end this great collection of songs. This may be my favorite of the Hidden in my Heart collection, but it is hard to decide since they all have great songs on the other 2 editions. You, your children, and any other person would benefit from listening to the verses sung on the life of Jesus. Lastly, I also love how by purchasing these CDs you are also helping them to donate 1 CD to a pregnancy crisis center for every 10 CDs purchased.
on March 26, 2014
Verified Purchase
Our family has all 3 albums and we are absolutely in love with this 3rd one!
We give them as gifts to everyone we know when they have a baby.
Scripture Lullabies are not just for kids, I play them in our house on a regular basis. Especially on a long hard day when we all need a little help for our soul I put in on and try to relax and have some deep breathes.
Because each song is straight from scripture as you learn the words you are memorizing God's word, how great is that!?
Each song is so well written and composed, definitely no cheesy kids music here!
Both my kids have the albums on repeat in their rooms all night, I love knowing that as they sleep they are bathed with all of these amazon songs and God's word! This album is extra special because it walks you though the life of Christ.
I highly recommend this album (and the other 2), we have and will continuer to give these as gifts. We also have a bunch of friends who have them all and are buying them for gifts themselves.
You will not be disappointed if you buy this amazing CD!
on March 14, 2014
As we were expecting our baby, I was wanting to have a Christ based album to play in our baby's room. I love the Scripture and melodies that not just sooth our baby but also us as parents! It is wonderful to pray these words over our child as we put her down for naps and to bed at night. We are grateful for this and I look forward to buying for other expecting parents! I don't have anything to compare this to as this is the only Hidden in My Heart album and I don't have anything else similar.
on December 23, 2014
Verified Purchase
I LOVE IT! I don't even have a baby but I love it playing in my house all the time! I got vol 1 as a gift and loved it so much, I've literally played it hundreds of times! I will eventually get the other volume in the set as well. It is a great way to memorize scripture. I love my children hearing this too, because they will have it in their hearts forever.
on February 27, 2014
Verified Purchase
I am all about feeding myself the truth of the Word at times when I fail to make time to read.

I grew up listening to rock, metal and punk, and there was a time I could not find comfort in mainstream contemporary Christian music because, until these last 8-10 years, it was never "rock" or "modern" enough (though with digging I found some "killer" Christian music in the 90's).

Then Christ changed my heart in my mid-20's, and I started enjoying ANYTHING that praised or worshiped Jesus our Savior. All the while friends my age (and some older) made fun of me. Even my Christian wife would make me changed the channel, as most "Christians" were truly conformed to secular lifestyles and trends. (She divorced me for non-biblical reason so perhaps that goes to prove how few "confessing Christians" truly love our Lord. But that's not what this review is about - even though the comment will supplement part of what I say about this CD in a bit).

Eventually I became in need for the meatier stuff and tuned out of music altogether to listen to sermons whenever I was not reading the Bible because I wanted the spiritual food. Even as there became more "Christian" rock on the radio, these songs were no longer doing it... not nourishing me in long-standing ways... and, though many of the Christian artists have expressed profound truths, I still felt starved outside of perhaps occasional 3 and 1/2 minute God moments with these artists.

I grew up in a Psalm singing church and, at this point in my life, I began wanting access to the Psalms/Scriptures at all times, for I had no energy to "search the scriptures diligently" with every new Christian tune that came out. I found myself singing some songs that weren't perhaps as theologically sound as they were catchy or popular. I must stress how important it is to discern what preachers and prophets say. Jesus stressed this and so did his apostles, especially Peter and Jude. Modern churches call it brow-beating or spiritual paranoia, but we are called to truly utilize Scriptures to discern truth from lie, especially in the "last days".

Then I started finding some music that sang scriptures just like my parents' church did when I was younger. Sons of Korah, for example, creates amazing arrangements of the Psalms, but now I need something my two little girls would love as well.

I found these CD's at my current fellowship church, and I picked up Hidden in My Heart, Volumes I and II. This was about 4 months ago and I have hardly removed them from my car's CD player unless I was putting in the other These were mostly Psalms, but not exclusively. What wasn't Psalm was based on another section of Scripture (The four gospels, Lamentations, Romans, and even Numbers, to name a few) I recently bought this Volume III and have not been the slightest bit disappointed. They sing the scriptures in arrangements I have not previously heard, and I get the truths of Scripture that I can now sing out loud like it's more personal to me.

My girls love "beautiful lady music" that sing about God (Celtic Psalms/Hymns), and there are other songs on certain compilation CDs where I constantly have to skip all the men singing to go to the "beautiful lady music". But the Hidden In My Heart Volumes 1-3 CD's are different... the lullaby style satisfies my 4 year old's desire for music whether it is man or woman, and I am thrilled that my 18 month old is attempting to sing to these songs as well. They are memorizing Scripture at a young age, and I feel completely blessed by this.

Last thing I'll mention is... when I drop the girls off... the CD stays on. I'm a 32 year old male who looks a little more rugged than most, unashamedly listening to this lullaby music because it is truly beautiful as the Word of God & the Truth of Jesus, and the music and singing is beautiful. Going through a divorce, I feel like I'm a child in need of his Father God more than ever, and hearing the truths of God's love, as according to the Scriptures and in the style of lullaby, I am constantly reminded I am His child and He loves me. This is very mature lullaby music, by the way. It's not as awkward as you would think for an adult to take pride in it as part of his collection of music.
Verified Purchase
Our family is so thankful for how these musicians have creatively set the Word of God to such beautiful and heart-stirring music. We acquired the first 2 CDs a little over a year ago as a gift during the birth of our daughter, and since then have spent many hours listening to them. We also just recently purchased this 3rd album - another gem that we and our children have loved listening to the past few weeks.

Originally I thought these would be great CDs for teaching Scripture to our kids - and some of the songs are very singable and do just that. Others I would classify as "very beautiful, but not as easily singable for kids." (Note: The Steve Green "Hide 'em in Your Heart" are a fantastic way for kids to learn Scriptures). However, that doesn't mean these are a waste. On the contrary, they are still a soothing balm to this mother's heart on many occasions. Parents, you will benefit from these CDs just as much - if not more than - your kids.

Another note: The song "He is Risen" on this CD is worth the entire album. So wonderfully triumphant without being overbearing - and perfect for the upcoming Easter season. Friends at BreakAway, please publish a choral arrangement of this song for our churches! We want it desperately!

Thank you, Jay Stocker & co. for giving us God's Truth packaged in Beauty.