Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hidden in My Heart, Volume III, A Lullaby Journey Through The Life Of Jesus
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 16, 2014
Having fallen in love with the first two volumes, I was thrilled when I heard that Vol. III was available. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed; it exceeded my high expectations. To me, it is almost like a continuation of the other two volumes, only this one is all about Jesus.

The extremely talented songwriter/composer, Jay Stocker, has taken verses from the Bible and transformed them into lovely songs with some of the most breathtakingly beautiful orchestral accompaniment I have ever heard. Then they somehow found the perfect singers (male and female) with the softest, most gentle and peacefully soothing voices to sing the songs. Several songs are so touching and powerful, they brought me to tears when I first listened to them. The reason they are so powerful is that each song focuses on 1-3 Bible verses that are already very comforting and well known-the ones we say aloud or to ourselves when we need encouragement or strength in difficult situations. But when they are presented in this way, the effect is an unbelievably powerful experience.

Personally, the past couple years have been very difficult for me, having lost my husband to cancer in 2012, then being diagnosed with cancer myself a month later, and enduring all that goes along with that. I cannot describe the comfort I have gotten from listening to all three of the CD's. There seems to be an appropriate song for every fear and emotion that I have, whatever time of day or night it is. I have found that I "need" to listen to this music, and so it is on the hard drive of my car stereo, in my CD player at home, and on my I-pod. I have to have this music with me wherever I go! And I never tire of it.

For me specifically, Vol. III addresses worry in "Take No Thought For Tomorrow", uncertainty and trust in "Faith", fears and panic in "Peace Be Still", distress and anxiety in "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled", and the most powerful, in my opinion, is about the power of the name of Jesus in "By His Name".

These are labelled "lullabies", but I don't consider them to be lullabies, although they would be very appropriate for babies, since they are so soft and soothing-both the voices and the accompaniment. I would recommend them for any age group to listen to at any time of the day or night. It might also be a good way for people to learn the Bible verses, if they don't already know them.

I have begun a ministry of distributing "Comfort-Therapy" bags to patients starting chemotherapy. This series of three CD's has had such an impact on my life that I now include one of these CD's in every bag that I give out, so that other people can experience the same comfort and peace that I have from these songs. There is just nothing else available that compares.

Hoping there is a Volume IV in the near future!
33 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2014
3 years ago I sat in the car with my 4-week old baby boy and just wept as I listened to Hidden in My Heart Volume 1; my husband had just deployed for a year and my heart was aching. No doubt, Hidden in My Heart was a real, tangible blessing in that trying year. I am SO very grateful to be sharing Hidden in My Heart Vol III with my husband home and with our two sweet boys. I've purchased 30 copies of Hidden in My Heart to give-away (b/t vol 1 & vol 3), because these songs are truly heart-changing. It's Scripture! What more can I say?! :)
on March 13, 2014
My mom got the first volume of Hidden in My Heart for our family, and I didn't know what to expect. I put in on, and there was instant calm in my soul as I listened to beautiful music with Scripture being sung over my children and me. I actually cried. Volume II is just as great, and I recently purchased Volume III. Love it. I like to put it on in that van for our six children, especially when things are extra chaotic and loud. There is just something about God's Word being sung over us that instantly soothes and calms. It's great for bedtime, and great for your labor and delivery playlist! I love how the music is beautiful and calming, and not cheesy and too childish. Those types of cd's are great sometimes, but when there is chaos abounding, those styles of music can add to the noise level instead of helping it. I highly recommend this for children and adults alike. Even if you don't have kids but need your soul to be soothed due to anxiety or stress, Volume III is perfect for that. I can't recommend these cd's enough.
on February 11, 2014
This is a wonderful CD that I love giving as gifts for baby showers. You can hear the music samples here or on the Scripture Lullabies website. This music is very relaxing and a wonderful way to fill your mind with Scripture. On this particular edition of Hidden in My Heart they have verses based on the life of Jesus. The last song is called Turn your eyes upon Jesus, a beautiful way to end this great collection of songs. This may be my favorite of the Hidden in my Heart collection, but it is hard to decide since they all have great songs on the other 2 editions. You, your children, and any other person would benefit from listening to the verses sung on the life of Jesus. Lastly, I also love how by purchasing these CDs you are also helping them to donate 1 CD to a pregnancy crisis center for every 10 CDs purchased.
on March 13, 2014
I love this CD. The songs are beautiful and uplifting. It is called "lullabies" but it really is suitable for all ages. Listening to these songs would be a great way to implant scripture into your memory if you aren't familiar with the Bible but is reaffirming to those who are.

This is a perfect CD to listen to in the car, at night or during devotionals. It is soothing, relaxing and comforting. My favorite song is "By His Name". I listen to it over and over and it brings me to tears.

I highly recommend this CD for people of all ages, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you Jay Stocker for this amazing work. You truly have a gift.
on March 26, 2014
Our family has all 3 albums and we are absolutely in love with this 3rd one!
We give them as gifts to everyone we know when they have a baby.
Scripture Lullabies are not just for kids, I play them in our house on a regular basis. Especially on a long hard day when we all need a little help for our soul I put in on and try to relax and have some deep breathes.
Because each song is straight from scripture as you learn the words you are memorizing God's word, how great is that!?
Each song is so well written and composed, definitely no cheesy kids music here!
Both my kids have the albums on repeat in their rooms all night, I love knowing that as they sleep they are bathed with all of these amazon songs and God's word! This album is extra special because it walks you though the life of Christ.
I highly recommend this album (and the other 2), we have and will continuer to give these as gifts. We also have a bunch of friends who have them all and are buying them for gifts themselves.
You will not be disappointed if you buy this amazing CD!
on October 14, 2015
Based on the reviews, I ordered all three of the "Hidden in My Heart" CD's at one time and listened to them in order. I enjoyed listening to the first CD very much and liked most of the songs on it immediately. I liked some so well that I listened to them repeatedly before moving on to the next. I wanted to skip CD two and go directly to the third because I could hardly wait to hear some of my favorite quotes by Jesus Christ done as well as those on CD 1 had been. Instead, I decided to save the "best for last."
Because music is so subjective and one really needs to be in the right spot to be most receptive to some of the scriptures, I'm hesitant to post that CD 2 was a disappointment to me; however, I considered it worth the purchase for the song "Wonderfully Made." Again, I was very receptive to this scripture/song perhaps because as I continue to listen to it frequently, I ponder the miracle of my first grandson born just weeks ago and the birth of my second grandson due within the next few days.
So many reviews describe CD 3 as the best, but I was sorely disappointed in it. So many of Jesus' quotes are favorites of mine, but I cannot say that I particularly like any of the songs on CD 3, and I personally would have chosen other scriptures--But I knew that BEFORE I ordered because the Biblical verses on the CD are listed at the purchase site. One other thing, and again, this is just a personal preference, but the intros to the songs while beautifully played are too long to suit MY taste. My main object in listening to the CD's is to hear the actual scriptures.
I do not regret buying these CD's. If you are looking for peaceful, meditative, spiritual music, at least one of these CD's should please you--sorry though, I can't tell you which one might like best!
on December 23, 2014
I LOVE IT! I don't even have a baby but I love it playing in my house all the time! I got vol 1 as a gift and loved it so much, I've literally played it hundreds of times! I will eventually get the other volume in the set as well. It is a great way to memorize scripture. I love my children hearing this too, because they will have it in their hearts forever.
on October 29, 2014
I've really enjoyed the CD. I have the first two volumes and this one is just as good. It's comforting and calming and very reassuring of Scripture truths. I listen to it to relax and just love it.
on December 16, 2015
I was not sure I would like it as much as the first one but it made a perfect baby shower gift and Amazon took so long to deliver it we could not get it there by her birthday so I sent one directly to my friends house and when mine arrived that was supposed to be hers I must admit I decided to listen and it's wonderful! Beautiful peaceful Scripture and hope filled! These make the best baby shower gift ever! Who's pregnant! I listen to volume 1 in the hospital almost continuously after having my second baby and wish I had it for my first it's wonderful for mom and baby! So nice to have this type of music instead of obnoxious kid music! Thank you to those who made this and praise the Lord for your talent and your peaceful voices
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse