Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: High Fiber, High Flavor: More than 180 recipes for good health
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 8, 2000
I was extrememly dissapointed with this book. As a dietitian I expected a book entitled high fiber to have high fiber recipes in it. Some of the recipes look excellent but they are far from high fiber. I also expected that each recipe would, at least, tell me how many grams of fiber I was eating. If you purchase this book expect to get a lot of good recipes that use minimal amounts of grains and beans. This is a definite leave on the shelf book if you are trying to include more fiber in your diet. Unless, that is, you are prepared to change all of her recipes by increasing the amount of beans and grains used.
on September 5, 2003
For a book that is featured as healthy, high fiber eating it is practically worthless. Any cookbook marketed under the banner of good health MUST have the nutrition facts included. There is absolutely no way to determine the amount of fiber of any recipe.
Big disappointment.
on July 26, 2008
I have enjoyed the recipes that are in this book, however, it is true that the author does not include the calorie content or fiber content. While this doesn't make alot of sense to me, I still really like the recipes from the book and so far I have enjoyed everything that I have made. The cookbook has a wide variety of recipes (some international) and they all taste delicious. So far I have made the Lebanese Couscous soup, the gazpacho and the baby lima bean and tuna salad with tomatoes and red onions. Most of the recipes have beans, vegetables or whole wheat flour in them so they are very healthy for the most part. Some of them contain butter but it is not the prevailing ingredient (the baking recipes call for some butter). I am getting ready to make the baked bananas with rum and the apricot granola bars as well as the buckwheat salad. I bought this cookbook because it has recipes for some of the more unusual grains in it (couscous, buckwheat, cracked wheat, millet, etc). I wanted more recipes that used these ingredients as they are very healthy. Good cookbook, great pictures.
on May 31, 2011
I found my copy under the name High-Fiber Cooking, which touted more than 170 recipes. This book, High-Fiber, High Flavor, looks like an update of the book I got, and touts more than 180 recipes. I find it aggravating when authors do that re-release trick without disclosing that the book is a re-hash.

Having got that rant off my chest, I have to say that while the book does not include counts for grams of fiber, calories, or other nutritional information, the book is a compilation of recipes which incorporate legumes, nuts, vegetables, whole grains, and high-fiber fruits. Every recipe is loaded with fiber-rich ingredients, and the recipes look "sinfully" delicious while remaining virtuous.

I liked the recipes in High-Fiber Cooking so much, that I am going to be buying High Fiber, High Flavor, just to get those extra 10 or so recipes. It is a cookbook that you could cook your way through, versus just using one or two recipes.
on January 29, 2011
I actually saw this book at a local Value Village. I flipped through the pages, and on a whim, purchased it and took it home. So far I've tried a couple of the recipes, and must say they were easy to make and turned out to be very flavorful. Steps are easy to follow, and (upon skimming through the various recipes) tend to include basic ingredients...nothing exotic or hard to find at your local grocer's.

As far as fiber content, I agree that it doesn't contain the information one would expect. If this book were purchased with the main intention of following a high-fiber guideline (which many would, given the title) you will be disappointed. However, treated as a general cookbook in itself, I am very pleased with it. I'm also vegetarian, and was pleasantly surprised with the high number of vegetarian recipes included. Overall, unless you're looking for a cookbook to detail the nutritional information and fiber content, I would highly recommend this.
on February 15, 2001
High Fiber, High Flavor showcases more than 180 recipes designed for good health and delicious eating. From Lebanese Couscous Soup, Deviled Leek Crostini, and Caramelized Onion Tart, to Spiced Lamb with Chickpeas, Spiced Berry Pudding, and Banana Cornmeal Muffins, Rosemary Moon offers a cornucopia of meal time delights that are high in fiber and pleasing to any palate. Each recipe is carefully presented for the kitchen cook, and enhanced throughout with beautiful color photography of completed dishes.