Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on November 8, 2010
Like Maria, that is happening to me too. I liked the device alot, and it was working fine. I am a medical esthetician so I know how to properly use the device. Now all of a sudden once you turn it on, it stays at the lowest possible setting even if you turn the knob to increase intensity, I have to turn the whole device in awkward postions to try and increase the intensity, but it doesn't last, and goes back to barely being on, I'm afraid it will just stop working all together.
on September 10, 2010
My mother runs skin care salons in Colorado and has been using high frequency machines for over twenty years. The machines are VERY expensive. My daughter has reached the lovely teen years and finds her skin breaking out from time to time,as my mother lives several states away going to her for the HF machine was not an option and the salons locally charge crazy prices for treatments. So i took he plunge and bought this one... not much of a plunge as it was very inexpensive. WE LOVE IT.Great price and beautifully packaged, easy to use. I use it for skin toning and it works a treat. BUT BEWARE>>> ON ALL OF THESE MACHINES THE GLASS IMPLEMENTS ARE VERY FRAGILE!!! We have been fine with ours, but friends who have bought this sadly jammed the implement in too far to the wand or used too much force and they broke. SO BE GENTLE!!!
on June 28, 2013
First let me start by saying that I am no a trained Skin Care Therapist/Esthetician. But I have worked in a salon/spa, and have been lucky to work with such professionals to share their knowledge with me.

I worked in a Salon & Spa and we had a big bulky High Frequency Machine that I loved the Esthetician to use on my acne prone/oily skin. Even at the spa, I would do quick spot treatments with the device and it would clear up spots quickly by killing all the gross bacteria causing the spot.

My high stress level has caused my skin to misbehave like crazy, and no topical treatment was working well enough.. I was using all 2% salicylic acid serums, creams, and face washes like I always have (for my skin salicylic acid is the only thing that doesnt over dry my skin, benzoyl peroxide drys me out way to much, and some sulfer treatments can be smelly and overdry, but a sulfer mask i do use sometimes) and they were not keeping my skin from breaking out. I've even cut back on my sugar intake to no avail. Still deep in the skin break outs happening. (Going through a divorce is no fun on my skin)

I haven't worked at that spa in some time, but I rememberd how amazing that machine was, and did my research. Since you can find damn near anything on I gave it a go, looked up High Frequency, and low and behold they sell them! yay! And for much more affordable that I was expecting. Even better!

I did a lot of research on all the models here on Amazon before chosing the New Spa High Frequency Home Use Device. You can find cheaper models here on Amazon, and even way more expensive ones. I chose this one because I liked the look of the device, and packaging way better than some other models. And $65 still isn't a bad price to have a spa quality skin device for you own use. Have you ever had a spa facial? They can cost just about as much as that if not more if you're getting a facial specifically for acne... An Aveda Acne Facial is $100+ for a one time treatment.. no thanks. I'm not made of money. Plus buying this device isn't a one time deal.

Now, to the use of the device. I think this device puts out more current than the one we had a the Spa, and I am totally okay with that. I like to feel the machine working its magic and killing all the bacteria under my skin and doing wonders. I love the mushroom attachment for an all over the face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. I use the rod to spot treat. I haven't used the comb much on myself, but it feels great on the scalp. I dont use the spoon attachment much, but I'm sure I will use it more eventially. The different attachment have different stregnths. Of course the rod being the strongest because all the current is concentrated.

This is a very worthy skin care investment. I'm only 25, but I wish I had one of these in high school. They're awesome. They work! It's worth it.

My one and only complant with NEW SPA is that I wish that I could have gotten rods that glowed blue/violet, not orange like i have because from what I've read about High Frequency that's better for acne prone skin, BUT the product is still clearing up my skin very well, I'm getting my smooth blemish free skin back. I wrote this review as someone with acne issues, but this product is a multitasker. Its good for hair growth stimulation on the scalp. skin cell renewal for wrinkles. Increases blood circulation to make what products you are using on the skin work better. Its really an awesome machine.

Also, this product ships from Flordia, and I live in Ohio so it came in the mail super fast.
If you're thinking about High Frequency. Stop Thinking, and do it! It's worth it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2012
In short, I purchased one of these models and it lasted approximately a week's worth of use. I was able to get a replacement via warranty and had the same problem. I am currently avoiding New Spa products.
on July 9, 2012
This is a very good product for anyone suffering from acne.. It does not make it vanish,, but certainly reduced the inflammation, and the pain..i could see the results immediately after use... if you use it regularly then its a good spend for someone who is struggling with acne..
on November 1, 2010
I liked the device a lot, but after two weeks it stopped working. I'm trying to contact seller now, I'm very disappointed.
on July 16, 2013
This beautifully packaged D'arsonval high frequency machine arrived just two days after I placed my order. Not only does this smell, sound, and feel like my esthetician's, but I'm also seeing the same results with only three uses of this product. Thank you for saving me a fortune and for helping me have the best skin possible.
on May 25, 2011
I got this machine with low expectations. But it really does work. I mostly use it for acne breakouts. When it has already broken out, within 2 treatments, the breakout is mostly healed. If you can catch them before they form, one treatment will take care of it.
on December 10, 2013
Okay, first--this thing looks very scary. Read the directions, there aren't many. the is simple to use. I use regularly the spoon, mushroom & comb attachments. I have noticed that my skin is smoother and feels more relaxed after use and my moisturizer absorbs extremely nice after nightly treatments.
You will "mildly" (again mildly) zap yourself until you get used to using the device. It barely stings but it should be in the directions so you don't scare yourself (well, I scared myself the first time any way!).
It is easy to use, rubbing alcohol cleans the tools (so that is simple and inexpensive), the storage box is nice and padded for the tools to slip in and out for use.
Yes I can recommend this product, I do believe it is assisting maintain my skin quality, moisture absorption and relaxes the muscles in the face and neck after a stressful day.
on January 27, 2015
Take into account that I am the world's worst when it comes to tolerating shocks from static electricity. I really wanted to try this product for skin rejuvenation and reduction in under-eye puffiness, but was worried about the static shock. Well, I had no reason to worry! It took me 3 days to get up the nerve to try it out, and I was very pleasantly surprised. First, the packaging is great -- very protective of the multiple glass tubes but easy to open and utilize. Be aware that the on/off switch is on the bottom of the handheld unit, so it is almost impossible to try it on your hand if you are going to keep the tube against your skin before you turn it on. I had no issues with shock or sting, and found the whole experience pleasant. The biggest drawback is the printed instructions that come with it. They are rather vague and misleading. For example, they direct you to keep the tube in contact with the skin but show pictures of one-directional massage. You either have to go in circles or remove the unit from the skin to achieve this. Fortunately, if you look online for similar products, there are numerous reviews and videos that give better instructions. Also, you need to put some sort of serum on the face to achieve a glide across the skin. After washing and drying your skin, apply a small amount of your favorite skin product. The tube will glide smoothly and will assist in absorption of the serum. I used the mushroom tube for my first try. After my first use, I did not notice any real effect; however, 12 hours later, I realized there was a noticeable decrease in under-eye puffiness, apparently from stimulation of the lymphatic system below the eyes. I will update periodically on any visible skin changes as they occur.