5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
Published on April 20, 2011 by K.Houin

3.0 out of 5 stars love miranda! but she is growing up!
Published on May 29, 2011 by anon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 20, 2011
K.Houin (Small Town, Indiana) - See all my reviews
I bought this CD for my 8-year old daughter who absolutely loves iCarly and Miranda Cosgrove. We have her first CD and I even liked it. I was hoping that this new one would be as good or better. My daughter already knows all of the words to the 5 songs. Really catchy tunes and I find myself humming them throughout the day as we ALWAYS listen to Miranda on the way to school. The minute she heard the CD, she put the songs on her Ipod. The only downside I see with Miranda's new CD is there are only 5 songs. But you also get the DVD and my daughter says she liked it. I haven't watched it myself so can't comment on that. The music is great though!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good ep, May 19, 2011
this ep is so cool fun and upbeat i just loved it and its amazing
the best tracks are high maintenance and Sayonara.
track by track

1 Dancing Crazy 8/10
2 high maintenance 10/10
3 face of love 7/10
4 kiss you up 7/10
5 Sayonara 10/10

3.0 out of 5 stars love miranda! but she is growing up!, May 29, 2011
I got this for my daughter who has been a fan of Miranda's acting and singing for a few years now. But like all child stars, they start growing up. I have no problem with songs about crushes, cute guys, a kiss, and such. But not sure lines like "I'm ready for ya now, I think my tongue's done waiting it out" are right for tween girls to be listening to. I wish Miranda would keep in mind the majority of her fans are tweens, not 17 like she now is. and even at 17, does music really need to promote sex? There's a song called Kiss You Up - just the title makes some parents cringe. "Kiss you up when you're down, if you need a little love, I'll kiss you up" Luckily my daughter thinks it is cheering up your boyfriend if he's feeling blue. Luckily she's not thinking *how* the cheering up might be happening. Then other songs with lyrics like: "maybe give you more than I should...make you feel good...what I need is a rocket to ride, to the beat we'll be moving all night" and "turn me on" and "hands all over my body" - all of that in one song (Sayonara).

It's not as bad as other music out there and other child stars now entering adulthood. I guess I was just hoping better for (and from) Miranda Cosgrove. she always seemed so balanced, and also understanding of the age of her fans. I know they can't stay "child stars" forever, but can't they realize to not venture out into needing sexual conotations in their lyrics until AFTER their child/tween tv show is done and over, and wait a few years before going into young adult, sexy status so their tween fans can catch up to that, and they no longer are targeted at the young kid fan audience any more? It sure would be the decent thing to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, December 9, 2011
Came as described and at a perfect price, my daughter 9 yr old really loves the cd and listens to it everyday - Thank you!!! Will purchase from this buyer again...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great voice, good EP, March 29, 2011
Each track from _High Maintenance_ has a distinct sound and progression, which makes it worth listening to repeatedly. Then, you'll find your favorite tracks and start settling them into your playlists.

I enjoy Ms. Cosgrove's voice quite a bit, and hearing her exercise her range is a delight.

Unlike other "tween-become-teen-starlets" who put out their label's music, I get the impression that Miranda Cosgrove is feeling out her musical side and sorting out what kind of songs she wants to create. Call me crazy, but I believe I sense a common theme running through most of her tracks (not just from this EP, either).

Altogether, I feel _High Maintenance_ is a solid addition to her musical work and I am very interested in hearing where she chooses to go next.

Enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Grown-Up Ms. Cosgrove, March 15, 2011
When we last saw Miranda on the music scene it was last April with the release of her debut album Sparks Fly. That album was a sugary short pop confection that displayed Miranda's voice & style.

This EP starts where Sparks Fly left off. "Dancing Crazy" (written by Avril Lavigne) is a catchy but definitely bubblegum song. Miranda's voice seems just as nasally as before and still childish. But that ends when the song "High Maintenance" begins. Miranda's voice is a lot lower and less nasally which is refreshing. The song is also not for the Nickelodeon crowd because she sings about kicking asses & crashing a Ferrari.

The remaining songs also show Miranda's growth as a singer, her voice is definitely stronger and more pleasant. Her voice easily slides into the remaining upbeat songs of "Face Of Love" & "Kiss You Up"(a Shontelle cover), and it stays in a good range for her. The closing track is "Sayonara" which is the ultimate standout track of the entire EP. It's definitely a sensual dance ditty that you would not expect Miranda to do. Her voice works well with the song & you will be wanting to replay it over and over.

This EP is for tweens/teens who want to jam out & add the CD beside Miranda's other releases. It's definitely obvious that Miranda is maturing with her sound though, her next album will probably be nothing like her songs on the "iCarly" soundtrack where her music career started. Hopefully Miranda will take her talent to new levels and actually write some more songs for herself. Overall this EP is a good, nothing new or exciting, just standard electro-pop.

4.0 out of 5 stars High Maintenance, June 27, 2011
This cd is an awesome cd but 5 tracks is what i don't like about.
This EP is not worth it.Miranda went through not a lot of work.
Dancing Crazy 5Stars
High Maintenance 4stars
Face Of Love 5stars
Kiss You Up 4stars
Sayonara 5stars
Dvd is pretty good
5stars for DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth It., March 19, 2011
Some people keep complaining about the price, but it is totally worht it. This EP shows great maturity in Miranda's voice and he style. The DVD contains pure entertainment. The best song is "Sayonara".

3.0 out of 5 stars Miranda Cosgrove High Maintance cd - Pricey cd!, March 18, 2011
Hello I'm an autistic adult.

This is my review on miranda cosgrove high maintance cd.

Well this cd is okay BUT I paid nine dollars for this? 5 songs & a dvd that'll I'll never watch lol.

I listened to all the song's on the cd yeah the other reviewer who reviewed this was right there was one cuss word in maybe the whole cd big whoop. I swear every once in a while so it's not that big of deal to me. Overall the cd was pretty good.

Happy Cd Hunting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Miranda rocks!, August 30, 2013
This EP is very fun. I'm a closet fan of this kind of music as most people I know would tease me. I grew up Heavy Metal so I don't blame them. Sometimes I just need to listen to some fun, happy and upbeat music and this makes me feel good inside. I look forward to more.

Thanks!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

High Maintenance
High Maintenance by Miranda Cosgrove (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies