Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on January 16, 2013
Exactly as Advertised! These pads are of better quality then the Sony installed pads. Easy to install and work as needed. Seller sends enough to replace all thermal pads in the PS3 with some leftover (trust me, the pad looks small when you open it up, but you will definitely have some left over).

Pros
-High Quality, thick construction
-Easy to cut and use with a pocket knife or X-acto blade
-Blue (Personal Preference there)

Cons
-You have to cut them yourself? I'm lazy.
on January 10, 2012
Repaired my ylod PS3 with these pads plus replaced the old thermal compound with Arctic Silver. Works like a charm now!! The manufacture sent a generous sheet of thermal pad, more than enough. I drew a pattern around the old thermal pads and cut them out. Then, peeled both sides and stuck them on. Simple. They also have excellent customer service with quick e-mail responses. I'm very happy and satisfied with this item. Now I just hope my PS3 will last long.
99 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
These pads are extremely great. They are thicker than most generic pads and retains its form even with continued pressure applied. I bought this pad along with new thermal paste strictly to reduce the temperature on my PS3 thus lowering the risk of damage. I have an older 60gb PS3 and its fan would rise up to its 3rd setting (loud) within 15 mins of use. My older 60gb PS3 has 4 fan setting, quiet (start up), silent (barely audible), loud, and supersonic. After changing out the old thermal pads and thermal paste now my PS3 stays at silent most of the time. During the summer it would reach loud after 2-2 1/2 hrs of continuous play while now it stays at silent no matter how long it's kept on. These pads are a great way to reduce heat on older 20/40/60/80gb PS3 especially when combined with new thermal paste. I would completely recommend this to anyone with older model PS3 running really loud, hot, and/or both.
on January 29, 2013
Now the problem here is I don't have a control group. I used these thermal pads along with new thermal paste. See where I'm getting at? Now most of the new cooling may be attributed to the thermal paste I used (Arctic cooling MX-4). I'm no expert but the cooling pads felt like a much better quality than the original pads in the PS3. You will have enough to replace all the pads and some left over; which I used to replace a couple of pads in my laptop for fun.

So was this worth it? I would say yeah this contributed to my PS3 running a lot more cool and quiet now, but hey how would I really know? My point is if you're going to open up your PS3 and replace the thermal paste you might as well just replace the pads too... No harm done.
on February 26, 2015
Word of advice. If you have extra and have a food vac sealer place the extra in into a vac pack and vacuum seal it and store it after. When I talked to the tech guy he suggested it to me. I used it for my laptop to replace the thin thermal pads they had works just fine. I had upgraded the CPU to the max size for my laptop and replaced it with these pads
on April 16, 2013
The product was as advertised. Great quality and I love how this product is made up of multiple cooling layers rather than the stock single layer pads.

I used this item as part of my YLOD resurrection process on my 6 year old 80gig PS3.

My only complaint is that there is just enough material to cover all of the necessary chips. Now some don't view this as a negative because it did the job I needed it to. However, if I made any mistakes in measuring or cutting I would have been short.

Product is A+ + + + +

Buy it to resurrect your YLOD PS3 or to prevent a YLOD.
on September 1, 2015
Received grey pads not blue like shown. Not sure if they are upgrade over grey PS3 pads. sent enough if you watch video and mark and cut as shown. Use very sharp sewing scissors or razor. Fan stays on low speed all opf the time but unit still cuts off with flashing red light. using PS3 games. Works fine on PS2 and DVD's. Seems like the video chip for the PS3 side of the 20GB unit still gets too hot or overworked.
At least I can use my PS2 games still. GOt a slim 320 GB form 2010 and it has worked flawlessly since 2010.

Will be looking for thicker pads to maybe make better contact with motherboard cage.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
Nice quality, more then enough for all the replacements on PS3. Not sure if it really does anything by itself as I used this along side a new fan, so I cannot say which one did the job or if its a combination of both, but my PS3 definetly runs cooler to the touch.
on June 30, 2014
Got this for laptop instead of PS3 due to the size and thickness. My laptop's graphics card did not have any thermal pads between the memory and heatsink causing the fan to run constantly to cool the memory that wasn't even touching the heatsink to begin with. Used this material to dissipate heat from them. Did 6 memory chips - 1 mosfet - 1 southbridge. I still have almost half left. Works beyond expectations. Cut it to size - peel the front and back off - squish between heatsink and component. Thermal transfer improved so much graphics card fan rarely kicks in now even when gaming. When it does its on low shortly and never on high any more. With how terrible it used to be I cannot see this underperforming in any proper application. If you are on the fence for whatever application (PS3/Laptop) go for it you won't likely be disappointed.
on April 26, 2012
I purchased these pads as a mildly adhesive thermal transfer pad for copper shims to cool a Linksys WRT160N wireless router. The other option would have been Artic Silver adhesive/epoxy, but that would have been permanent. The thermal pad worked great. I'll definitely be using this pad for other notebook and electronics cooling mods. [...]

Update 2014-06-14
I've been using this thermal pad in other cooling mods in laptops to cool the chipset controllers. If your laptop suffers from unusual shutdowns even though your CPU and GPU are cooled properly, then try cooling the chipset controller. Generally speaking, the chipset controllers in laptops are NOT cooled in anyway. This is where a thermal pad an copper shim mod works great! Similar to the mod that I did on the Linksys WRT160N, simply place the thermal pad over the chipset controller and then place a copper shim over the thermal pad to burn off the heat. In general, I recommend the 20x20x0.5mm copper shims.
review image
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse