5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give it 1000 stars!!!
Published on August 14, 2007 by Eric Arismendi

2.0 out of 5 stars HSM has lost it's charm.
The first high school musical was very fresh. It was clear, pure, and not overdone. The clarity of the singing and well written music was what made the first album sell so well. In this era of remixed pop where you can't honestly discern whether the artist is actually singing, the first album broke the mold, and was a success because of it.

This sequel, while...
Published on December 14, 2007 by A. Pettry

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give it 1000 stars!!!, August 14, 2007
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
The songs from High School Musical 2 are not better or worse than the songs from High School Musical because they are equally great! However, these songs are very different from the ones from the first movie, but they are still great! I will include some spoilers from the movie to describe the songs, so do not read this if you do not want the plot spoiled for you. In the second movie, school's out and everybody is ready to enjoy their summer vacation. Seeking revenge for what happened to her and her brother (Ryan) in the first movie, Sharpay makes her father hire Troy at their country club in an attempt to separate him from Gabriella. Unfortunately for Sharpay, her plan backfires and Troy scores everybody else a job at the country club: Gabriella (now his girlfriend), Chad (his best friend), Taylor (Gabriella`s best friend), and the rest of the Wildcats are now employed! Plus, the country club's Talent Show is coming up and Sharpay must act quick before Troy and Grabriella wow everyone again. What will happen to Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay, Ryan, Chad, Taylor? The story is resolved musically with the spectacular songs from the very anticipated Disney Channel Original Movie. In my opinion, each song individually deserves an A+++ for their uniqueness. This is over thirty minutes of rock and pop (and possibly hip-hop, depending on how you categorize "I Don`t Dance") that little kids, teens, and adults will enjoy. The songs have their own little message hidden within, and the music itself is very appealing. I already know most of the songs by heart! Anyway, this is a must-have for fans of the first movie and anyone who enjoys good music. The song titles are in capital letters, the singers in parenthesis, and a description of each song after the two dashes. These things definitely contains movie spoilers! Beware! Here are the songs:

1. WHAT TIME IS IT? (Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay, Ryan) -- The cast sing their hear out as they describe what they hope their summer would be like.

2. FABULOUS (Sharpay and Ryan) -- The fabulous Sharpay tells Ryan, and everyone else, about the many things she needs to "help her get along" and why she needs them. A perfect song for the antagonist!

3. WORK THIS OUT (Troy and The Wildcats) -- Troy, Gabriella, Chad, Taylor, and the Wildcats sing a song about their new jobs after they realize that they are working for Sharpay`s father.

4. YOU ARE THE MUSIC IN ME (Troy and Gabriella) -- The very romantic song that Kelsi writes for Troy and Gabriella to sing in the Talent Show. This is the new "What I`ve Been Looking For."

5. I DON'T DANCE (Chad and Ryan) -- Ryan tries to convince Chad that playing baseball is just like dancing, but Chad disagrees. A song that you have to dance to!

6. YOU ARE THE MUSIC IN ME (Sharpay and Troy) -- Sharpay puts her own twist on Troy and Gabriella's song by adding a little rock and roll to it. Troy and Gabriella sing it with feeling, but you can tell that Sharpay sings it just for the rehearsal.

7. GOTTA GO MY OWN WAY (Gabriella) -- In the new version of "When There Was Me And You," Gabriella tells Troy why they must break up and how all of the things that Sharpay has given him has turned him into a different person. A very, very, very sad song that will make you cry!

8. BET ON IT (Troy) -- Troy realizes that Sharpay has in fact turned into a different person who does not care about his friends. Did he loose Gabriella forever?

9. EVERYDAY (Troy and Gabriella) -- Troy and Gabriella are back together and sing a song similar to "We`re Breaking Free" in the Talent Show. One of the most wonderful songs in the entire CD, very touching...

10. ALL FOR ONE (Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay, Ryan) -- This songs tells how everyone is going to enjoy the `real' summer and how they're all there for one another. This is the new "We`re All This Together." Very catchy and fun.

11. HUMUHUMUNUKUNUKUAPUA'A (Sharpay and Ryan) -- Princess Tiki (Ashley Tisdale) tells how she in love with a fish named Prince Humuhumunukunukuapua'a who is under a spell that turned him into a fish. Only a kiss can turn him back to normal! One of the best songs on the disc, but not in the movie, because of the humor!

If you like this, I suggest watching the second movie on Disney Channel and purchasing the first movie: High School Musical (Two-Disc Remix Edition) Also, don't forget to buy the first movie's soundtrack: High School Musical

5.0 out of 5 stars A review for parents, August 18, 2007
Julie Neal (Celebration, Fla.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
I know what you're thinking: Are these songs good enough that you'll be able to stand hearing them, like, a gazillion billion times? The answer is -- with just a couple of exceptions -- yes!

Certainly the most catchy and wholesome pop album this year, this 38-minute soundtrack features songs that are as catchy as commercial jingles and full of good messages, yet just varied and nuanced enough that they don't drive you mad. And, even though there's nothing as fun as "Stick to the Stuff You Know," overall these tunes are better than those in the original film. (Here's that soundtrack: High School Musical.)

In fact, many of the songs are pretty good. "You Are The Music In Me" is a sincere, catchy duet by Gabriella and Troy (Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron) that uses a gospel chorus to rise above nearly everything ever cranked out by today's dime-a-dozen pop tarts. "Everyday" (also Gabriella and Troy) is in the same vein, a Britney-esque bouncer with a finale that seems literally straight out of a black church. The staccato rhythm of the boy-band rocker "Bet On It" (Troy) recalls the best of Michael Jackson, while "All for One" is a hand-clapping shout-out that hints, a little, at Sheryl Crow's "Soak in the Sun."

The only downside? Since they're nearly all high-energy showtunes, these numbers are meant to be played loud. Better have headphones in the back seats of your SUV -- or at least plenty of Tylenol in the glovebox!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, August 21, 2007
A Kid's Review
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
This CD is AMAZING! Most of the songs are wonderful! My favorite is "Gotta Go My Own Way" I Also Like "Fabulous" and "I don't Dance". They are all great songs and I'm sure that once I learn them, I'll love them! And I think you will too!

2.0 out of 5 stars HSM has lost it's charm., December 14, 2007
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)

This sequel, while still catchy, has unfortunately lost the charm and magic that made the first HSM a success. While the vocals themselves are still up to par, and the lyrics alone are up to scratch, poor editting tarnished what could have been a gleaming sequel. Digitizing the voices hides the soulful sound that was infectious in it's predecessor, and over mixing with backup singers, and clutter in general distracts the listener from what they are actually wanting and expecting to hear. The accompaniment overpowers the vocalists, and the sounds and textures of teen pop music seems jarringly out of place in comparison to the crisp and crystalline timbre of the original.

But, I will give credit to the vocalists. They were good [as usual], but their thunder was stolen by poor editing and mixing. This music is still very popular among younger listeners but unfortuantely, older listeners who fell in love with the original, will have to hope that the producers return to their roots when the third installment is released.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would give it six and half billion stars if I could, February 8, 2008
McBowlerpimp (W. Syracuse, NE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
Robbie Nevil was universally known as a genius after releasing the song C'est La Vie back in the 80s. Quite simply the best 80s song there was. Now you combine his skills with the finest group of young actors this side of Eight is Enough and you have the greatest soundtrack ever created. Every song on this platter is a certified hit. Certified by my daughter, who knows every song and dance. You get Sharpay's snotty attitude, Troy's total awesomeness, Chad's goofy hair and the positively mesmorizing Vanessa Hudges. I used to think Purple Rain by Prince was a good soundtrack and that Footloose was a solid effort, but this thing makes those two sound like a bus running over a pipe 700 times. That would be horrible!!! Swiper, no swiping!!!!! Oh Maaaaaannnnn!!!

I burned all of the songs off this into my ipod and it has taken my performance at the gym to a new level. I have actually coreograffed an entire dance to "What time is it" while running on a treadmill. Any trendsetters in the room? I'm raising my hand right now baby because the stakes are high!! I'm all in against Scotty Ngyugen with pocket threes. Let's roll it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars All types of sounds. Nothing repetitive. The best kid/teen CD around., June 2, 2008
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
Having listened to endless kid/tween/teen CDs over the years, I can honestly say this one is by far the best. Each song is completely different so you don't feel like you are hearing the same song over and over again. I don't mind the Hannah Montana CDs but after a while the songs all seem to run together in my head. Maybe it's because there are several different artists singing. Every song is catchy and for the most part very upbeat so it makes drives so much more enjoyable for me and the kids.

If you are trying to choose between HSM, Hannah, Jonas Brothers, etc., I'd highly suggest picking this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars So much FUN!, January 1, 2008
Rory (StL, MO, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
Alright I'll admit it...I'm in GRAD SCHOOL and I LOVE High School Musical. I love both movies, but as far as soundtracks, I really love the 2nd one better. Maybe it's meant for girls age 6-10, but I have a really fun time rocking out to it in the car or running on the track. The songs are so upbeat and catchy...and it's just impossible to listen to them without both getting slightly addicted to the songs and putting yourself in a good mood. So, even if you aren't a huge HSM fan, if you like upbeat, fun music, this could still be the soundtrack for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon MP3 Downloads Rock!, November 12, 2008
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (MP3 Music)
I love Amazon's MP3 download service! I was in a pinch and needed some songs to load onto my daughter's MP3 player before a recent trip we took. This is one of the albums I downloaded for her. The download service was easy, quick, and rock solid. As for the album, my six year old loves it! And I love it too since it keeps her entertained for a chunk of time. She just needs to learn to not sing out load while listening to her headphones! Don't get me wrong, it is cute, but other people on the airplane didn't think so after a while...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the musical of the moment for little people, October 17, 2007
Alberto Liévano (Aragua, VENEZUELA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
My daughter was really happy when I told her that my Amazon delivery had arrived, and saw the High School Musical 2 CD in my hands. She listened it once, twice and again and again and again. My daughter has 8 years old and like this group very much . Like a father a recommend it. because is a soundtrack of a modern movie, with good music and excellent young actors, specially Ashley Tisdale and Corbin Blue. Great music CD for boys and girls , good songs! ! ! !

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Fun, November 18, 2008
This review is from: High School Musical 2 (Audio CD)
My[...] is absolutely enthralled with the High School Musical Series, she will sit there entranced every time she watches.

And of course she knows all the words to the songs and loves to dance around while pretending she is on stage. This CD adds to her repetoire and she absolutely loves it.

I have to admit, even though it is not music I would necessarily listen to, it is catchy and I find myself humming some of the tunes.

High School Musical 2
High School Musical 2 by Robbie Nevil (Audio CD - 2007)