Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 24, 2008
After the tremendous success of the first two High School Musicals, it was inevitable that a third one would come along as well. Making its debut in theaters, High School Musical 3: Senior Year is grander than ever, and it shows not only on the big screen but on the soundtrack as well.

Each song represents some of the typical events that would occur during a high school senior's year: a championship basketball game (Now or Never), prom (A Night to Remember), budding romances (Right Here, Right Now; Just Wanna Be With You), student musicals (Senior Year Spring Musical Medley), and finally, graduation (We're All in This Together). It's a timeline of how most seniors spend their last year in high school. It will probably bring back memories for parents and show children what to look forward to as they get older.

The songs this time around all sound ready for the big screen, and you can really tell by some of the orchestrations. Yes, it is meant to be pop music for pre-teens but if you listen you can hear the amount of thought put into some of the songs (pay attention to the violin arrangement during Can I Have This Dance). Of course they are still all fun and done in typical HSM fashion. While it isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does tend to get old. I feel like producers flaked out on two important songs: the Senior Year Spring Musical Medley is simply a reprise of songs earlier in the movie, and they definitely could have written a song for graduation, instead of simply re-doing a song from the first movie. But hey, I guess if it ain't broke...

The last song, conveniently titled High School Musical, might be the best song from any of the three movies, and is a fitting end to a great CD and a wonderful franchise. With the current cast, anyway. Enjoy!
on October 22, 2008
I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this CD, although I will admit that it might just be that I'm not as tech savvy as I thought I was. First of all, the Disney site lists 14 songs on this album, however it only includes the 12 songs listed here on Amazon. Maybe they cut a couple of songs at the last minute.

Second, I can't for the life of my get the digital downloads to work. When I click on the link on the CD it says "Page not available". When I try going through the Disney site it says that I have the wrong CD in.

Third, I couldn't get the free "mobile superpack" to download. When I followed the instructions included in the CD, I ended up on a page (on my phone) with lots of links, but nothing that says "download freebies here". Since I don't have unlimited data it's too expensive to just sit there trying to figure out where exactly I click to download the freebies.

As far as the songs are concerned, I think they are as good, and probably better than the last two soundtracks. It's defintely better than the disaster of the first CD where half the songs sound fake because they refused to let Zac sing. The songs sound as sincere and heartfelt as I'm sure they will look in the movie. There is a lot of Zac and Vanessa if you like them. I especially like "Right Here, Right Now" and my 6 year old son loves "Now or Never" and "A Night To Remember".

All in all, I think the soundtrack is great, but if you're buying the special edition for the freebies, I suggest saving some money and buying the regular edition. I'm thinking the one free ringtone that comes with that will be easier to get anyway.
on October 21, 2008
My daughters and I watched them film the scene from the movie last summer that included the song "Can I Have This Dance?" We got to hear Zac and Vanessa singing it live while waltzing through the trees, and it was just gorgeous. I couldn't wait for the cd to come out so I could hear it again, and my daughter and I went out and bought this on the first day. I was not disappointed, the musical quality is gorgeous!
on July 7, 2015
The High School Musical movies are a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Although I must say that the young actors and actresses they cast were very talented singers. If you like the movies buy the soundtrack!
on October 28, 2008
The third soundtrack in the High School Musical trilogy is a wonderful gift to every young person, and to everyone who wants to be young again. The songs are uniformly splendid, and range from ballad to broadway, from rock to pop, and from hip to hip-hop. They truly tell the story of the film and are much more than just a random collection of catchy tunes. This really is a musical play, and the music means a lot more to me now that I've seen the excellent film from which it comes.

Director Kenny Ortega has saved the musical play for a whole new generation, giving millions of people a close-up view of how musical theater can enrich our lives. Many people have had their lives changed for the better by his three films, and this one, unbelievably, tops the other two. Anyone who hears these songs will feel better, happier, and younger, and that's something very special in these difficult times. When I listen to this soundtrack, my only wish is that it would go on and on...but then the songs constantly play themselves in my head anyway. Brava! Or bravo!
VINE VOICEon October 25, 2008
I purchased this the morning the movie came out and when my 4th graders came to school that morning the music was blasting from my stereo. The kids recognized the voices, loved the music, and as a reward throughout the day I played different tunes between school activities. This album features some great hooks that will infect anyone who listens with tapping feat, bobbing head, and an urge to dance that doesn't quit.

Much better than HSM2, and slightly ahead of the HSM. Enjoy the music!
on August 22, 2011
I just can't stop playing this soundtrack on my ipod! The music is so fun! I can't decide which I like better, the soundtrack for HSM 3 or 2. Both are fantastic. I can't help but dance around every time "The Boys Are Back" and "Now or Never" play, and I absolutely love the sweet love song "Can I Have This Dance." If you like the movie, you'll love the soundtrack. And if you haven't seen it yet, GO SEE IT! I wish I hadn't waited so long to see the movies.
on January 25, 2009
the movie I bought came brand new, packaged carefully, and arrived quickly. highly recommend this seller.
on February 3, 2010
Great Fun! I love the insert that comes with the CD, it has pictures from the movie and it contains the words to all the songs--perfect for singing along. We also enjoy that the songs from the actual "Spring Musical" are included on the soundtrack as well--including Sharpay singing Gabriella's part and Rockman singing for Troy. It is so much fun! It is like watching the movie again and again,but this time we get to sing the parts! Definitely worth the purchase!
on November 25, 2008
I was under the impression that the DVD was the actual movie and not just a DVD of the Soundtrack. I purchased this as a birthday present for my daughter and had it brought back specially to South Africa from Chicago by my sister. My daughter's disappointment when she realised that it was not the actual movie broke my heart !!!
We are so disappointed and am quite angry at the fact that it was definately not advertised as just a soundtrack dvd.
I really look forward to your comments on this.

Many thanks
Dawn Della Martina
55 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse