Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 10, 2012
I can't speak for the durability since I just got it, but it looks extremely sturdy, and High Sierra is a well known brand for durability. The myriads of pockets and organizers are great - I count two smaller pockets (one with organizer mesh and key hook), a medium-sized space (long vertically but thinner width), and a large space which also contains the laptop sleeve. The laptop sleve is sturdy and padded (though without a lid, if you are looking for one), and the bottom and back are also padded. Zippers look durable and are easy to use. The two side pockets (not mesh) are just big enough to securely fasten a slender water bottle or keys. The back part is quite stiff (it won't crumple up when you set it on the ground), but is well-padded for comfort. Straps are comfy, and the interesting joining of the two strap to form a handle doesn't bother me too much, especially if the backpack is filled and the gravity pulls the straps away from my neck. The mesh pocket on the strap is too narrow for me to fit my smartphone, but it holds an ipod nano or an school ID/bus pass nicely.

Be aware that this backpack is quite big (2230in), and is on the heavier side (I would guess about 2.2lbs?). It fits my needs for carrying a lot of stuff for a long day at school or a short camping trip, but it is quite big on my small-medium build (5'4). I got the navy/white armor/leafy green on which the navy looks more gray-blue, but you can't beat the $26 price and overall I'm happy with my purchase.
on January 20, 2012
I've been looking for a bookbag that's cute, but sturdy and fairly cheap. I settled on the green one, which looks great. The pros are that it holds all my books for college along with my laptop (it has it's own sleeve inside)and I can usually manage to stuff a lunchbox inside. It doesn't really even look that full either. It has plenty of compartments for just about everything, including a mesh one on the strap for something small. The loops on the ends of the straps are nice too; makes it easier to adjust them. It also appears to be waterproof so far. The cons are that although there's a nice section inside for the laptop, the side closest to the back is NOT padded. It makes the back really straight and kind of uncomfortable. Pair that with strange handle at the top (it connects the straps together), and it makes wearing it a little aggravating. I guess the bag might be made for a guy, but also the way the straps lay on my body is a little constricting... I don't regret this purchase, but I am a little disappointed in the bag itself.
on September 13, 2013
I ordered this backpack about 2 weeks ago for my college books and binders.
Pros
-Limited Lifetime Warranty!!!
-It easily accommodates 2 legit sized books and 3 1" binders.
-Manages heavy loads well (about 15lbs feels heavy but doesn't dig into your shoulders)
-Very comfortable(the back is well padded)
-Great color
-Compression straps work well and don't flop around
-The main compartment also has a laptop pouch which feels well padded.
-The front U shaped pouch has a great organizer with plenty of room.
-The smaller pouch above the organizer seems like it could hold 2 folded sweatshirts if I wanted, but no binders(the opening is too narrow).
-Smallest pouch on the bottom fits an Iphone(or any other cell phone) easily but not a TI-84

Cons-None, just the shoulder straps by the neck are connected and take a little getting used to.

Overall I would recommend this backpack to my friends and family.
on June 4, 2012
Great backpack. Plenty of room for everything and interior keeps things organized. I carry my ipad in the large compartment which is separated with a padded divider, keeping it well protected and leaves plenty of room for lots of other things.
on January 4, 2014
I bought this for my 6 year old when he started first grade. It's been about 4 months and it's holding up very well. Last year we bought two charter backpacks that broke within a few weeks. It's worth spending the extra money.
on January 5, 2014
This backpack is exactly what i thought it would be when i ordered it. It's comfortable and it supports a lot of weight very well. It's big enough for all my college textbooks and i use it all the time. the quality is great as well.
on November 24, 2015
This backtpack had way too many nooks and crannies. I couldn't find my stuff. On top of that, it kept falling over. I returned it and got a swiss gear. I love it so much better. It also has a lot of compartments, but at least they are separated by zippers so I can find things. Lastly, the color wasn't bad, but it didn't pop like it does when looking at it on the computer. It's a little more blah in person
on January 21, 2015
Love this backpack. The handle on top is perfect for carrying. I took a trip to Switzerland and this was my carry-on bag. Standing in line at the airport I was "very happy" to have the top handle. Made it easy to move along with me in line. I have to say I carried it more than I wore it.
I also LOVE all the compartments.
on July 27, 2014
Seems durable so far.
I don't like the middle pocket, it is oddly shaped and hard to zip with only one zipper. The whole bag isn't as sturdy as I would like, it kind of collapses when not full//in use. If I would have seen it in person I would have purchased a different one.
The color is nice and the side pockets are very deep and secure. I don't worry about losing anything with this bag.
on July 21, 2015
Best purchase I have ever made on Amazon. This bag is fantastic! I was a college student and it carried everything i ever needed, laptop, lunch, and books! It was never uncomfortable to carry and has withstood the test of time. So great I bought my 6th grader one too!

See 1 answered question