5.0 out of 5 stars Love this backpack!
Published 24 months ago by fourkidsliz

2.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was great until I looked at it a little closer
Pros:
Love the expandability and all the pockets. Seems durable.

Cons:
I first noticed that the zipper on the main pocket was hard to zip over the top, even if there was nothing in it. I thought the flap was maybe a teensy bit too tight, or too stiff... and that it would improve with use.
Then I noticed that the odd little velcro pouch that...
Published 21 months ago by N. Stephan

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this backpack!, January 1, 2013
This review is from: High Sierra Access Backpack (Sports)
I went looking online for this specific backpack. Bought it at Dicks 2 years ago for about twice the price. We bought this for one reason, it is the largest backpack we could find (in cubic inches). My daughter lugs almost 40 lbs of books a day back and forth to school (and soccer and track practices) and this backpack fit them nicely and held up for over one school year. I am surprised it lasted that long with the abuse it took, Eventually it was a zipper that gave out but the material was still in great shape. I bought one for my son too for this school year, before replacing my daughters. The backpack also has an attached rain cover built in at the bottom that you can unvelcro and pull over the backpack when it's raining. This was especially useful when the backpack was lugged to her sports practices. I would highly recommend this for someone looking for a very durable backpack at a reasonable price...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Vell Made - Highly Recommended, December 25, 2012
This review is from: High Sierra Access Backpack (Sports)
This "High Sierra Access Backpack" is well designed and quite sturdy, making it perfect for my daughter's college book and laptop load. We bought this to replace the backpack provided the college when it finally gave out after two years of abuse.

Here are my observations:

+ Quality; this is made from good material and is well constructed
+ Design; lots of conveniently placed pockets
+ Comfort; nicely padded and distributes weight
+ Size; nicely sized for 15" laptops (a 17" would fit) and sundry school supplies
+ Rain Cover; stores nicely in dedicated compartment on bottom of pack

There really isn't anything we don't like with the design, functionality, or durability.

Highly Recommended!

CFH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Backpack!!!, December 14, 2012
Backpack was purchased for college student with heavy books. Bag is very durable with secure straps. Bag has lots of room for books, laptop, water, etc. and also stylish. May purchase a second backpack as a gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was great until I looked at it a little closer, March 17, 2013
Pros:
Love the expandability and all the pockets. Seems durable.

Cons:
Then I noticed that the odd little velcro pouch that comes with it was sewn lazily and thus is too small (and lopsided) for anything to go in it. Not sure what it was intended for... a tiny cellphone or walkie-talkie?
But I recently put the backpack to the test, on two small (week-long) trips. Both involved carrying it through the airport; the latter involved carting my laptop around as I attended conference sessions. And that's when I figured out - something is very wrong with this pack. My back hurt quite a bit, but I thought I just hadn't gotten the straps adjusted right. When I took it off, and turned it around so I was looking at the part that touches your back, where the straps are attached, I realized that they are sewn on crooked. There is no way the pack can balance properly, or zip shut elegantly (see above).

I have to say, I'm disappointed in myself - that I didn't notice this right off the bat. I'm usually more vigilant, especially when purchasing online. But I'm even more disappointed in High Sierra, that they would let such a product pass inspection and be sold. I would be wary of buying any of their products now...

1.0 out of 5 stars Seams are ripping!, January 6, 2013
We purchased this pack in sept. for 7th grade. In early December the zipper seams starting ripping! He doesn't overload the pack with heavy books. I noticed the thread that they used to stitch with is not heavy duty.....
Very disappointed. I thought it would last the school year at least

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack!, June 8, 2013
This review is from: High Sierra Access Backpack (Sports)
I am in grad school and carry a HUGE binder. This bag fits my school stuff, big water bottle, all my lunch items. Lots of pockets and very durable. I love that it came with a waterproof cover for commuting by bike. Love this color, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 17, 2013
Huge bag great for college. Suspension system makes the load feel significantly less. One of the pockets on the right side of the bag can only be opened from a side zipper. It only can be opened on that side and it is slightly cumbersome if you have stuff stored you want to access you things quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack!, March 28, 2013
I travel for work and need to carry a laptop at all times. In addition, I try to never check a bag. This backpack works great for overflow from my carryon suitcase while still holding my laptop, notepads, charging cords and other items needed for travel. It is comfortbale to wear and perfect for that run through the airport to catch a connecting flight. The color is bright and distinct. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars large but sturdy, December 4, 2012
This review is from: High Sierra Access Backpack (Sports)
i had a sierra suitcase and wanted something sturdy. they also back up their products. great color and lots of room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way too much stuff!, September 1, 2012
This review is from: High Sierra Access Backpack (Sports)
This backpack rocks! Fit all my daughter's stuff from books to field hockey equip. Had the last one for 5 years before the zipper died. Love it!