1,539 Reviews
 (1,016)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Comfortable
Don't let the size fool you! The multiple compartments that give you plenty of room. It's easy to put on/take off especially since I ride the Metro so I'm not breaking my back trying to get it off.
It has adjustable straps so you can pretty much tailor it to your frame to make it as comfortable as possible.
The back pack also holds up well in rain; amazingly...
Published on March 18, 2011 by Anisa

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Control Problem
Published 20 months ago by MyBeesWax

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Control Problem, April 22, 2013
MyBeesWax "A Music Fan" (The Heart of the Golden State) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
Six months after I bought the High Sierra Loop Backpack, one of the shoulder straps started ripping apart at the seam, and the zipper to the front pocket had broken off (the backpack was gently used). I think the high ratings for this backpack may be due to early user experiences. This backpack (my copy of it at least) isn't very durable. Note, too, that I bought the backpack from Amazon direct, NOT from a third party seller.

I've had JanSport backpacks that have held up to *years* of heavy use. If you're looking for something more durable, you might want to spend a little more to get a JanSport or a The North Face backpack (both of which are renowned for their quality and durability).

You may, however, opt to buy this backpack anyway since this backpack has received mostly positive reviews and my experience may be an isolated instance. Here are the specifications to help you decide whether this backpack is right for you:

Compartments
------------
● 2 Side Pockets
Each of the two side pockets has an elastic band and see-through mesh netting. Each pocket is an ideal place for putting a water bottle, a pair of hiking poles, or even a tripod. I use one of the pockets for a camera tripod and the other for a water bottle when I'm out shooting.

● 3 zippered compartments
There are 3 other zippered compartments besides the main zippered compartment.

1. The largest of the compartments (located in front of the backpack) has lots of pockets for putting your calculator, cell phone, stationery, etc. It has plenty of room; it will fit 3 or 4 small paperback books, just to give you a rough idea of its size. There's a hook for attaching your keychain too.

2. The topmost compartment has an opening for threading the wire of a pair of headphones/earphones through so you can listen to music while the MP3 player is safely stowed away in the compartment.

● Water-Resistant Lining
The insides are lined with nylon, which makes backpack water-resistant.

o NO Hydration Compartment
The backpack is NOT hydration compatible (i.e. you can't use it with a hydration bladder -- without modification at least). There is no pocket to hold a hydration bladder, and no outlet for the tube from the hydration bladder. I did modify the backpack by cutting a small hole in the pocket of the topmost compartment so I can thread a hydration tube through the hole, and then through the opening (meant originally for the wire of a pair of headphones/earphones). Still, the lack of a pocket means the hydration bladder can slump over, which will interfere with the flow of water from the bladder to the tube.

Size
----
● The High Sierra site lists the size as follows:

Size: 19.5" x 14.5" x 8.250"
Capacity: 1949 cubic inches

It's a bit bigger than the smallest backpacks but not too big. Personally, the size of this backpack suits me *perfectly*. I wanted a backpack with plenty of room to carry the essentials but not one that is over-sized and clumsy.

Straps
------
● Shoulder Straps
The shoulder straps are very comfortable even with a heavy/fully-loaded backpack. It has an elastic pocket for putting your cell phone so you always have your cell phone within easy reach.

● Bottom Straps
The bottom of the backpack has a pair of straps for strapping on additional equipment you need to bring along.

● Side Compression Straps
The side compression straps can be used in tandem with the side pockets to keep your stuff safely secured.

o NO Sternum Strap & Waist Strap
This backpack has NO sternum strap (also known as a chest strap) and NO waist strap. For full-on hiking, this backpack may not be the ideal choice. If you're hiking for long periods, you *need* to have a sternum strap for keeping the shoulder straps in a position on your shoulders most comfortable to you, and you *need* a waist strap to distribute some of the load from your shoulders to your waist.

---
The High Sierra Loop Backpack is a medium-sized backpack that has plenty of pockets. You can use it for school, camping, and light hiking, or as a general purpose daypack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Comfortable, March 18, 2011
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
The back pack also holds up well in rain; amazingly well!
I love the color too; it goes with pretty much everything :)

My only concern is that the zippers are super accessible and that can be an issue especially in packed areas such as the Metro. I typically remove it and can hold it from the upper handle ...sort of like a brief case until I'm out of "sticky fingers" way :)

All in all, GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a trip to Disney, June 10, 2012
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
We bought for our vacation to Disney and could not have been happier. The back pack held everything we needed for a day in the park. The large staps made it comforable to carry around all day. I looked for backpacks in retail stores and they were around $65 for the same nylon weight, so this was a great deal. I would recommend this back pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Diaper Bag we have! :), January 15, 2013
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
My wife was looking for a diaper bag and couldn't find a bag pack style she liked. She decided to buy three different back packs and try them instead. Good Idea! We liked this one the most because it was a small frame, good for a smaller person,like a woman or young adult and it had a lot of storage for the size. The backpack has a lot of storage for the size and we easily fit TWO of all the baby stuff we need to go out for the day. I have carried it a couple of times and I like it a lot. I would recommend it for a school back pack,day pack for hiking or a Diaper bag :).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for College, July 18, 2013
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
This is a great bag! Perfect for what I needed! I am a junior in college and the bag works perfect! I recommend this bag. It fits my books well. I don't carry a heavy load, but I don't carry a light load of books either. The straps are very comfortable. This zippers work well. The side pockets are perfect for a water bottle and an umbrella, on the opposite side. The compartments are large, as well. I really like the color even though it is white. I was afraid it might reveal dirt easily, but it seems to not show. the material is durable and I suspect it will see me through the rest of my two years! Great value, great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack!, May 4, 2013
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
I am in nursing school so I have to carry a lot of large books, this bag could not be more perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars heavy duty, July 10, 2013
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
Got this for college for my 2nd semester .. look just like the picture i take it with me everywhere the quality is great on it haven't had any problem with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack for the $$, August 23, 2012
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
I wanted a new bag to carry all my workout stuff to the gym and sometimes stuff for the beach. It is perfect for that. It is not too big and has lots of compartments and zippers. Its fabric appears tough yet it is a very nice looking backpack. The straps are nicely padded, comfy and very adjustable. I believe this will get lots of use. I am very happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just needed a backpack, July 6, 2013
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
I have had other school bags but finally had to get a backpack that could hold a lot of weight and still be comfortable enough for me to carry around. It has a ton of storage for all of the miscellaneous things I need for classes.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Wonderful Product, December 7, 2012
This review is from: High Sierra Loop Backpack (Sports)
I had purchased a very cheap backpack from Rite Aid, that didn't even have a brand name associated, and law school tore it to shreds in two weeks. Wish I could have gotten my money back! This backpack was not only a good price but an incredible value. Hasn't shown any signs of wear or tear and it's gotten a lot of use.