Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 10, 2011
This suitcase is terrific! I bought it to replace my 25" Olympia suitcase which weighs 15lbs EMPTY. This 25" High Sierra El wheeled upright is half the weight, holds the same capacity, has 2 convenient outside pockets, good rolling wheels, and a zippered compartment to secure the push/pull handle when not needed (like carrying the suitcase cuz it's not too heavy even when packed). I'm very happy with this piece of luggage
on January 24, 2011
this luggage is high quality, very rugged, durable and is a nice looking set of luggage compared to other boring brands. it is light weight as advertised. this is my 2nd set of high sierra luggage. my 1st set lasted over 12 years that included a lot of travel for both my husbands work and for our personal use. it held up exceedingly well considering the abuse it took over the years and that is why we purchased from this company again. hope this helps with your decision to buy this product.
on October 20, 2011
we needed replacement bag that was very light and durable that could hold more than a carry-on but still not weighing a ton when empty or filled. Also we needed a bag that didn't tip over when filled and standing up like our older bag. We had some luggage that was named featherlight but these empty bags were heavy. This did a great job on the last six flights when checked held up to the typical abuse for checked bags. I was very impressed and will buy another set to replace older bags. The only concern is the handle when fully extended seems a little flimsy but the main thing we wanted was a larger bag but still light.
on May 17, 2012
I have avoided a wheeled suitcase for years having enjoyed a duffel. However, as I progressed in age it was time to let some wheels shoulder the burden. I wanted to stay light and the High Sierra El Series 25 inch wheeled upright was my choice. My first impression was very good but by the end of my first trip the zipper stitching on the corner of the main compartment flap started to unravel. Now, on my second trip, the zipper has come loose entirely. Durability is obviously a problem and purchasing this luggage should be avoided. The unit is going to be returned after my current trip.
on September 23, 2012
I like High Sierra, and this is a good piece of luggage with a couple of weak spots. It's a square 25" bag, with lots of room. Its very light, I can put a weeks worth of cloths, dopp kit, and c-pap machine in it and still be under 50 lbs. Material is sturdy and resists airline/airport damage. Handle opens to 2 positions, great for short or tall people.
The biggest weakness(and cost them 1 star) is the zippers. The material around the zipper frays, causing occasional jamming of the zipper. The frayed thread can be trimmed off but it's a pain and should not be necessary. You also need to hold the top slightly open when closing the bag empty or the zipper gets out of line. I fly with this bag 4-6 times a year, and use it weekly travelling by vehicle. There is some fraying on the piping but otherwise it's wearing well after a year. I own the 22" companion bag to this and have had non of the problems with that size. If they would use a better zipper this would be a nearly perfect bag,as it is, at Amazon prices it a really good buy.
VINE VOICEon December 12, 2011
I travel for work a lot. Most of my trips are 4 to 5 days long. This is the perfect sized suitcase for my needs. It's large enough that I can pack sweaters, jeans, toiletries and a couple pairs of shoes to last me a week but not so big that there is much extra room. Getting though the airport is easy because you won't have to worry about being over weight (less you pack it full of books or lead pipes or something). It has shown no damage after being tossed around by baggage handlers several times. I purchased the lava color. The color is easy to spot on the carousel and isn't a color that you see in many other suitcases. The handle on the side makes it very easy to get in and out of trunks. Very pleased with this purchase. Seems like this suitcase will withstand the kind of beatings I subject my luggage to routinely.
on August 5, 2011
This is a well built bag and light in weight. Soft handles on this bag are better than the hard ones found on most other bags. Good aesthetics as well. We bought the green one. Its a bit brigher in realiy than what appears on my screen. Would have preferred if it was a bit more muted in tone. The only drawback is the that there's no extension zipper. Great value for the price overall.
on August 16, 2014
I purchased this High Sierra 25 inch rolling upright some time ago from another discount luggage website and I've used it on four separate journeys already. I've read quite a few of the posted reviews here on Amazon. For the most part I agree heartily with what others have said. At this point in time, when this item is now a discontinued model, it is a particularly good time to purchase. Rather than reiterate what others have said I want to draw attention to another significant fact regarding this rolling luggage. If you check the description carefully you will note that it is manufactured using two different fabrics made from NYLON. This is important because nylon is generally used by more high-scale makers of luggage, such as Eagle Creek, Bric's and Briggs & Riley. Nylon is the superior fiber because it is stronger and tougher than the more common (and much cheaper) polyester. This is not to say that polyester is not a fine, durable, wear-resistant fiber. It is used by many well known (but lower quality) manufacturers like Travelpro, Samsonite. American Tourister and Dakine. It is also used quite a bit by High Sierra as well. So first consider that in buying this and a few other pieces currently on sale here at Amazon you are getting a higher quality, tougher, more durable fabric. Now consider that because it is being discontinued that you can purchase this item for less than half of a similar sized/functioning (and discounted) piece from Eagle Creek. It would cost you at least three times as much to buy a similar piece by Briggs & Riley or Victorinox of Switzerland. That means that when you purchase this you are getting a super value for your money, as well an an item likely to outlast other, cheaper manufacturers product. And in today's American economy Value if the name of the game. So, if you're looking to replace or add to your equipment this is a very fine choice. Beyond that, as others have commented, it is very well made, versatile and well designed -with the exception of the zipper problems others have noted. I found the fabric on the inside corners frayed easily when zipped and really is a design flaw. I do recommend you be careful when zipping shut. And unfortunately, keep the frayed ends trimmed. That's why I only gave 4 stars. I have it in RED so it's also easy to find in a crowded airport.
on November 10, 2015
First off I'll say the bag was made pretty well. I was kind of surprised because I was rolling the dice on this HS bag after seeing some others in person. The corner protectors and the kick plate seem solid. The material is pretty nice too. Having the tow strap is a great plus. The warranty card that came with it said limited lifetime, not 5 years. So a lot of people talk about the "sticky zipper". It's not sticky but I see what they are talking about. When you are rounding the corner it kind of sticks. But it's not the zipper. It's because the material in the inside of the bag is a little bunched in the corners so it gets slowed down. Kind of annoying but I'm hoping it breaks in and goes away. Over all the bag seems solid. For those of us that travel a decent amount and are rough on bags it's perfect. I can look past the zipper, but the one problem I have with the bag is that it's not a 25" bag. I guess if you count from the top to the wheels it is, but the interior measurement is 23". For that I'm deducting a star. In the next 6 months I have 3-4 trips planned so I'll post updates occasionally.
review image review image
on April 13, 2012
Purchased this bag for a recent trip to LA. Easy to roll around, easy to spot in the luggage carousel, not a scratch during the trip, looks like it's built tough. It was a little disappointing when the interior was actually smaller than it looks from the outside, but at least I know the contents are protected.