From the Publisher
Focused on the field of knowledge lying between digital and analog circuit theory, this new text will help engineers workng with digital systems shorten their latest design problems. The scope of the material covered includes signal reflection, crosstalk, and noise problems which occur in high speed digital machines ( above 10 megahertz). This volume will be of practical use to digital logic designers, sstaff and senior communitions scientist, and all those interested in digital design.
From the Back Cover
Focusing on a combination of digital and analog circuit theory, this comprehensive volume will help engineers who work with digital systems, shorten their product development cycles, and fix their latest high-speed design problems.
- Covers signal reflection, crosstalk, and noise problems that occur in high-speed digtal machines (above 10 megahertz).
- lncludes checklists that ask the questions an experienced designer would about a new system.
- Offers useful formulas for inductance, capacitance, resistance, rise time, and Q.
- Explains the trade-offs between signal cross talk, mechanical fabrication of tolerances, and trace routing density.
- Presents a methodology for determining how many layrs will be required to route a printed circuit board.