Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on July 2, 2010
I bought these overshoes because they've served me well in the past and nothing is better than a rubber overshoe for dry feet. They work in wet grass all day long and are best used in heavy rain. Good traction on most surfaces EXCEPT wood. These overshoes fit over just about any footwear. I've used them over my bulky hiking boots without any trouble. If you're between 10 and a half or 11 foot size I would recommend buying a large. Great product!
0Comment87 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2010
I've used Tingley overshoes for years and like them. I suppose a criticism is that they're slippery, but all overshoes are--there's no easy way to put cleats in something floppy. A bigger criticism, though, is that they've changed their sizing. I used to wear size large and now I wear size medium, over exactly the same shoes (43N Birkenstock Arizonas)--a fairly annoying change when buying by mail.

Added Feb 2013: One of these now has a hole in it, after 2.5 years. I'm pretty sure these used to last longer.
0Comment44 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2011
I tried a number of those "duck shoes" you see everywhere, even the well built L.L. Bean shoes. They just didn't fit right. I purchased these but was a bit skeptical, however, to my surprise, these rubber overshoe protectors are very versatile. Thick & tough enough against the elements, yet pliable to get over a shoe. I certainly wouldn't hike on rocky trails with these, but I was impressed. Nice about these, I could take them off with relative ease if going into a house and not worry about tracking in dirt and grime. Easy to clean and store in my truck tool box. I am between a 10.5 and 11, so the extra large was perfect.
11 comment35 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2012
After reading the reviews regarding sizing problems, I decided to call Tingley directly before ordering the overshoes. I was told by the Tingley rep that I would need a size Large overshoe to fit my size 11 1/2 sneaker. However, the Large was too small, so I had to send the overshoe back and order a size Extra Large. For some reason, the Extra Large was sold by a different vendor than the one that sold the Large. The vendor for the Extra Large did not qualify for Prime shipping, so I now have to wait about 10 days to receive the replacement overshoe.
22 comments35 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2011
I bought the "large" size as recommended for wearing over my size 9 1/2 running shoes. The rubber overshoes appear bigger than I'm used to, but they're easy to put on and take off and they are strong and pliable. They work well!
on January 15, 2011
I've used the overshoes several times over the past month. They are well made and work good. The only downside is that I have a hard time putting them on. I wear a size 8 show so I thought the size 8/9 would be the right size. I'm not sure it was.
on April 9, 2010
These overshoes protect your feet much better than Tingley Trims, and they are less likely to tear. However, they do look kind of silly.

Tingley used to produce a high top overshoe that is not so wide by the toe. But, I haven't been able to find them the last few years.
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2011
These are a good choice for those looking to protect shoes. My first pair lasted four or five years before the rubber tore. The heel comes up a little higher than on some overshoes, giving a bit more protection in puddles or snow. Rubber significantly improves traction on ice, compared to hard-soled shoes.
My first pair seemed a little small, so I went with an extra large, but that was a mistake--they're really big. I guess the lesson is to follow the sizing recommendations given on the website.
on March 3, 2013
I ordered the size suggested - a large - to fit women's 9.5-11 shoes. The shoe covers that arrived were ENORMOUS - like clown shoe floppy and nowhere near fitting a women's 9.5-11. I was very disappointed.
on January 31, 2012
Husband wears a 9-1/2 shoes so I ordered up based upon other reviews and received the 11-12.5 size (XL). They fit well over his work shoes and he is very pleased.