5.0 out of 5 stars Don't understand why people hate it
Published on January 17, 2011 by Scoots

1.0 out of 5 stars The box is empty and the disc is not appear
I bought the game at the 21 of march for my child, and leave it with his other games, but today when I go to unpack the game just to play and opened de box ohhhh surprise.... the box is empty and the disc game is not, so I need that my pay is returned or you be send again the game with the disc... is very sad this situation
Published 4 months ago by jhonnatan salgado

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't understand why people hate it, January 17, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: High Velocity Bowling (Motion Control) - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I will admit.... the first half hour of playing it was frustrating. But after an hour I was bowling consistently and getting scores similar to what I do in real life. In real bowling you don't actually "throw" the ball. you let the weight of the ball do the work as you roll. It's a very similar feel here. You have to play for a while before you figure out the "feel" for spin. once you do, this game is a BLAST. It's actually challenging and semi realistic. It takes into consideration release point for most of the speed, not the fact you can whip a controller 100mph. The characters are a little annoying (sometimes borderline racist) but comical for the most part (and you can skip the clips when your character talks so dont have to listen if you dont want to. The only real complaint I have other than the semi annoying characters is the fact there is no instruction or training modes. However there are little hints that appear on the sides of the screen to help. Play free play for a few hours (making sure you pay attention to the hints on the sides of the screen) and you'll have it down. I also like how there are a lot of characters to choose from (each with their own strengths) and a lot of different balls to pick from depending on if you want a lot of spin or not. Even different "oil patterns" on the lanes that effect the movement. This really is a well put together game and the physics are much more accurate than people give credit for. Don't give a game 1 star, just because you can't pick it up and be instantly good at it. If that what you want, buy a Wii. If you want it to be EXACTLY like real bowling, put a bowling alley in your house. This is not a 1 star game BY FAR. I can understand 3 or 4 for certain reasons. Don't rate a game 1 star just because you're terrible at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Infinitely better than Brunswick Pro Bowling, March 19, 2011
David Mills (Huntington, WV) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I first purchased Brunswick Pro Bowling for PS3. It was horrible, as my 1-star review here on Amazon describes. Being a huge bowling fan, I still wanted to find a good bowling game. I then purchased this game and was given the gaming experience that I originally sought. Plus, this game works wonderfully on a 3D TV, though you certainly don't have to have such a TV for the game to work. It's just like real bowling, except perhaps a little more creative. Unlike Brunswick Pro Bowling, this game does allow you to use two separate Move controllers for two different players. You aren't forced to pass-and-play if you don't want to do so. So if you're wanting a good bowling game and are trying to decide between this one and Brunswick Pro Bowling, you'll definitely prefer this one. It's not even a close call. You might also want to read my review of Brunswick Pro Bowling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the family, January 11, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game a few days ago since Sports Champions does not have bowling. If you are expecting Wii Bowling than the reviewers are right it is nothing like it. I find this game to be a lot more accurate with your arm motion. You actually have to have some skill to play this game and practice to get better. The characters are kinda goofy, but fun. My wife played with the character "Milan" who seems to be the "Paris Hilton" of the game.

The one thing that bothers me is I am left handed and it seems the spin only reacts as if you are right handed. Other than that our family continues to enjoy this game. I would recommend it to others.

1.0 out of 5 stars The box is empty and the disc is not appear, March 27, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Crack open the Bud, October 20, 2010
Fan Outwest (Central California) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you can remember all those long years ago when Ten Pin Alley came out for the PSX then you'll remember that games was a lot of fun with goofy characters and great physics. This game has great game play and can be played with out the move controller. I haven't experienced the game yet with the move controller but I will update the review as so as I do. I did mark the overall rating down one star because the games control seems a little bit more complex after they added the move feature to it. It is still is a load of fun to play and the characters are great there's one for everybody. If you have ever been in a bowling league or even just in a center chances are you have run into one of these characters. I could swear I heard some one ordering a Budwieser in the background. This game can't be compared to Brunswick Pro Bowling as it has more simulation aspects to it then you have here but graphically it is superior to BPB in everyway. HVB has a great selection of balls and a couple of different outfits to be worn but that is about it as far as extra's for your bowler go. You will have a great time with family and friends with this game. So what are you waiting for go hit the lanes!

5.0 out of 5 stars SON is a bowler and loves this!, January 4, 2013
My son purchased this off the internet before he realized that it was under the Christmas tree. He downloaded it out of the Playstation store. When he got the disk, he was sure it would be returned, but... the disk had different information than the simple download did. Great price on Amazon and great game- especially for a 21-year-old college student that is a bowling major. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the negative reviews!!!!!, May 10, 2014
First of all, I don't see why there are negative reviews for this game. It is extremely fun. The characters are hysterical, gameplay is great, graphics are crisp and colorful. You don't need the ps move controller either. The ps3 controller works fine. You grip it similarly to how you'd grip an actual bowling ball. It's very accurate and responsive. You can adjust for speed, spin and bowler placement prior to your release. Some say the characters are extremely stereotypical. Guess what? They sure are! You've even got a midget, ir shall I say "little person" to bowl with. That's what makes this game so zany and original. If you find these characters to be stereotypical or racist, don't buy it, simple as that. There is also unlockable characters, balls and clothing. Take part in tournaments, head to head bowling, trick shot challenges and online play as well!(although nobody was online playing it today! Probably because the game is several years old) I don't care what anyone says, this game is fun and is far better than Nintendo's Wii bowling anyday of the year!! It will definitely have you laughing as well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, March 19, 2014
This bowling game is great fun with all the charectors and different locations. The challenges are fun too. Tricks are a great challenge.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, February 23, 2014
This is more of a funky game - not a true game or selection of "normal games" I would not recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars For a gift it's OK!, January 21, 2014
I purchased this PS3 game for a gift and it was a good gift, the game is funny, and the 3D effects it's OK.

High Velocity Bowling (Motion Control) - Playstation 3
High Velocity Bowling (Motion Control) - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$19.99 $10.73