"High Visibility brilliantly captures the how, why, and what of the celebrity-building process." -- Al Reis, bestselling author of Positioning and Marketing Warfare
"High Visibility is the Bible, the Das Kapital, the Origin of Species of the infant science of celebritology." -- Peter Carlson, Washington Post
From the Back Cover
Since the first edition of this groundbreaking book, high visibility has become a world-wide phenomenon. No longer limited to the entertainment sector, visibility seeking--the process of creating and managing one's public persona--has expanded to the business and professional world. World-renowned communications and marketing experts Irving Rein and Philip Kotler were the first to establish high visibility marketing and communication as a sophisticated industry, presenting new insights into achieving fame. Now, in this highly anticipated new edition, Rein, Kotler, and coauthors Michael Hamlin and Martin Stoller show you how you can utilize visibility to reap rich benefits and maximize your success no matter what profession you are in.
High Visibility unlocks the mysterious enigma of visibility and explains how this industry has evolved to help you achieve personal brand distinction in your professional life. You'll discover how people are seeking to become brands, how the current culture and trends have affected brand building, and the problems and solutions for attaining personal and professional brand recognition.
Based on hundreds of examples and case studies of personal and professional brands from all walks of life--from Donald Trump to Oprah Winfrey to the high-profile executive--High Visibility reveals the sophisticated marketing techniques used to become a recognized brand. This timely new edition also
- Updates the critical section on transformation--brand generation, testing, refinement, realization, distribution, and sustaining--to reflect the current marketplace
- Reflects the different motivations and needs of those seeking high visibility
- Integrates new technology and use of the Web in visibility seeking
- Introduces the strategies used by successful professionals to sustain high visibility over the long term
Today, it's not just what you know or who you know--it's who knows you. High Visibility is the difference between being just a member of the crowd and becoming a highly recognized individual.
The classic guide to personal and public image making--now updated for the digital age
The groundbreaking, critically acclaimed original edition of High Visibility established celebrity--the creating and managing of one's public persona--to be a critical factor in achieving personal and professional success and status. Now, in this new third edition, international communication expert Irving Rein, international marketing guru Philip Kotler, and coauthors Michael Hamlin and Martin Stoller show you how to achieve and benefit from high visibility--in any profession!
This revised and updated edition features:
- Ways to redefine your image, grow a business, promote a platform, and create new opportunities with personal and professional branding
- Transformation techniques that can shape your personality and brand--updated to reflect the current marketplace
- Ways to use new technologies and the Web to enhance your brand
- New examples of personal brands from Donald Trump, Martha Stewart, Dr. Phil, Oprah Winfrey, and Warren Buffett
"High Visibility brilliantly captures the how, why, and what of the celebrity-building process."
--Al Reis, bestselling author of Positioning and Marketing Warfare
"High Visibility is the Bible, the Das Kapital, the Origin of Species of the infant science of celebritology."
--Peter Carlson, Washington Post