Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 24, 2000
This dandy little book shares the keys of understanding college biostatistics with you. It's what you need to know to pass exams, boards and the like. It provides clear instruction on the essentials of descriptive and inferential statistics, hypothesis testing, correlational techniques, research methods, and statistics in epidemiology. For those who struggle with beginning and intermediate statistics classes, it's a jewel.
on June 15, 2004
I first encountered this book when it was called "Biostatistics for the Boards" when I took the course from Dr. Glaser when he was teaching at the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine in 1990. Dr. Glaser was an exceptionally good and popular teacher and the book reflects his "no-nonsense" style. At first I thought it was a "dumbed down" statistics book as I had taken a full year of stats in college and my previous books had been huge and heavy textbooks. However, I soon found that the reason Dr. Glaser's book was so brief was that he concentrates only on the type of concepts and questions you will find on the USMLE step 1. The chapters are short and it is easy to review each one many times to firmly plant the info into long term memory. I had no problems at all with the stats on the USMLE. This book presents exactly what you need to answer all the questions on the USMLE without having you waste a lot of time studying things you will never use.
on December 13, 2003
Are you one of those people that are scared of Biostatistics? Fear no more!! This book is for you. It explains everything in a very smart and simple way. Plenty of examples and tests help you to master the subject. If you study this book well, you will "understand" biostatistics and you don't have to memorize nonsense informations. two thumbs up!
on March 18, 2013
I used this to cram for my biostatistics class as an MS1, and the material is very well explained and gives nice questions at the end of each section. I am glad that I read this, and I didn't take any formal statistics class in college other than the crash course statistics in my upper division science classes. Great read and I will see how well I am prepared for the USMLE once I take it next year~
on December 27, 2012
This book is a great complement for any biostatistics book. Always a quick reference guide. Easy to understand with great examples. Very solid examples and graphs that are applicable to real-life public health situations. Great for use in any public health setting.
on September 23, 2013
I like the price of the book, but I wish the company had more accurate description of the condition of the book. The book has way more highlighting and writing than the company said on its website. If I new it, I would not have bought it.
on December 30, 2012
It helped me with some of my test questions but I just wish it had more examples to use for practice. I really have no major complaints...I would use this text as a supplement for other books because I'm sure there are better ones available on the market.
on August 5, 2008
Let's face it, you need to know Biostatistics/Epidemiology to do well on the USMLE and this book is just what most students need, to know the concepts that are repeatedly tested on the exam. I'd recommend this book to anyone. I only give it 4 stars because the writing, at times, may get a little hard to understand.
on January 10, 2014
I just wrote my Step 1. The 'insignificant' biostatistics component of the exam was either too simple or too complicated. This book has too much information. First Aid covers almost all the concepts. Just do UW and Kaplan questions and you are good to go. Spending too much time on such a low-yield subject is actually counter-productive
on June 20, 2010
I am a current medical student who had to "suffer" through the rigors of biostatistics! This book used simple language and relatable examples, that somehow managed to simplify a topic I usually find quite complicated. I not only benefited by doing extremely well on exams, but I am definitely more prepared to interpret medical papers and other types of applications where statistics can be purposefully misleading. I can say I feel comfortable with t-tests and chi-square analyses, when I used to be scared of the words. This book will provide you with a solid foundation of the basics, and then expand on some of the more complicated applications. Dr. Glaser has the unique perspective of being a practicing physican, who no only had to pass the medical boards, but who has to deal with medical applications of statistics on a daily basis. This experience has obviously benefited his skillful delivery of the needed facts all medical students need to know; it will help you pass the STEP exams, and it will help you be a better doctor!