Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2011 6:37:03 PM PST
I am confused as to why the cost of a Kindle book is higher than what I would pay to buy the book new at Wal-mart. I was under the impression this was a cheaper alternative but the Kindle prices for new paperbacks are more than 75% of the list price which is what Wal-Mart charges.

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 6:39:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2011 6:40:36 PM PST
Pat Browning says:
Most of those high prices are set by publishers who don't know better. At least it's my opinion they are shooting themselves in the foot. I don't have an e-reader but I download e-books to my PC. As far as most books are concerned, I won't pay a Kindle price that's as high as the print version of a book.
Pat Browning
Author of Absinthe of Malice
$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 2:43:30 PM PST
I am totally bummed out by these higher prices. Same price as the paperback? It is not as if every title I would care to read is even available on Kindle. My FAVORITE gadget is not my favorite anymore and I won't be buying as many Kindle books anymore.

Posted on May 4, 2011 11:04:02 AM PDT
I want to thank the authors who have raised the cost of their Kindle books. It has caused me to look into other less appreciated but equally talented authors who are sharing their books at a reasonable, and in some cases, a very modest level of cost. I have moved away from the high cost authors and I am enjoying a whole new world of great authors. I hope it does the same for others.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 3:01:07 AM PDT
Mr. D. Smyth says:
Totally agree especially as most of the established authors do not even write their books by themselves. They use aspiring writers and then sell at inflated top authors price. I too look for new, cheaper authors

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:37:50 PM PDT
Actually, this is been my experience too. I bought six Kindles -Family members and two employees. But lately when I see books that I could casually buy as a pocketbook selling for more than $18 on Kindle - I just refuse to pay it.It's prompted me to go back to haunt the secondhand bookstores which I have always done for casual reading. And it's a shame! I was really stoked on Kindle because I thought it was (among other things) a cheaper way to get books. There is no justification for charging over $18 for a new e-book of popular fiction. There's no paper involved or shipping costs etc. It's just greed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:38:28 PM PDT
ditto for me!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2011
Latest post:  May 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
This Body of Death: An Inspector Lynley Novel
This Body of Death: An Inspector Lynley Novel by Elizabeth George (Hardcover - April 20, 2010)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (291)