5.0 out of 5 stars A Highland Romance Like No Other
Published 22 months ago by Joni R. Hahn

3.0 out of 5 stars Time well spent reading
I am fascinated by historical romance' s, how would it be to live in those times, what a hardship it must have been, but always love is readily there for who ever wants it. This book is worth the time it takes to read it. I enjoyed it, and if you like historical fiction, you will like this book, it's got a different twist to it.
Published 18 months ago by Rita M D'Arrigo

5.0 out of 5 stars A Highland Romance Like No Other, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
Be prepared to sit for a while because you will not want to put down this book. I have always been a fan of Highland romances and this one ranks right up there among my favorites. Heroine, Aileana, is like no healer you have read before. Her unique and amazing powers put a refreshing spin on 16th century Scotland. She and her talents do not give the hero, Toran, a moment's peace, keeping the tension thick and the action moving. With a vibrant supporting cast and viciously evil villain, Blair keeps you entertained from page one and does not stop until The End.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting Debut Novel, October 2, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
It's the sixteenth century, a time of danger and turmoil. Against a canvas of conflict, Toran Lathan, laird of Clan Lathan, kidnaps a healer named Aileana Shaw, and everything changes for both of them. With no other options, Aileana's been serving a cruel master bent on conquering as much of the Scottish highlands as possible. Toran takes her to the Aerie, his clan's stronghold, where she must adjust to a completely new life. Although Aileana proves her worth to the clan as a healer, not everyone is prepared to welcome her with open arms. As she deals with jealousy and mistrust, she and Toran must come to terms with their growing attraction. Can the Laird of Clan Lathan pledge himself to a woman with her background, a woman who possesses a dangerous psychic power? And what will she do when old loyalties are pitted against new ones?

Highland Healer skillfully blends an exciting plot with the personal stories of Aileana and Toran, two very appealing characters. If you love an action-packed and sensual historical romance, you'll love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revealing historical fun!, October 4, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed a total getaway from the 21st century to the Highlands, history, castles and good romance on a fall day. Characters are strong and independent with just the right amount of lust and longing. Who can beat that! Well written with equally developed characters, I just loved it. Just the right story at the right time. I am so ready to take another trip! More please!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm high on Highland Healer!!, October 6, 2012
C. L. West (Columbia, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
I admit that I rarely read historical romance but Willa Blair's Highland Healer has changed that. The saga of Toran, Laird of Clan Lathan and Aileana Shaw, against the background of the unsettling period following the tragedy of Flodden Field, is riveting, intriguing and downright addicting. Aileana's ability as a healer and Toran's need for one on both a personal and a clan leader's basis, along with their growing love for one another, is the basis for a book that will hold you from beginning to end. The characters are engaging, the sensuality smoldering, the tension the kind that plays heck with one's manicure. Brava, Willa Blair!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highland Healer, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
This is a beautiful love story set in Scotland 1516. Once I started reading I couldn't stop, the writing just draws you in and I couldn't put it down until I finished!

5.0 out of 5 stars My first romance novel, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
I am an avid reader, but romance was never my genre of choice. Highland Healer is my first experience and an excellent one! It is well written, easy to visualize and just plain fun. I look forward to the next book in the series and applaud Willa Blair's prose!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Highland Tale, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
I'm one of those readers that enjoys a rich Highland based historical romance now and then. And Highland Healer delivered. With vivid characters, authentic prose, and a dash of magic - the romance between Aileanna and Toran was both sensual and sincere. Another plus, there are plenty of interesting secondary characters. We can hope this won't be the only adventure on the highlands for Willa Blair.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Highland surprise, November 25, 2012
L. Christensen (Virginia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
The description sounded intriguing as I enjoy stories of the Highlands during this period. I was prepared to sit back and enjoy until I started reading about Aileana's Talent.

Let me preface this by saying I don't read books if the fiction is too far fetched or contains paranormal or completely unrealistic things. However, by the time I discovered this was not a 'typical' heroine, I was so taken in by the story, I continued. Am I glad I did.

This was a terrific story! The characters were very real, the setting was well described and I found myself reading far into the night to reach the end.

The interactions between the two main characters covered the whole gamut of emotions: humorous, fearful, angry, romantic. Their selflessness was endearing. I was shocked this was a first novel and will be looking for more from Ms. Blair.

5.0 out of 5 stars I could not put it down., November 25, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
This book captivated me. The hero, over and over, sacrificed his needs for the good of the clan. The heroine sacrificed her needs for the good of others. I could admire the main characters and feel their pain when they put aside their own desires for the clan or for the injured. I admire main characters who are strong and passionate.

This book is anything but predictable. I kept thinking, "Well, I didn't see that coming." So many times in the past I could tell exactly where the book was going. Not this time.

I have recommended this book to my sisters, cousins, and friends. Now I recommend it to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a keeper..., November 9, 2012
This review is from: Highland Healer (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually read books with paranormal overtones; however I could not put Highland Healer down. Since the other reviewers have described the plot much more eloquently than I ever could, I will say I can't wait to read the next book in the Highland Talents series.

Highland Healer