From the Back Cover
Lace up your boots and sample fifty-nine of the finest trails Yosemite National Park has to offer. Fully updated and revised, and including color maps and photos throughout, Hiking Yosemite National Park features everything from short strolls to day hikes to multiday backcountry treks, every one of which will treat you to some of the world’s most stunning scenery and allow you to get the most out of this remarkably diverse natural wonderland.
For more than thirty years, FalconGuides® have set the standard for outdoor guidebooks. Written by top experts, each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors.
• Hikes suited to every ability
• Directions to the trailheads
• Trail Finder for best hikes for lakes, waterfalls, views, wildlife, and wildflowers
• Comprehensive trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
• GPS coordinates
• Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons for every featured hike
• Information on permits, contacts, and more
About the Author
Suzanne Swedo, director of W.I.L.D., teaches wilderness survival and natural sciences at universities, museums, and organizations such as Yosemite Association and the Sierra Club. She has backpacked the mountains of every continent and led groups into the wilderness for over twenty-five years. Her books include Wilderness Survival, Hiking California's Golden Trout Wilderness, Best Easy Day Hikes Yosemite National Park, and Adventure Travel Tips (Falcon).