5.0 out of 5 stars Great Green $ Saver
Published on August 19, 2009 by Shopping Gal

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Rack expect can break
The rack is great for drying nice amount of space. I bought it for my daughter in college unfortunately when transporting or moving around its easy for one of the Silver bolts (or Knobs) to break off. We put it back on but it doesn't stay on and you have to be careful not to lose it.
Published on July 6, 2011 by AnnB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Green $ Saver, August 19, 2009
Shopping Gal (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hills Expanding Indoor Clothes Drying Rack Clothesline (Kitchen)
I have used my Hills Expanding Indoor Clothes Drying Rack for the first time yesterday and I have to say I'm very pleased with this product. It's large so it takes up some space when open, but it fits 2 smaller loads without a problem. It does fold flat and stores easily in a narrow space, much as an ironing board. So far it seems to be sturdy. It does not wobble when hanging clothes on it like the accordion style racks. I like that it has longer horizontal lines in the middle for wider items - I was able to fold a queen duvet in half and easily fit it there. I think it will pay itself back with the $$ I will save on dryers plus I'm doing something Green and conserving some energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY what I was looking for!!, July 11, 2010
M. Wise-Miu (Johns Creek, GA) - See all my reviews
When we travel in Europe, everyone uses a clothes drying rack like this. For years I've wanted to find one and never saw one at any store. This year, I was on a mission to find one and this is it! When it came (very quickly, btw) I couldn't wait to use it! It folds very flat. I store it behind my laundry room door. It opens very easily and gets used all the time! It's so light and portable, I carry it out to the deck to dry things. So strong, I laid wet rugs all over it to dry and it never complained, not even once!

Just PERFECT!!

Now, if I could just find those little glasses every restaurant in Europe uses. Only holds 8-9 oz. and is about 7.5 inches tall. Tall thin straight sided glasses. Back to Amazon.com to hunt for treasures!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drying Design - Get This Instead of Accordion Style, February 25, 2011
It was time to get a clothes drying rack. You don't want to hang clothes outside in the winter, and running the dryer all the time gets expensive and makes clothes wear out more quickly. It also gets old hanging bras over the shower rod, know what I mean?

So I was just going to get one of those accordion racks. It's the only kind sold here in the U.S., pretty much, so it's all I knew existed. You know the kind. The cheapest are made of light wood that break quickly if you're lucky and splinter when you fold them up if you aren't. I had a metal one all picked out. I was ready. I had made The Right Clothes Drying Rack Decision.

Then a friend who'd been to Europe recently pointed this Hills Expanding Indoor Clothes Drying Rack out to me. He said most people there used something like this to dry their clothes, and that they cost about $5 there. We talked to his Euro friend, who offered to buy and ship one, but shipping would have made it cost more than buying it here through Amazon.

I was unconvinced anyway. Who cares about some Euro drying rack? But after some persuasion I got it.

And it was good. Here's why it's better than those accordion folding racks you see everywhere.

1. It holds more clothes. I think this holds something near 49 feet worth, while the accordion styles hold around 24 to 30 feet.
2. Clothes dry quickly. They all have their own spot on the "line." Nothing is hanging over or draped over anything else, unlike vertical dryers.
3. It's the perfect height -- nearly waist high -- and all one height. No reaching up or squatting down to lay out clothes; everything is on the same level.
4. It's frakking sturdy. Everything is coated metal. Some of the rods "stretched" a bit when I first hung heavy things on them like jeans, but it wasn't much and they show no sign of weakness.
5. It folds up small, about 1 inch wide, for storage.

I also think this Hills rack is also probably better than another popular Euro-type rack here at Amazon, the Moerman Laundry Solutions Y-Airer Indoor Folding Clothes Drying Rack, because it's got a sturdier folding design and clothes don't hang on top of one another.

Basically, this clothes drying rack is expensive, but worth it. It'll probably pay for itself in a few months' time from not using the electric dryer. I love it and use it nearly every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best clothing rack ever!, May 6, 2010
I had this clothing rack 20 years ago and loved it. I searched the internet for hours trying to find the same one I had had. What a joy that I did find it. Well build, easy to store, light weight, and it holds so many pieces of clothing!!!! I am thrilled that I have it again. Love it! Love it! Love it! So reasonable with sweaters too!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, July 30, 2010
We purchased this expandable clothes drying rack for use primarily indoors, since we have a medium sized Mrs. Pegg's drying clothes line for outdoor use. The Hill's expandable line had very GOOD POINTS: it was fairly easy to put together by one person, just don't rush it, look at the directions frequently; when not in use it folds really easy and very flat; we hang ours on the back of our laundry room door with an over-the-door-hook; when set up it is stable and does not feel like it will tip over or break anytime soon, it holds a variety of clothes/linens that you can creatively place on it to dry based upon your load size or by the weight of the items; for example we put our thickest heaviest towels on the the strong outer frame work of the dryer rack because the lines look a bit saggy with extremely heavy towels like our plush bath sheets, regular towels are no problem on the actual lines, jeans too are fine; we can fit a lot and I do mean A LOT of cloth flat and prefold diapers, all our clothing, bath, kitchen & bed linens, even clothes put on a clothes hanger can be added to this drying rack; bed linens obviously need to be spread out over 2, 3 or 4 of the lines depending on if you have a full, queen or king bed linens. The only NOT SO GOOD POINT: the ad title/ description led us to believe that the rack could be used with or without the expandable wings in the out position, however this is not true unless you plan to just put a couple of sweaters to dry lying flat as to not stretch them out; you see when the wings are not spread out to the open position you can not utilize all the underlying lines because the lines of the wings overlap and obstruct the usual way of hanging clothes to dry. This was a minus to us because we figured we could use it either way and it is significantly larger when the wings are expanded, we tried just opening one wing but it left the rack uneven in weight distribution and still had no use of the lines that were overlaid by the other wing that we left un-expanded. So because the ad description is misleading to a strong degree we can only recommend it if you plan to use it in the expanded position. Maybe 4 stars for this reason is harsh but I did not appreciate paying for something not really as described. So final word is: a great drying rack in the fully expanded large position, not great for use in the compact unexpanded wings position.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the size, March 4, 2010
I love that this clothes drying rack is large enough to hold ALL my clothes. And given its design, clothes don't hang over each other, inhibiting its ability to dry within a reasonable amount of time. It folds away nicely in a corner. All the other racks in the market are just too small. They tend to only hold a couple items. Glad that Amazon has this for sale!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this clothes dryer!, March 13, 2011
I love this clothes dryer. Growing up this is the style my mother had in Germany. I love this I can wash a normal sized load and hang it all up on just one rack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if a little pricey, October 8, 2011
I had a rack similar to this when we lived in Europe and loved it. I looked a long time to replace it when we moved home and ended up buying this rack. The price is a little high but I didn't find any better alternatives.
I like the design better than my old one since it does not have the hinges in the middle of the legs that always seemed to bend. It holds as much laundry as I care to do in a day.
Even though it says it is an indoor rack, it work well outside too. It might blow over, but I just put part of a cement block over the legs and it solves that problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for smaller clothing, not so good for large shirts, June 9, 2011
Well as soon as I unfolded it from the box one of the silver dome caps on the hinge broke off and the thing collapsed. I reassembled it and replaced the dome on the hinge with a wad of duct tape since the dome itself wouldn't stay on. Once assembled the middle section works fine and is sturdy enough for to hang just about everything including wet jeans, but the side wings are not wide enough to dry pants or even a large shirt. Im a big guy with XL size shirts and the side wings fall about 3-4 inches short on the width of my shirt, so unless I want wrinkles on the sides of my shirts I either have to use the middle sections (of which there are like 6-8 wires) or hang them somewhere else in my room. All the wings are good for are things like boxers, socks, and hand towels. I cant hang shirts, pants, shorts, or anything other than boxers and socks on the side things. All in all this rack can dry a large load of laundry, but if you do more than one load per day then you're out of luck (buy another one if you have the room for its 6' by 2' footprint)Update 7/11/2011: The people at Breeze actually emailed me and offered to send me a new domed hinge piece for free. I just cannot believe that there is actually a company that reads their own reviews and then goes out of their way to help in any way possible. Excellent customer service!

UPDATE May 2013: After 1.5 years of use it is still holding strong. The center bars/beams are showing a little drooping, likely due to hanging heavy wet jeans on there, but its not so much drooping that it affects the performance. Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well for my needs, March 20, 2011
I like this drying rack better than my old wooden ones, which would leave marks on the clothes from the aging wood. It fits nicely in my garage, which is mainly storage. I am able to get about 1 1/2 loads of tops and capris on it. Happy about my purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›