5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing else works
Published on May 7, 2011 by Natalie Dawn

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not the correct item. The company has a problem with this product and a new product that is sensitive stomach and "skin". If your cat has stomach issues then this new product may not work. I spent two years trying to find a food to help my cat and the original product worked. This new product has started her issues all over again and now I have to start...
Published 1 month ago by lilly swan

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing else works, May 7, 2011
I understand all the complaints about Science Diet. Believe me I avoided this food for quite awhile based on that information. I'm not thrilled about the filler, would prefer a food with no by-products, and yes in general think it is over priced. But my cat was throwing up everything else. And I do mean EVERYTHING else. I have tried so many top of the line foods for him and every single one he threw up. I took him to the vet, had all the xrays done, all the blood work done, put him on antibotics just in case... nothing. He is a perfectly healthy cat except that he was throwing up food 2 to 3 times a week. I talked to my mom who had 2 Siamese cats that lived into thier late teens and she said she fed them Science Diet. In fact, one of them had urninary tract problems and the SD was the only food that stopped his problems. So yes, I understand everything everyone is saying about why SD is so horrible... yet I can't argue with the results. I fed my cat this and it's been 3 weeks with no vomiting. My mom fed it to her cats and they lived long, healthy lives. I just can't argue with the results. And even if there were risks it's worth it not to have my poor kitty completely emptying his stomach 2-3 times a week from food that is making him sick. If your cat keeps throwing up, you've had the vet check him and there is nothing wrong and no other food is working... try this food. It really did work for my cat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but it worked!, January 30, 2011
Mawrtyr (Atlanta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
I took in a foster cat almost one year ago and have tried almost everything to rid him of diarrhea. The vets were unable to diagnose any parasite or physical problems, and his behavior has always appeared happy and healthy. The vets said it could be a food allergy, so I began trying different foods. A couple of months ago, I bought SD Sensitive Stomach. I had been reluctant because of the ingredients - I strive to avoid foods with "meal" of any kind - as well as the price ($40 for 15.5 lbs). After a year, five other foods and several supplements, though, I was desperate. Sensitive Stomach did the trick. There was a noticeable difference within a few weeks, and the stools are completely normal now. His weight gain has been constant regardless of food, so I do not attribute that to the Science Diet brand.

The drawback is that my other two cats prefer this food to their original brand, so it's quite expensive for three cats. The other two have not gained weight with this product, and their appetite does not appear to have increased at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for pukey cat, March 19, 2011
My cat was born in August 2001, so he's almost 10 years old. Three years ago he started to throw up quite frequently. The vet ran tons of VERY EXPENSIVE tests and for the most part ruled out anything that can be treated. We tried changing food but nothing worked. I tried giving him home cooked food as well and that made throwing up even worse. So one day I was in a pet store and the clerk said he had the same problem with his cat and suggested the MOST EXPENSIVE FOOD IN STORE. I was skeptical but I had nothing to lose (but money). Three years later my cat is doing fantastic. He only throw up when I feel bad for him and give him tuna as a pity treat. He's healthy, bouncy and seems to enjoy food. The big bag lasts us for ever. We bought a bag on November 5th and today again on March 19. That's 4+ months for $40 (which is how much the bag costs in pet store). I think I can afford $10/month for my buddy. I have no idea what's in there and I don't really care. All I care is that my cat looks happy and healthy. Food purists who believe in feeding cat organic chicken and brown rice might not care for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but trust your vet not the hype, December 22, 2010
Jon (North Royalton, OH, United States) - See all my reviews
I have two cats, one 6 and one 2 years old. Both are indoor cats in excellent health. I saw the negative review and talked to my vet about it. I've also asked a number of veterinary professionals what to feed my cats and they all answer the same thing: Science Diet. Sure, you'll see stories of how one person's cat had issues, but even if that's 100% true, it's 1 case out of millions. Science and fact aren't based on someone's experience.

So my point is, I love my cats and I'm very concerned about their health. I trust people who actually have medical degrees and experience with a wide range of animals. My only caution is do not fall for some hype or scare tactic that recommends some unproven or untested food or some fad diet for your pet. Don't listen to me, don't listen to the negative review. ASK YOUR VET what they recommend, and follow their instructions. My guess is you'll end up buying the Science Diet anyhow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver if you have cats with digestive issues, February 25, 2013
S. M. Nappi (CT, United States) - See all my reviews
Okay - I am not a person who would ever think of spending this much money on a cat food but this stuff works! Let me set the stage - we invested in low-allergen kittens (Siberians) and after a few weeks, one started to show signs of, um, stomach distress. Well, it was distressing to all of us because the smell could CLEAR a room. It was AWFUL! While she was still gaining weight, I was forced to live with the terrible smell. After testing for parasites and other things, she came back with a clean bill of health but the smell and consistency (sorry) was still a problem. Our vet recommended we try this diet. I was willing to do ANYTHING. Let me tell you, after a few days, her poop resembled her sister's (NORMAL) with hardly any smell!!! Our noses thank Science Diet. Oh, and the cats LOVE the taste - we have had to be careful because they wolf it down and tend to eat more than their other food. If you have a cat with REALLY smelly poop - you may want to give this a try!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A food that works!, December 4, 2013
I have two cats, one that has digestive issues. I tried everything, basic ingredient foods, probiotics from the vet, testing for everything under the sun. No idea what exactly is wrong with the cat, but most foods give him loose stools. (Sorry for the TMI, but it's relevant here). He would end up with some, uh, poop left on his back end after using the litter box and would walk around the house with it. If I caught him before he sat down, great, I could wipe it with a tissue. But no one's got time to chase a cat around the house, wiping it's rear. Plus, when I'm NOT home, yuck. I'd find where the cat had been sitting via a brown stain. Once on my bed. YUCK. So after trying several more brands, I read the reviews on the Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food. I did the slow transition as you're supposed to do. Well the cats loved it. No problem transitioning over. And now! NO LOOSE STOOLS. No brown spots on the floor/furniture/my arm (ewwww). Please never stop making this food. Both cats love it and it's solved whatever mysterious digestive problem my cat has. Hooray!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, April 20, 2013
Nothing is worse than a cat with diarrhea. This cost so much more at our local store and have to have it to prevent unwanted messes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for kitty, February 22, 2013
My kitty had a lot of trouble with digestion and the smells of the litter box nearly ran us out of the house. This food completely took care of the problem and the kitty that was usually very lazy suddenly started running and playing every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars stops fecal balls, November 8, 2011
My eight month old kitty, Jitterbug came to us eating Science Diet and everything was fine. I slowly switched him over to Purina indoor, which I've always fed my cats and had no problems with. Well I started noticing Jitterbug was leaving small little balls of poo all over the house! Instead of taking him to the vet and paying a lot of money on tests I thought I'd try this expensive food first and what do you know, no more poop balls! It's too bad it's so pricey, but if I don't have to deal with feces outside the litter box, I'll pay top dollar. My cat has been on this formula for a month now and I'm very pleased with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars wish I'd started using it 5 years ago, February 24, 2011
Robert Byrd (Birmingham, Alabama USA) - See all my reviews
I have two litter mates. One can eat anything with no problem. The other always vomits ten minutes after eating, no matter what she eats: canned or dried makes no difference and I've tried every store brand there is. Hairball treatments had no effect. I figured "cats throw up" and didn't worry about it. When I moved and switched vets the new vet asked if the cats ever threw up. When she heard about the one cat she said cats do NOT just throw up and told me to get the Science Diet sensitive stomach food. Yes, it's 4x the price of what I'd been buying, but I noticed a difference with the first bowl. Instead of throwing up ten minutes after literally every meal, now she throws up maybe once a month. If only I'd switched to this brand years ago we both would have been saved a lot of misery. Even tho it costs more I've noticed that the bag seems to last longer than the same amount of cat chow did.