4.0 out of 5 stars Sagan loved it.
I tried this food for free through BzzAgent. My dog is about a year old but VERY active, so have him on puppy food still because he's smallish and has trouble keeping weight on. He is allergic to something, I'm not sure if it's environmental or food, but he didn't have a reaction to this food. This is corn-free so I'm wondering if that's what he's allergic to.
He did...
Published on December 29, 2011 by Kim k

3.0 out of 5 stars Chicken by product
Even though this is what my vet gave me to take home, it was not the best. The 3 key ingredients should always be 3 meats and not meat by products. Do your research before starting your dog on any food.
Published 19 months ago by Happy Beans

4.0 out of 5 stars Sagan loved it., December 29, 2011
He did very well on it, and had nice solid stools and wasn't excessively flaky or itchy. He tends to bolt his food so the very small pieces weren't that great. He wouldn't chew it and then ended up vomiting afterward; I had to give him small amounts at a time. I'd rather they had kibble size options, but I'm being picky now.
I'm not thrilled that the second ingredient is wheat, but at least it's not corn. Sagan seemed to do well on it. If it was less expensive than the food I have him on now (that he also does very well on), I'd have no problem using or recommending this food.

3.0 out of 5 stars Chicken by product, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance Puppy Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner Dry Dog Food Bag, 4-Pound (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner & Probiotics, January 30, 2013
I had an incident following administration of a heartworm preventive to my dog. Apparently the medication upset the probiotic balance of the intestinal tract and he was not recovering very fast. My vet recommended probiotics and an antibiotic. After 3-4 weeks of unending upset stomach and diarrhea, the vet suggested that I look at food my dog was eating. Well, I did two things: I obtained some stronger and more effective probiotics for my dog, and I switched his food to Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance Puppy Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner.
I am not sure which regimen did the most good. But I am so satisfied with the results of both that I am afraid to change the food back to what my puppy was eating before he acquired the intestinal upset (much like C. Difficile). I will probably keep him on Science Diet products for the remainder of his life unless I hear of some double blind controlled scientific study that demonstrates there is a foolproof way of treating intestinal upset with another food plus probiotic or food alone.