Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Style: Adult|Size: 38.5 lb bag|Change

on June 19, 2013
Hill's has been around a long time now. That should tell you something. Yeah, yeah, there are other 'better' foods that cost you a ton of money, with 'more protein,' and 'farm fresh ingredients' etc. But c'mon. I've had dogs for all my 50 years, and in that time, I've fed them a variety of food. NONE makes them live longer. This one gives her a shiny coat and amazing energy. Be smart, but a quality food, like HIll's Science Diet, that doesn't make you take out a second mortgage, and you'll both be happy.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 2, 2015
I love this dog food and recently subscribed but this is how i received it so if this comes like this every month i will be unhappy. The product is great, the delivery however was not.
review image
88 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
We are sorry to hear that you received a damaged bag of food. All of our products are covered under our 100% guarantee. Please contact Amazon for their return policy.
on December 2, 2013
Great food for my dog. She had a finicky stomach and suffered frequent bouts of diarrhea. I have to put her on Hill's® Prescription Diet® i/d® Canine Gastrointestinal Health. This was not an inexpensive proposition. On a recommendation from a very wise dog lover, I slowly transitioned her to Hill's Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food, a much more affordable alternative. Her stool is appropriate and she loves the food. It appears to provide the nutrition and other benefits that she needs.

If you have a pup in similar straits, consider this food. Based on the success that I had, I recommend this without reservation.
on November 15, 2013
What a convenient way to shop, I will never go to Walmart again. Place an order and in 2 days it is at my door. My dog was so excited to get a package from his enemy, the delivery man, he peed a little bit.
on June 18, 2013
I've tried several different dog food brands for my 7 year old black lab mix. This food is the only food that I have purchased where he consistently has healthy looking bowel movements. I would definitely recommend.
on February 13, 2011
I would recommend this puppy food! We have a puppy that got off to a sad start. We found him along an interstate with a broken shoulder and was malnourished. After surgery on his shoulder and good nutrition with Hills Science Diet, he is a thriving, healthy and happy guy!
on May 1, 2015
A couple months ago, our Saint Bernard seemed to take a liking to this brand better than another popular brand which we used for 2 years. That's why we just switched to Hill's Science and put it on Subscribe & Save. However today when I was emptying our first bag into the bowl, we found a dead mouse (or maybe a small rat... I'm too disgusted to examine closely).

Finding rodents or other contaminants in dog food is not unheard of. In other parts of the world, it may even be common. But because this is our first bag of Hill's Science and I'm 100% sure this rodent came from the factory, I'm going to dispose the mouse and cancel our future Subscribe & Save with Hill's Science.
on November 26, 2015
Used this dog food with great success for almost 2 years for our Great Dane. Found a dead mouse in my last new bag. Will not reorder.
on February 10, 2015
My 8 year old Husky/GSD mix is very, very picky with food. She would only eat Alpo's come and get it. When we fostered to adopt a new pup from the pound we could not keep Kiera out of Tyne's food. Almost 4 weeks later and we are still using science diet for one major reason...My 8 year old old lady dog who was grumpy and achy in her hips hops again and tires out our 1 year old male Black Lab! If you have ever met a black lab you know how shocked we were! Her coat has never looked better, she's happier, she is not straining to poop like she used to and is not needing to poop as often. Also, she has her perky back. Instead of sleepy all day, she actually plays with her toys, runs, hops, chases the other dog, wrestles with the kids again. And since the food switch is the only change we made in her routine it HAS to be that. We were so pleased with this product we have switched our Cats to it as well. I cannot sing it's praises enough. Also all ingredients are from the USA so no Chinese pet killer foods in my house (always a huge concern for us). Even if this food does not add more years to her life, it has CERTAINLY added more quality to it. For the record...she made that mess in the floor, we were so happy to see her active and happy we didn't care at all lol
on July 9, 2013
Got a 12 week old German shepherd. He wouldn't eat any dog food until I got him this. Now he eats like a horse. I also subscribe to it. So it is a lot cheaper than local stores.