5.0 out of 5 stars dogs love it

1.0 out of 5 stars New formula in 2014 - will not buy again
Published 10 hours ago by David Burns

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars dogs love it, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Hill's Science Diet Adult Oral Care Dry Dog Food, 4-Pound Bag (Misc.)
Though you can use this as your dog's main diet, I use it as a healthy snack. I fill their bowl with dog food, then add several of these on top, as I am leaving for work. They love to run over to the bowl, get one, then run away with their prize! Keeps them busy and is a healthy snack, and keeps them occupied when I have left for work. ( I have dogs that share food well). My vet tells me it's is great for their teeth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves it, but not an everyday food!!, May 12, 2013
Not a good choice for everyday food, but great to mix in with other food or to use as a treat. Brushing with a good doggy toothbrush is the only solution to ensuring your dog's dental health. This food will pack on the pounds, so beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves the taste!, January 23, 2014
My 13 year old dog has been eating this for two years to knock off the tarter. Using this product with greenies has prevented him from having to have his teeth professionally cleaned.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, January 3, 2014
Nay717 (Alabama, USA) - See all my reviews
I use this as a treat for my picky beagle. She is always happy to gobble a few chunks down thus cleaning her teeth. She has turned up her nose at the regular teeth cleaning treats I have offered her so I am glad to finally have found one she likes.

4.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves it!, January 1, 2014
My little shi tzuh loves this food! The kernels are big, but he seems to enjoy chomping on them and breaking them down. Not sure if it is really cleaning his teeth, but he is a picky dog, and always leaves food in his bowl. Not this one! The price is a bit high, so as other reviewers suggested, I mix it with other dog food.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves this stuff!, November 21, 2013
My vet recommended this for my Yorkie because her teeth are terrible (like most yorkies). I wasn't sure if she'd like it because she's so small and the pieces are fairly large (bigger than a grape). She is very picky picky about food (won't eat most dog bones and many of the healthier dog foods) but she LOVES this stuff and isn't bothered at all by the size of the food. Its great to have found a food that she loves and is good for her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog Loves It..., December 31, 2012
We mix this food in with his regular food since it's pretty pricey. Our dog always picks out the chunks of this first and sometimes gives us a look like why isn't it all the good stuff? Apparently he has caviar dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean Teeth!!!, March 3, 2011
I have tried everything to clean my large dog's teeth. She is 5 and I want to stay on top of it. We wrestled with a toothbrush and chicken toothpaste, went on a drinking strike when I added enzymes to her water and finally, refused to open her mouth for the glove with little brushes built in. She does not love the taste of this food but I give it to her at night with a 1/2 can alpo so the gravy coats it and her teeth look great. Finally a solution to a huge problem with older dogs and cats (there is a cat food too). Thanks to my friend Ida who has been buying it from her vet at a much higher price and recommended it to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars New formula in 2014 - will not buy again, April 22, 2014
David Burns (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
My vet recommended this years ago and my dog was happy with it. Hill's changed the formula in April 2014 and the new version is much worse. The old version looked just like the bland kibble it was; the new version has brown streaks that seem to be intended to suggest gravy but just look artificial. It also smells bad; perhaps they are trying to appeal to owners with a browned-meat smell but again it seems artificial and false.

Since the switch my dog has been averse to the food, low in energy and spirit. It's a dramatic change which is especially unusual in a wire fox terrier. I'm switching him to a quality meat/rice kibble and he's already more energetic.

I cannot recommended feeding this stuff to your dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, he loves it!, April 22, 2014
He prefers this over his old food, and it actually smells good! The pellets are big, but Shadow doesn't mind!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›