Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Style: Adult 7+|Size: 15.5 lb bag|Change

on February 11, 2014
Our dog (yorkie) was recently aquired less than a year ago. He was 3yrs old at the time. His coat was shaggy, teeth in terrible condition, and he was overall lethargic. Apparently they were giving him food that was wayyyy too big for his little mouth and not of the best quality. We believe firmly in "you are what you eat" and this applies to animals as well. It's been only a little over a week since we purchased this dog food and the benefits/results are impressive!! He's more playful, his breath smells better, it doesn't hurt him to chew, his coat is silky and shiny, and his overall disposition has improved!! This is one product we are more than happy to invest in.

If you're still on the fence about purchasing this food because of price read again my review and take this piece of advice into consideration:

Your dog (and your well being too!!) is an investment. If you feel him good food he will be less likely to develop problems as he ages. That means less vet bills!! And you'll have a happier pooch!!!
on August 15, 2015
Finally a brand that makes the kibbles truely small enough for a toy breed dog! My little chihuahua just had 13 teeth removed (a common problem for toy breeds) and was having a hard time. Both my dogs love this food.
review image
on July 19, 2012
This is definately chihuahua puppy approved. I like the fact that there is a puppy food for smaller breeds. These are real small bites. My puppy was 2.16 lbs at 7 weeks and tiny, so having something that is small enough for him to chew. At 5.5 months old, he still enjoys it. I also like that this small bag is resealable and helps with keeping it fresh.
on April 4, 2014
I asked my dogs, Zeke & Zeus, what they thought of this dog food since I have not had the pleasure of trying it for myself. They told me that they loved the taste and that it was very filling. Zeus stated that he was pleased that it did not give his brother, Zeke, gas that other dog foods they have tried have been able to give Zeke the ability to clear out a room. (I can vouch for that!) They also agreed that their coat is very soft and shiny and the size of the food was easy for their little mouths to chew.
on May 16, 2010
Hill's Science Diet Puppy Small & Toy Breed dog food provides precisely balanced nutrition to meet your small breed dog's special needs.It is the only brand with an exclusive blend of clinically proven antioxidants.This formula is specially designed to boost immune defenses and support the long life expectancy of small and toy breed dogs.
There a myths that allergies are caused by ingredients such as corn but that is not the case. To say that something is a filler would imply it has no nutritional value; when in fact corn is a superb source of nutrients. There is a misconception that whole corn is used - in fact the corn is baked and is much like ground corn you buy. When cooked it is highly digestible.We hear many concerns about by-products in pet food. We need to understand how they are defined and what they really are and what is their nutrient value.
By-products is really a play on words. Virtually all ingredients in pet foods are by-products. No one for example uses real chicken breasts as we know it.It's neck and backs of a chicken.
Another common myth is that meat should always be the first ingredient, inferring that if that was the case, there would be more meat than anything else in the food. Often the carbohydrates levels are higher than the meats because of the way they are listed in the ingredient panel.Meat first is often the first ingredient only to please the consumer look st the ash levels and mositure levels, and ingreident spliting.

I have fed Science Diet to my two dogs and I am very happy with the results. They love the food, it seems to have a good nutrient profile, my dogs have not had any gas or loose stool, in fact the clean up has been minimal so far, poop is much smaller and less of it that ever! I keep searching the yard with the scooper several times a day and there just isn't much to clean up! I can honestly say that they are going HALF as much as they were before! I never would have believed it, considering that there is a considerable amount of corn in these formulas.
My dogs were itching, had greasy coats and dandruff all at the same time! I was frustrated and worried for them...after a relatively short time, one of the dogs has virtually stopped itching and the other has decreased her itching intensity.

I do wish the food was less expensive.
on June 10, 2014
When you read the list of what is actually in this dog food, you'll see that it is better for your dog than the mass market brands. The food itself is in the form of small pellets which are easier for a old dog (mine is 12 years old) to eat.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 4, 2016
My Yorkie won't eat anything. Well, she likes cat food and people food but hates dog food. I have tried all kinds of dry food plus many kinds of wet food including the really high priced gourmet types and she just isn't interested. I had been feeding her Kibbles and Bits for small dogs and she would take a little mouthful and bring it into the living room and set it down then eat the pieces one by one. But only when she was so hungry that she had no choice. I started feeding her people food more and more so she would not walk around hungry all the time. Molly weighed 8 pounds but gained a few pounds since I gave up and started sharing my diner with her, But I worried that she wasn't getting the nutrition she needed so I went looking for a dry dog food that she may like and that was very small. She likes tiny pieces, I chose this one based on reviews and the nutrition in it,

To my absolute delight, Molly loves this food! I can't believe it. I gave her a little handful like it was a treat at first and she gobbled it up. Then I poured a small bowl of the food and, without anything else to lure her into eating, she ate a considerable amount. It wasn't a phase either. She has been eating this food for a while and really likes it. I don't have to lace it with ground beef or cheese or any of things I had to do with her other food (wet or dry). I do still offer her wet food and I have made her some homemade dog food from lean beef and veggies but this Hill's Science Diet food seems to be the magic food that Molly likes, She has no trouble chewing and digesting the food and her stools are firm and "healthy" looking. She is energetic and her coat and eyes shine.

My vet is pleased because my dog was getting a little bit roly poly eating snacks and people food and wasn't getting the proper nutrition. He has given the thumbs up to this food and has told me to throw away the Kibbles and Bits because it's not a quality food. This one is. It is pricier than some others but, to see my dog eat more than just a few pieces and to know she is eating something that is giving her the nutrition she needs is well worth it. Every dog is different and some will eat anything. But for my picky diva, this food is basically the only one she actually likes. I will keep buying it for her and hope she doesn't tire of it. The pieces are really little and crunchy and they must taste god because Molly would starve before she would eat something she doesn't like. For us, this food id a 5+ star product.
review image review image review image review image
on December 8, 2011
Decent price - dog eats this food like she's never eaten before in her life. It can be hard to find this type in stores.
on October 25, 2014
My elderly dachshund loves this stuff! I switched my dog from Avoderm to this awhile back--I am still mixing the two together, just to make the transition easier--and she has gotten to the point where she will only eat this product, leaving the Avoderm in the bowl. As another reviewer commented, these pieces are VERY small, so I would not recommend if you have a dog that eats gulper-style. But for us, it is perfect. I have not been a fan of Science Diet in the past, but I was impressed with the recent reformulations, and noted that this formula is good for a dog's joints and skin, gums and teeth. Those of you out there who have dachshunds knows that teeth issues with them are always a battle, so anything that helps in that regard is good. My dog has had no digestive issues with this food at all. I'm glad that I decided to take another look at Hill's (no, I don't work for them--have no ties at all). I am on subscription with Amazon for this product--very convenient and affordable. If I am remembering correctly there is some wheat in this particular formula; however they have other options if you want to be grain-free.
on October 28, 2014
My dog's favorite food. I have a 8 year old yorkie only eats Science Diet. Get comments all the time on how great her coat looks and how healthy she is. Now that is has turned into a mature pet, moved to the mature pet food and it seems to work great, will continue to use. Love the size of the bag too, not to heavy and the velcro to keep the bag closed keeps her food fresh and good. Glad finally offered on Amazon, for a decent price. No more trips to Petsmart!