5.0 out of 5 stars It's healthy and my cat likes it!
I've tried other "healthy" wet food for my cats over the years only to have them walk away in disgust, I finally have a cat who loves science diet! Yay!
Published 6 months ago by E

3.0 out of 5 stars Finicky Calico
Published on December 21, 2011 by C. T. Manning

3.0 out of 5 stars Finicky Calico, December 21, 2011
I have mixed feelings and so does my calico cat, Scooter,about Hill's Science Diet Mature Beef Entree. Scooter is 8.5 years old. So I thought she'd love it. Guess not. She rejected it the "gourmet" cat food after the second day. With her head held high, she walked away! To get her to eat it, I had to put dry cat food on it or give her a wet pouch of morsels. So I recommend it, but be creative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for my cats, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Gourmet Beef Entree Minced Cat Food, 3-Ounce Can, 24-Pack (Misc.)
My cats are not picky especially when it comes to wet food, but they did not care for this one. I gave a few cans to my friend for her cat, and she didn't like it either.

3.0 out of 5 stars Miss Kitty will eat this but..., May 10, 2014
Our 15-year old cat prefers minced food over chunky food so we were excited to have a beef option for her in addition to the chicken and turkey that are easy to find in Mature/Senior foods. We love, love, love Science Diet products so I know that this is of high quality like their other foods. Compared to others in this line, this particular food is very, very soft and tends to collect at the bottom of the bowl and get mashed down. Once it's stuck to the bottom of her bowl, Miss Kitty virtually ignores it and will howl and yowl until it's scraped out and replaced with new/fresh food. I tend to buy a case of this and a case of 2-3 other types of mature adult food and use the other stuff for her main diet. I'll occasionally will slip one of these in to keep the variety factor up -- even if I do have to deal with the picky kitty's demands about her bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's healthy and my cat likes it!, March 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat loooves this stuff, February 12, 2014
Which makes me happy since Science Diet is so high quality. I've tried other minced flavors and she would gobble this flavor up in a heart beat! I bought the 3 oz can by accident, but it worked out because that's exactly how much she eats at each meal. I think next time I'll try and buy two cases rather than one...if it's more cost effective that route.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our two cats love this stuff, February 9, 2014
We have 14 and 11 year old cats, and this food meets the profile that our veterinarian gave us. Luckily both of our boys love this stuff, even the one who gets medication mixed in.

It's true the "minced" name is a bit misleading. This is ground up cat food - which is exactly what we need. On our vet's advice, we actually add a dollop of water and stir it into a mushy sort of consistency - helps their kidneys out with some extra moisture intake. And it works fine - they love their cat food mush and the medicine goes down effortlessly.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars FINICKY CATS, January 7, 2014
HEALTHY BUT CATS DID NOT CARE FOR IT........AM ORDERING THE TURKEY THIS NEXT TIME TO SEE IF THEY WILL LIKE THAT............

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jan 13, 2014 1:15:01 PM PST
Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear that your cats did not care for the beef flavor. Cats can be creatures of habit and sometimes they prefer specific flavors over others. Hopefully they will enjoy the turkey.

Thanks again for your post.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Watery, October 4, 2013
More watery than my last purchase at the pet store. My cat still like it but need more of it.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Apr 24, 2014 12:35:10 PM PDT
Thanks for your comments! We have recently gained access to respond to posts! The food firms as it ages so it is possible that you received a very fresh can. If you continue to see this texture, please contact our Consumer Affairs Department at 800-445-5777.

Thanks again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Beef Cat Food, September 11, 2013
My cat loves Science Diet Gourmet Entree. Because of Science Diet Cat Food his eyes are clear, his coat is luxurious, his nails are healthy and he is bouncy and full of play. My vet says he's very healthy. I've used Science Diet for over 15 years and wouldn't use anything else. It's worth the $$.

1.0 out of 5 stars Represented incorrectly, August 31, 2006
I had to return this item, because it was represented on the website incorrectly. I was looking for the original beef recipe, not the new one, and was delighted when I found it on Amazon (both versions were shown as available). My cat has a health problem that requires this specific food. I compared the ingredients, the label, and all the details for a match before I placed the order. I was very careful. When I received the cat food, it was the new recipe (not what I wanted). Apparently, the old recipe is not available at all anymore, so the item should be removed from the website.

Rate and Discover Movies