4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cats with Chronic Renal Failure
Both my cats liked this flavor, even my finicky eater. Of course, there are no guarantees when buying food for a cat. You never know what they'll turn their noses up at!

Published on October 18, 2010 by Skai

The manufacturer commented on the review below
3.0 out of 5 stars 22 year old cat
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cats with Chronic Renal Failure, October 18, 2010
Skai (SF Bay Area) - See all my reviews

I decided to buy this after researching a bunch of low protein, low phosphorous foods for my tabby who has CRF. One of the best websites out there (felinecrf dot org) listed this specific Hill's flavor as a good choice. I'm relieved my cats also like it!

You should be aware that this product is a 3oz can (the same size as a Fancy Feast can).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food for older cats, May 3, 2013
Charlesqc2 (Myrtle Beach, SC) - See all my reviews
I have a 15 yr old cat. He would throw up shortly after eating any dry cat food I tried. Switched to canned food after extensive research. With some of the cheaper store brands, problem still existed but minimally. Switched to Science Diet Mature cat....problem gone. Now both cat and I are happy. As a bonus, Amazon repeat shipping is about $2 per case cheaper than anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars cat food review, April 21, 2014
cat likes the food. The weight came off of him thus keeping the vet happy. His bathroom odor is reduced and no hairballs. I haven't tried it so no clue on the taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, December 18, 2012
I switched to Science Diet, mature 7+ about 2 weeks ago for cats (had tried some small cans from Petsmart). I have 5 - all between about 8 and 15 yrs. To my amazement - they love this really mushy food. It's almost like thick baby food - and like some other reviewers - it does get matted down on the dish at bit - but cats seem to still eat/lick it up) just fine. I put out both my old food (Friskies, and Fancy Feast) and they go for this. They also each much less of it. Must be much more filling. SO. even though it is more expensive than my old choice - am using about half. I now split one 5.5 oz can/and one little can for all 5. Was splitting 2 to 3 of the other brand (5.5 oz cans). Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars If the cats are happy, then I'm happy., April 24, 2014
My vet recommended this for my cats. 13 and 16 years young they are.Their heads do not come up from the bowl until they are licked clean. I have the automatic refill set up, eliminating the schlepping to the store, shopping around for the best price, all those other reasons we all shop on Amazon.
Having said that, I think I will have to start tipping my USPS carrier.
That guy is really getting a workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat loves it, May 5, 2013
We have a picky older cat, and he loves this stuff. He eats the whole can if we let him.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars 22 year old cat, January 6, 2014
My Kit Kat has been with me 22 years and is in good health. Unfortunately he only has 2 teeth left so feeding him and keeping him healthy has been challenging. I have found this cat food to be great - I also get the chicken active longevity. Kit loves them both and has no problem eating them. He continues to herd and discipline my two 90 +lb. Labs whenever he feels they need it LOL

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jan 13, 2014 1:02:48 PM PST
Jamie S. says:
(MANUFACTURER)
Thanks for your post! It sounds like your Kit Kat is still having fun at 22! We're so glad to hear he is able to eat this food, even with just 2 teeth!

Thanks again.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars what. a. dissapointment, March 24, 2014
First off, BOTH my cats ate this only because I was not about to buy MORE wet food after having bought the expensive kind. Secondly, it's NOT minced--it's pate' which if I'd known would have ruled it out immediately. The price was fair only, given that this is usually $1.25-$175 per 5 oz can in pet stores whereas I got this on special for $1.00/can. My advice? If you aren't sure your cats will eat it, buy just one or two cans and let them try it. DON'T go buying the case, like I did.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 20, 2014 12:44:23 PM PDT
Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your cats did not like it. We have several other flavors they may like better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dusty the cat loves this stuff, June 10, 2013
I am writing this on behalf of my 16 year old cat, Dusty. Dusty will not eat anything else but this brand of mature canned cat food. He eats it all up right away and leaves not a scrap behind. Dusty the cat highly recommends this food.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat's favorite, July 27, 2011
This is my cat's favorite canned food. He'll eat the chicken flavor if my local stores are out of turkey. He doesn't care for the beef. My cat is a different (BETTER!) cat now that I have him eating this instead of the cheap stuff he had to eat before I got him.