5.0 out of 5 stars good for hairball control
I have an 18 year old Siamese cat who has developed hairball problems in the last year or so. She is pretty finicky, but likes this food. I can say that I have seen improvement in her health and well being since placing her onto this diet. The classic version of the food works well for my cat as she doesn't have a lot of teeth.
Published on August 22, 2011 by electronic skeptic

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Cats do not like it.
We have 2 cats and neither one like it very well. They will eat a little after awhile but I bought another hairball control kind (Natural Balance Indoor Cat Formula) that they will eat up right away.
Published 12 months ago by caryrae

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars good for hairball control, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Hill's Science Diet Adult Hairball Control Savory Chicken Entree Minced Cat Food, 3-Ounce Can, 24-Pack (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hill's Scient Diet Hairball Control Canned Cat Food (Seafood), May 17, 2011
Another Reviewer (Wisconsin, United States) - See all my reviews
I have a one year old cat and a senior cat. The senior cat--a fussy eater with no teeth--was eating another brand of canned cat food, but preferred to "gum" dry kibble most of the time. When I bought the Science Diet, she enjoyed it right away and now prefers it exclusively. In retrospect, I believe the other brand may have been upsetting her stomach; she slept all the time, had issues with hairballs and was not interested in play at all. I had attributed this behavior to her age, but since I switched her to the Science Diet she has begun to play again and her coat is extremely soft and shining. The hairballs have stopped entirely. I'm very glad I bought it. (All of that said, the young cat will not touch it.) So you might test it out before buying in quantity. Overall, I'm thrilled with what it has done for my senior cat.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Cats do not like it., April 21, 2013

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Feb 25, 2014 12:56:24 PM PST
Thanks for your comments! We have recently gained access to respond to posts! We are sorry to hear that your cats did not care for this flavor. We offer this formula in a Seafood flavor as well, that your cats may prefer.

Thanks again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 19, 2013
The cats love it and the price was better than at the local pet stores - even the big box stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cat hairball remedy, February 4, 2013
I love this product. Ever since I got my siamese cat as a 6 month old she had horrible problems with hair balls. Other products just did not help the problem. I tried this cat food which she just loves and have not had another problem since. She's been on it for over a year with wonderful results. I would highly recommend it to anyone with this sort of problem with their cat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best out there, December 5, 2012
My parents have a cat that goes through terrible allergic episodes where he throws up uncontrollably, breaks out on his skin, his fur falls out, and when he uses the litterbox, it stinks horribly. Thing is, they started to notice that this only happens after feeding him the good old grocery store brand, what I affectionately call "tails n' scales", catfood. When he eats the cheapo brands, it usually doesn't take long for him to start throwing up, breaking out, and losing fur, and sending everyone in the house on a mission to find deodorizing spray. However, when fed the Science Diet, he never throws up, and, he never gets hairballs, and thankfully, his use of the litterbox isn't smelly. Science Diet catfood is the one and only food that does not make him spin out of control with an allergic reaction. I recommend it to anyone. I firmly believe that most pet food manufacturers could care less what goes into their food. Not true with Science Diet, it is the one and only food that my parents will buy now. I highly recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good, March 8, 2014
I have been conducting an informal survey on how well the Hill's Science Diety hairball formula cat foods control hairballs. I have a 20-lb black main coone cat with long hair. He hacks up the biggest hairballs I have ever seen. I bought him the dry Hairball Control Formula. So far, he is having hairballs about every two weeks. I just bought this food to see if it would do a better job at controlling his hairballs, in conjunction with the dry food, because he enjoys eating dry food, though I am trying to get him on a diet of wet food only. So far, he is very happy with the food and hasn't yet had a hairball. I will report back.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats love it, February 24, 2014
My cats eat this so fast its like they vacuum it up through a straw. They really love this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, December 1, 2013
Cats like the product. Better value than buying at brick-and-mortor stores plus I don't have to go to a store which is a HUGE win.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I need, December 28, 2012
Usually the Science Diet Hairball control food is hard to find at Petco/Petsmart. Amazon sends these with free postage and the price is the same as the store. I can't beat getting it from Amazon instead of going to the Petco and its not there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›