Hill's Science Diet for Adults is a great dog food brand. Its a balanced nutrition and you really do see a visible difference in your dog. Our dogs have tried everything from cheaper food to more expensive food. Your dogs will poop more on cheaper brands and fillers then they do on "real" dog food. You are what you eat as they say.

Science Diet provides...
Published 11 months ago by Marisa Nitsch

The manufacturer commented on the review below
3.0 out of 5 stars For two Beagles
Not to sure if it is the food or my beagles, but since I have put them on this food my dogs are always hungry. The price was perfect and being able to order it through prime, otherwise I think I'm going to have to go back what I use to feed them.
Published 12 months ago by Atredes

5.0 out of 5 stars Raise Your Paw for Good, Healthy, Delicious, Nutritional Food!, November 8, 2013
Marisa Nitsch (Prospect, CT United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Science Diet provides nutrition to restore youthful energy in 30 days as they say. It won't happen overnight. Just like people it takes a few weeks or more to see and feel a difference. It has antioxidants to maintain overall health and a strong immune system. It is made with high quality ingredients which are easy to digest and contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate for healthy joints and improved mobility. There is only natural ingredients and NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.

As far as tastes? We have 5 dogs. All adults and some older adults- and every one of them large and small gobbled the food up- So I would say the taste is great! No upset tummy's or diarrhea as some "cheaper" foods can cause. This is a good brand so I did not expect any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars This became our new favorite brand, October 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a little difficult to review b/c objectively, it's hard to determine how much a difference a new brand makes with any degree of accuracy. Here's what I can say for sure:

The packaging was very convenient and it arrived quickly. It's nice to have dog food delivered especially slightly mid-heavy bags. Hill's Science Diet came recommended from a friend that's a vet but we were honestly a little worried that the dogs wouldn't like the taste. That was a total waste of a worry. From day one, our dogs loved it. So after two weeks of use, they still love the taste and quickly eat everything we give them. I wouldn't have expected to see anything dramatic one way or the other, but two things seem pretty clear - they do seem to be a little more energetic which is nice. But they've both lost a decent amount of weight (a little over 10% for both of them). They were both getting a little chubby in their old age and the vet has really been pushing us to get them to lose weight. Well, that happened and it was great b/c we didn't cut down the amount of food, they didn't end up hungry and it took no real effort. Since our activity level is very consistent (we go on three walks a day - the same routes day to day) it'd be hard to attribute the weight loss to any increased activity other then just a little higher energy level. Since we've been feeding them the same amounts and the same frequency,it's not a food reduction. This is hardly a scientific study nor did we have a control group, but the wife and I both are pretty convinced it's the food.

We got this package as part of Amazon's Vines program but we were really thrilled with it - we just chose to make this our new brand of choice. We're very impressed with this brand and highly recommend it to anyone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Health food for pets, June 17, 2013
Our Chihuahuas didn't care for this product initially, but adjusted to it over time. I didn't give it 5 stars, because it tends to be expensive, and dogs don't seem to like it at first. But eating healthy is important, and our vet assures us this is one of the best choices for our dogs. Our dogs still prefer table scraps, and sometimes we indulge them. HOWEVER, I'm now going to use my review to pass on some advice: If you are like us, and want to feed your dog from your table, make sure you absolutely DO NOT feed your dogs ANY of the following: Chocolate, grapes or raisins, or avocado. These items are TOXIC to your pets.
I'd recommend you try this product, and give your pets time to adjust to it. It really is good for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog has had science diet for 12 years, February 18, 2014
Anon23 (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
My mixed breed 70 lb boy has had Science Diet since he was 3 months old, graduating from puppy to adult to mature. He's now a 12 year old large dog in good shape, which is old for a dog his size. Age is starting to catch up to him, but he's still active. He's never had a weight problem or any food-related problems. I attribute his ripe old age to excellent vet care and his food. Many brands and "experts" claim you have to go gluten-free or only buy super premium fancy foods, but this mid-range brand has worked for us and is a good product for the price. It's not the cheapest but it's not the most expensive either. It's helped my boy have many long and happy years.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dogs Love It and It's Got Some Good Ingredients, October 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a yellow Lab and a Papillon. They both love this food. I was afraid that the chunks would be too large for the Papillon, but she takes them one at a time and crunches away. I think that's good for her teeth. The Lab has some arthritis and we've been giving him glucosamine supplements for years. Since we put him on this food, he's walking easier. This is a food that you can feel good about giving your pups. The ingredients are much better than most of the other foods that we've tried. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My two old dogs love it, October 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Since my dogs have been getting older, they have needed a senior dog formulation for their joints and weight. They have not been too thrilled with the brands we've tried, but this one has them more enthusiastic. The kibbles are rather large, but my little terrier mix doesn't mind one bit. She grabs a mouthful and carries them to whatever room I'm in, so I'm also glad it doesn't make a lot of crumbs and dust. I think I will keep buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs loved it!, October 20, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having several dogs can lead to some dogs liking one food while others won't eat it. With the Hill's Science Diet food all the dogs ate each bowl and appeared to enjoy it. I would love to try this food long-term to see what other benefits it would offer my dogs. I would recommend this product to other pet owners.

4.0 out of 5 stars When my dog's happy..., March 12, 2014
I'm happy! My dog has never been an eager eater, but she seems to think this dog food is worth paying attention to. The food seems to stay fresh in her dish--she is just as likely to eat it after it has been out all day as she is when I first fill her dish.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Credence Loved it, January 26, 2014
My Credence(boxer) was only able to eat this for about two weeks. She really ate it well. I was surprised at how much she loved it. She was 9 and a half years of age. She stopped eating in December right after Christmas. I was feeding her soft food, due to her health not being well. She got bad quickly. I do know she did like this food when she got it and did eat it for a couple of weeks, then I believe it was too hard for her to chew. She went rather quickly. She is with me in my heart as of January 6th, 2014. I would recommend this food. I wished I had of gotten this food a lot sooner, like when she was first with me in 2004. Thank You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Choice for my dog., January 11, 2014
My service dog is coming of 'age'...7 years old and I have put him on this. To say he loves it would be an understatement. He literally cries when I am putting it in his bowl in anticipation and literally inhales it. I have fed Hill's Science Diet for over 30 years to all of my dogs and they have done extremely well and lived to ripe old ages. I would not feed them anything else.