5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cat food !
I got my cat at a shelter and they feed this to the cats there. My cat Wanda loves it. Never any waste and it makes for a cleaner litter box. Cuts stool odor down 90%. No dyes that can stain either. Keeps Wanda happy and very healthy.
Published on February 26, 2012 by George William Godfrey

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Hill's Reformulated Cat Food - Beware
Published 9 months ago by Mercury

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cat food !, February 26, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feed for your cat, December 26, 2007
I have used Science Diet for over 20 years now. My cats coats are soft, and shiny. I recently adopted a rescue that found me, for the first week, her litter box stunk so bad, it made me gag. Finally when the old cat food was out of her system and she was 100% science diet, it was a huge difference in the smell!! The price seems high compared to other brands you find in the store, however, it really isn't. Cats are nutritionally satisfied and the food goes a long way. It averages 10.00 a month for one cat. Not bad. I won't feed anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only food I give my cats!, October 10, 2012
My cats have been on Hill's Science Diet since they came home as kittens. This food is great and keeps them very healthy, it's what the vet has always recommended and I've stuck with for my cats. I get the big bag because it's easier to store it in a large air-tight container near their food and not have to worry about buying food every other week or so. So glad to see this on Amazon Prime now, I used to have to go out of my way to speciality pet stores just to get it as places like PetCo out here don't always carry it.

EDIT/UPDATE: My oldest cat is turning 6 this year and my younger one will be 4 later this year. Both are still very healthy, active, and not overweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon.com is #1 in our book!, November 20, 2013
The price was better than other places we checked AND with free shipping to our door--what a deal! We've tried the pet chain stores over the years and other retail stores as we've been cat owners since 1975. We stay 'educated' regarding the brands we use. As is with many of us now, every penny counts. The site is user-friendly and our order was arrived in a very timely manner.

We've shopped at Amazon.com over the years for things other than cat food. I don't recall EVER having a problem. We come back as often as we are able. The prices and service are the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Low magnesium levels are worth the extra cost., February 5, 2014
Amazon Customer (New York City suburbs.) - See all my reviews
This cat food contains a lower level of magnesium than the "supermarket" cat foods. Low magnesium levels help to prevent urethra problems, especially in male cats due to their more narrow urethra. I would rather pay the higher price for this brand of cat food than bring my cats to an emergency vet in the middle of the night because their urinary tract gets blocked, not to mention the aggravation caused to the cat. Other brands of low magnesium cat food include Iam's and Nutro-Max. Hill's Science Diet food is round-shaped, rather than "hooked", which makes it easier for one of my older tooth-challenged cats to swallow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Science Diet Adult Optimal Care Dry Cat Food, August 24, 2013
I have always found Science Diet to be a superior pet food brand. All feline members of my family eat it and are in optimal health. The small kibble is particularly nice in that it takes them longer to eat it, and they are less likely to vomit from eating too quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars pet food, November 9, 2013
Amazon.com had a great sale on this stuff and this is what I feed my pets. So far they haven't gotten sick and it appears to be the true stuff and not a fake replacement. The online sale was good, but I bought each one separately to get the $5 off. When I tried to buy two at one time the sale $5 only showed up for one. So keep this in mind for this and other items on amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Catfood, September 7, 2012
My cat is picky. He also gets an upset stomach over other varieties of cat food. However, Science diet adult optimal works best. It was used at the shelter we bought him and he loves it and this big bag, as long as it is put in a Gallon sized tupperware type container is about half price of any pet food store.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Hill's Reformulated Cat Food - Beware, February 25, 2014
According to the many consumer complaints, Hill's reformulated Science Diet is making a lot of cats sick. My two cats have been on Science Diet Original for 9 years with no problems. This week I opened a bag of the reformulated stuff and ended up with two sick, complaining and vomiting cats. The stuff stunk up my house and looks like kibble soaked in oil. Consumers are complaining wildly about the new formulation on the Web, but it seems Hill's could care less. In fact, when I went into my local pet supply, I was told a Hill's rep had just been in and put $5 discount stickers on the bags of Hill's Science Diet. Bad news. Bad business.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 7, 2014 1:26:12 PM PST
Thanks for your comments! This product was reformulated over a year ago.

What you have described about the kibble soaked in oil is related to the palatability spray on the outside of the kibble. We heard from some pet parents that their cats loved the food and others, like your cats, where the product did not agree with them. Based on consumer feedback like yours, we have adjusted our application process to eliminate this issue going forward.

We hope that your cats are feeling better. Thanks again for your post!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, and so do we, December 8, 2013
We buy this from Amazon because it's cheaper than our local big box pet store that rhymes with Let-Go, and also because it shows up at the doorstep with only a click (and a debit to my bank account). I even tried it myself; as cat food goes, I've had worse!